Thread: I am moving to Georgia...

Default I am moving to Georgia...

...just as soon as I come up with $40-70 million.

While most new-home shoppers might prize a quiet lot far from the roadway, there’s another breed of buyers looking to be as close to the asphalt as possible. Andrew Goggin thinks he has their number.

Goggin is the president of Unlimited Speed, a real estate development company currently selling plots of land in Victory Lane, a 3,000-acre, first-of-its-kind development located outside Savannah, Ga., where the wealthiest gearheads will get one premier perk — a private 4.5-mile race course built solely for their use.

Goggin says most residents will have a net worth between $40 million and $70 million, and their homes here will most likely be their second, third or fourth. Most households will be headed by a high-end car collector who likes to test his or her car’s performance firsthand. “The people who build here — and drive here — will be former professional drivers, current drivers and amateurs to semi-professionals,” says Goggin. “These guys know how to race.”

Maybe then I could get some of that seat time Iain is always talking about.

S.

Why move to Georgia? Why wait till you have $40 million? Racers Ranch is 40 miles from downtown Dallas and they are selling 5-acre lots for $275,000.

Sweet! I wonder if they'll let me buy a home site and put a travel trailer on it.

S.

Quote Originally Posted by srivendel View Post
    Sweet! I wonder if they'll let me buy a home site and put a travel trailer on it.

S.
    Yeah... I was thinking I might just be able to pull it off if they would allow me to drop a used double-wide on the lot.

Quote Originally Posted by Titus View Post
    Yeah... I was thinking I might just be able to pull it off if they would allow me to drop a used double-wide on the lot.
    With 5 acres, we could move the whole posse onto one of those lots!

S.

Quote Originally Posted by srivendel View Post
    With 5 acres, we could move the whole posse onto one of those lots!

S.
    Lets see... We get 16 guys to each kick in $25k (Ok... think deal is dead right there), we buy the lot, spend $50k to drop a used double-wide on it, and spend $75k building garages on the site.