Thread: STREET Tires for my car

MME Goodwill Ambassador onething's Avatar

Default STREET Tires for my car

Help me decide what tires to put on my car for the street. So far I've had Pirelli P Zero Nero (name says it all) and the OEM Bridgestones. Falken Azenis don't come in the proper size, and the ones I use to AX shave themselves on the inside shoulder.

Remember, this is a 16x6.5 wheel and that limits my selection.

I'm looking for decent+quiet ride and wet and dry traction.

Buy 15" wheels? Gives you a much better (and less expensive) selection of high performance tires. Nothing like $62 Azenis to get yer heart a-thumpin'. :P

Seriously though, tailchaser and were talking about this recently, and we figured (taking Azenis as an example), that the difference in cost for 15" tires vs. 16" tires would pay for a set of average 15" wheels in three sets of tires. Plus, the taller sidewall of a 15" tire means better ride quality on those long distance hauls from East Texas.

Other than that, I can't really help you. Maybe Toyo T1-S? Think they come on 16" OEM-friendly sizes, and s'posed to be the best riding high performance tire out there. Little squishy on turn-in, but you've got race tires/Azenis for that.

Iain
    Iain

"We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing." - George Bernard Shaw

I like the oversized 16" Azenises... No wear problems at all...

And a set of heliums would be paid for (when counting the cost of ordering a set of Azenises mounted on them from Discount) after the second set of 15" Azenises...

I liked the lightness of the Toyo T1Ss, and they were nice and grippy... at first. Now they skate around like an ice cube on a hot frying pan. I doubt I'll be buying another set of those.

Best tires for ride quality, quietness, and traction (both wet and dry) were my Bridgestone S03s. I'd recommend them without question.

Does Kumho make the ECSTA MX that would fit the 16" wheel???

No... but they do make the 205/50-15 now, and those would fit nicely on a set of heliums...