Thread: Shopping cart rant

Default Shopping cart rant

So I just got back from taking dad's 4Runner to Lowe's to buy a load of gravel. When I get back out to the truck, what do I find laying against the front bumper? An empty %&$#*@! shopping cart.

How fat, lazy, inconsiderate and self-absorbed do you have to be to just leave your shopping cart in the parking lot? It's not like there aren't cart returns in every twelfth f'ing parking spot. I think it should be legal to shoot these inconsiderate bastards on the spot.

This is a huge pet peeve of mine. My wife won't even go grocery shopping with me anymore, because I will (and have) done things like grab a cart that someone just left as they were getting into their car and yell loudly "Let me get that for you, you lazy bastard." Have I got issues? Yeah, but at least I'm not so f'ing lazy or inconsiderate that I can't put my own bloody cart away when I'm done with it.

Thank you, I'm feeling much better now.
    Iain

"We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing." - George Bernard Shaw

I know right where you're coming from.

Another that gets me is the person that waits 5 minutes for a parking space, and don't even get me started on the people that cannot tell which way the arrow points in a parking lot.

I had someone fly the wrong way up a lane at Wal-Mart, hit me, and then try to file on MY insurance.

Do you guys want me to talk to some of the MD's I work with about getting your medication changed?

Hello, my name is OUTRACE and I'm a motorcyclist. It has been zero days since my last ride.

Team Cheap Bastard
    President & Founder

Quote Originally Posted by OUTRACE
    Do you guys want me to talk to some of the MD's I work with about getting your medication changed?

I don't think it's a matter of changing their meds, it's getting them on some! :P

Better living thru chemistry.

MME Goodwill Ambassador onething's Avatar

Verryyy baddd memories! Wish you hadn't brought it up Altiain.

Long story short:
    A fist-sized dent in my new Miata. No other car on my entire lane at the parking lot, but a cart about 3 spaces over. I'm standing there when a guy standing 4 lanes uphill from me says, "Is that your car? The cart bounced off mine before it hit yours. Came from the top of the hill." He had paint damage on his Lexus and was as happy as me.

Happy ending:
    I met a really good paintless dent repair guy who owns a Pantera and got my car fixed at almost a TCB price.

Kmart of course, didn't care...but they are no longer there and the employees who gave me the run around for 2 days before saying, "But we have signs in the parking lot. We're not responsible." are no longer employees there I wish them all a long and happy life.
    Bidden or not bidden, God is present
    "Up until the moment of impact, I was still having fun." Bob J. Hall San Francisco Region