Thread: Fuel and Timing stuff for Budget 1.6 FI

Default Fuel and Timing stuff for Budget 1.6 FI

OK... I have some Fuel and timing stuff that I no longer need and would be a great upgrade for a 1.6 JRSC or a Greddy turbo. Here is what there is:

MSD ignition boost retard Unit. Retards timing 6 degrees under boost, starting at 4 psi.

(Stock photo... mine works great but is a little beat up)

JRSC Big Boost kit, minus the Crank pulley. It includes a High-pressure fuel pump and a black box fuel control controller... this is what JR says about it:
    The 1.6 electronics tie directly into the airflow meter. By doing this we can essentially get the ECU to deliver more fuel through lengthening injector duty cycle. We discovered that when altering water temp or air temp circuits (depending which model we are talking about) the ECU gave extra fuel but also extra timing. By going direct to the air flow meter we get the fuel without the timing. The second half to the 1.6 BBK is the Fuel Pump. The high flow fuel pump we sell now does not deliver enough pressure or quantity (as many of the guys on the list have found). We are using a Walbro GSS342 and this is the biggest baddest pump we stock. It also plugs directly into the stock Miata plug (no changing the leads around.
    If you want pics, I can go take some, but it's just a pump and a black box with some wires hanging off of it.

The MSD sells for $158 new. The Pump sells for $125 new. The Black Box is only available in combination with the pump and a crank pulley for $399. I will sell all 3 pieces together for $150.

Nobody? I give this another day or so and then it is going on Miata.net or Ebay.

I'm forwarding this to a friend, I'm not sure what he already has, but his kit was pretty basic.
    Smile
    93' LE #1136 - FM II
    250k miles

This one can be locked up. Nathan picked everything up yesterday.

In before the lock. They are ALL MINE. MINE I TELL YOU...MINE! Thanks Titus.
    Wealth, power, and experience are apparently not enough to save us from social influences. Groupthink, as described by I.L.Janis, is the tendency for group members to reach a consensus opinion, even if that decision is downright stupid (Janis 1982).