Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Miata price/value.

Default Miata price/value.

Just out of curiosity, I'm wondering what you folks would estimate my car to be worth. I bought it from a friend, so I didn't do any comparison shopping.

93 base model, manual, no air (never had it). 107K miles. Decent shape inside and out. Aftermarket wheels.

I dunno if Sammm has A/C, but his car is much like mine.....

So if I were going to sell it, what price would you expect to see on it?

(It's really just a curiosity thing.... I'm not looking to sell.)
    Hello, my name is OUTRACE and I'm a motorcyclist. It has been zero days since my last ride.

No ac in Texas? Ill give you 10 bucks!

Obviously you never lived here in the 70s.
    Hello, my name is OUTRACE and I'm a motorcyclist. It has been zero days since my last ride.

$2700- $3200, If the engine brakes are good. Alot less if the back window is craked or faded or if there is any body rust.

IMHO.

Chris
    91 Miata (#3), Rattle Can Grey(previous owner), Greddy Turbo @7 PSI and Manifold (Only items remaining from the kit), TDR I/C, Godspeed Radiator, RM DP, 2.5 Enthuza Bipes, BEGI AFPR, ACT, Lightened Stock Flywheel, Yellow Konis, FCM on Stock Springs, HDM2S, MOMO Wheel, Ratsback Front CF Lip, Black Rota's on EcstaXS, Corrado Rotors & XP8's on Front w/ 1.8 rears.

http://austinmiata.com/

Wishlist: Megasquirt to run 12-13 PSI, White non-spray paint job, 8" 6UL's, RX7 LSD, Evans Waterless Coolant

I never lived in the 70s, let alone here.

Quote Originally Posted by Majik
    There was life on this planet before air conditioning..... :P

Quote Originally Posted by OUTRACE
    Quote Originally Posted by Majik
    Yep and I hear these guys were roaming around then!

Quote Originally Posted by POS Racing
    Yep and I hear these guys were roaming around then!
    Sam? Can you tell us what life was like back then?
    Daily Driver: 2013 Club edition in Pearl White Mica

Lightness? What's that? I drive a PRHT!

Team Cheap Bastard
    President & Founder

Quote Originally Posted by channelmaniac
    Sam? Can you tell us what life was like back then?
    It was dark, cold and scary. You wouldn't have lasted a day.

Quote Originally Posted by OUTRACE
    Sure, next you are going to say there wasnt cable tv or video games!!!

Quote Originally Posted by sammm
    It was dark, cold and scary. You wouldn't have lasted a day.
    See so you didnt need ac right?

1 Question. 1 Reply to the question. 7 rambling, off-topic responses which don't do anything to help the original poster answer his question. Well, I guess this is the Bull section.

I did a quick search on AutoTrader, looking for 1993 manual transmission vehicles with less than 100,000 miles, then I ignored those with less than 90,000. Looks like the prices are going from at $4,000 to $6,000, but they all had air conditioning. I'm guessing $4,000 is the very top of the scale that you could expect to get -- if you waited for the "right" buyer -- and something in the $3,000 to $3,400 range is probably more like it. For what it's worth, Kelly Blue Book has it at only $2,720...

Quote Originally Posted by Kestrel
    I'm guessing $4,000 is the very top of the scale that you could expect to get -- if you waited for the "right" buyer -- and something in the $3,000 to $3,400 range is probably more like it. For what it's worth, Kelly Blue Book has it at only $2,720...
    If you try and sell it in August with no air it will be worth much less that if you sell it in April with no air! I'd figure it's worth between $3,000 & $4,000! It looked like a nice car!

Kewl. I paid $2k for it, so I know I can spend a couple of bucks and not get in over my head.....

As far as the pre-freonistic references..... It was only cold and dark in Sammm's part of the planet. My part was hotter than Hell in August, and I didn't get my first air conditioned dinosaur until 1976.

Heck, my first cave didn't have AC back in 1975.

And BTW - that particular model of dinosaur was really only good when travelling in a straight line.... they SUCKED in the corners. Big, sloppy, and the tail tended to wag the dino.....

(Guys, I raced motorcycles in a full leather suit all summer for several years....... Cars simply can't get that hot unless you sit on the motor.)

Well I was born and raised in the 60's. I don't remember car's without A/C though. As a matter of fact I thought A/C was a STD option. It wasn't until I was 13 or so that I saw a car without A/C at a family reunion in Nebraska. I was blown away and shocked that anyone would even consider a car w/o A/C. I guess I lived in a shelter'd world :o
    '08 Copper Red GT PRHT, '06 Accord EXL, '05 Dodge Magnum R/T, '01 V8 Dakota for pulling 2135 Chaparral.

Chassis Designer

c'mon guys...i was born in 81 and i didn't live in a house with a/c until the end of '95. my car has a/c but i don't think i've ever turned it on except in bad weather for the defroster and when i have company in the car. i grew up outside....a/c is kinda nice but over rated...you guys are just sissys...lol, j/k
    See profile for more details: 14.56 @ 94.89 on 50 shot. 2.18- 60', 9.40 @ 75.52- 1/8.

Chassis Designer

c'mon guys...i was born in 81 and i didn't live in a house with a/c until the end of '95. my car has a/c but i don't think i've ever turned it on except in bad weather for the defroster and when i have company in the car. i grew up outside....a/c is kinda nice but over rated...you guys are just sissys...lol, j/k
    See profile for more details: 14.56 @ 94.89 on 50 shot. 2.18- 60', 9.40 @ 75.52- 1/8.

Born in 81......... I'd been married, divorced, bought my third house, and owned a computer dealership in Hawaii by 1981......

(Why does that make me sound so much older than I feel?)

Computer dealership?? Is that because they were the size of cars?

It's because 1981 was pre-PC...... and they used to be VERY expensive, very specific, and VERY VERY profitable.

That is because in 1981 computers cost as much as a used car..... I remember paying $2300 for a 486x66 back in 1992.... and that was a blazing computer for its day.
    Chris - 2014 Chevrolet Camaro SS
    2013 Red Miata Sport
    2006 Winning Blue Miata
    2000 Red Miata
    2011 Red Mazda2
    2015 Smart Electric

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast