Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Overheating Part Duex

Default Overheating Part Duex

Sooooo, in reference to this post, I'm having overheating issues yet again.

After leaving ER Event #6 on August 1, while driving down 183 towards downtown Dallas, I was on the verge of overheating. I was reading on the pointy board about other folks having this same problem... they suggested, after continued overheating issues even after a flush, that I may have to 'burp" my car... in other words, there are pockets of air trapped in the block somewhere.

Anyone ever "burp" their car? How the hell would one do this?

As Per the Mazda Sevice Manual for 1993!

AIR BLEEDING
    When the coolant refilling it.
    1. Slowly pour the coolant into the radiator up to the coolant filler port.
    2. Fill the coolant reservoir up to the FULL level.
    3. Install the radiator cap securely and start the engine.
    4. Run the engine at idle speed until it reaches normal operating temperature.
    Caution If the temperature increase beyond normal, there
    is excessive air in the system. Stop the engine, allow the engine to cool, and repeat Steps 1-3.

5. Run the engine above idle several times as specified. Speed: 2,200-2,800 rpm x 5 sec.
    6. Stop the engine and wait till the system is cooled down. Remove the radiator cap and check the coolant level. If the coolant level has dropped, repeat the operation from Step 1.

I know you don't want to hear this, but dude, you need a radiator
    '08 Copper Red GT PRHT, '06 Accord EXL, '05 Dodge Magnum R/T, '01 V8 Dakota for pulling 2135 Chaparral.

Quote Originally Posted by TurboDuane
    I know you don't want to hear this, but dude, you need a radiator
    I think Turboduane may be on to something!

Do you have a radiator shop up in Southern Oklahoma; maybe you can get it cleaned out if it's not real bad.

Good luck there...

Plastic caps on a metal radiator...

It's time to not be a CB and buy an aftermarket aluminum one.

RJ
    Daily Driver: 2013 Club edition in Pearl White Mica

Lightness? What's that? I drive a PRHT!

If you don't have it fixed by the SCCA event on the 15th, you are welcome to co-drive mine.

Quote Originally Posted by brock
    If you don't have it fixed by the SCCA event on the 15th, you are welcome to co-drive mine.
    Thanks! That's a very nice offer!

I don't know if you want me jinxing your car though!

Better jump on the offer while I'm still .

I have a single core radiator that I just took out of my 91 BRG, you are welcome to try it out and see if it fixes your problem. It is in the for sale section, but no bites, so I would be glad to loan it out for you to see if that fixes your problem. If it doesnt then at least you elminiate one possibility off the get go. It looks fairly new, but I was having problems overheating with the ac on. It turned out to be the fan (I discovered after I put the double core in there.) Let me know.

Chris
    [email protected]

brock wrote:
    Sounds like someone may have or expect to have a new tire budget
    '08 Copper Red GT PRHT, '06 Accord EXL, '05 Dodge Magnum R/T, '01 V8 Dakota for pulling 2135 Chaparral.

brock wrote:
    The reaction that I got was not quite what I expected, so I am going to approach it from a different angle tomorrow. Just let the idea stir in the back of the head for a while, if you know what I mean.

I myself have already budgeted for up to 2 more sets of 14" tires for this season though.

brock wrote:
    The reaction that I got was not quite what I expected, so I am going to approach it from a different angle tomorrow. Just let the idea stir in the back of the head for a while, if you know what I mean.

I myself have already budgeted for up to 2 more sets of 14" tires for this season though.
    My reaction? Did I miss something?

Quote Originally Posted by Treibenschnell
    brock wrote:

My reaction? Did I miss something?

Not your reaction, someone else that both TD and I know.

Did you get this problem sorted out?

Quote Originally Posted by Kags1969
    Did you get this problem sorted out?
    I'll be doing the dual fan mod today... however, it looks like I'll be buying a new radiator. Radiators, however, are not the cheapest things in the world nor do I want to go cheap when it comes to such a critical piece of the works. I'm shopping around on different sites... nice aluminum radiators out there!

I have a single core radiator that I just took out of my 91 BRG, you are welcome to try it out and see if it fixes your problem. It is in the for sale section, but no bites, so I would be glad to loan it out for you to see if that fixes your problem.

Chris
    [email protected]
    Hey 3Bean did you take Kags1969 up on his generous offer to see if the problem is the radiator??

Quote Originally Posted by POS Racing
    I have a single core radiator that I just took out of my 91 BRG, you are welcome to try it out and see if it fixes your problem. It is in the for sale section, but no bites, so I would be glad to loan it out for you to see if that fixes your problem.

Chris
    [email protected]
    Hey 3Bean did you take Kags1969 up on his generous offer to see if the problem is the radiator??
    Ahh! I didn't see that the first time! Wow... I'm such a dolt! Hell ya I'll try the loaner first and see if that cures it!

Quote Originally Posted by Treibenschnell
    Ahh! I didn't see that the first time! Wow... I'm such a dolt! Hell ya I'll try the loaner first and see if that cures it!
    Someone offering you free parts to help you determine what wrong with you car and you missed it!

I'm sooooo disappointed!

Quote Originally Posted by POS Racing

I'm sooooo disappointed!
    I know, I know... I'm disappointed myself!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast