Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New track North of Denton

Default New track North of Denton

Here is the link to their website: http://www.eaglescanyon.com/
    Lots of pics, but memberships won't be cheep. I think one is $5000 plus $200 a month. Too bad as it looks like a fun course.
    "Pain is inevitable, suffering is optional." Haruki Murakami

Driver
    The Enclave at The Villages of Deer Run at Quail Arroyo Estates de Chandelier Crossing
    Blog Entries

Hot damn -- this one looks real! Here's hoping it is made available and affordable to Texas trackday orgs (PCA, RS, LSTD, etc.).

Quote Originally Posted by redmenace View Post
    Hot damn -- this one looks real! Here's hoping it is made available and affordable to Texas trackday orgs (PCA, RS, LSTD, etc.).
    I spotted this on the site:

5. INDIVIDUAL DRIVERS, CAR, MOTOR CYCLE CLUBS AND RACE EVENTS
    The track will be made available to qualified drivers who are accompanied by an existing ECR member for a daily fee of $150. This provision will allow potential guests that have exceeded the allowable guest passes provided by membership to participate in track days provided the driver is accompanied by a member. Clubs, racing organizations, corporate clients, promotional and media users and others will be able to rent the track as scheduling allows. Prices will be made available by the management of ECR to the respective parties.

This doesn't sound too bad:

4. JUNIOR MEMBERSHIP

Approximately ten weekends per year (Friday, Saturday and Sundays). As many week days as the schedule permits.

This membership is non refundable but the amount can be converted at a later stage to any of the other memberships stated.

A one time fee of $2,500, less 20% discount before the track opens.

Weekend fees of $100 per day, weekday fees of $75 per day

Quote Originally Posted by MadMerv View Post
    This doesn't sound too bad:

4. JUNIOR MEMBERSHIP

Approximately ten weekends per year (Friday, Saturday and Sundays). As many week days as the schedule permits.

This membership is non refundable but the amount can be converted at a later stage to any of the other memberships stated.

A one time fee of $2,500, less 20% discount before the track opens.

Weekend fees of $100 per day, weekday fees of $75 per day
    Given that there is no monthly fee attached to this one, it does sound pretty good.

Hmmm...am I the only one that doesn't like the track layout?

Quote Originally Posted by miataspeedracer View Post
    Hmmm...am I the only one that doesn't like the track layout?
    I don't like all the square corners and straight straights!

Driver
    The Enclave at The Villages of Deer Run at Quail Arroyo Estates de Chandelier Crossing
    Blog Entries

Looks may be deceiving -- the MSR 1.7 looks pretty dull on paper (with the exception of rattlesnake), but the experience is altogether different.

And it can't be any worse than the TMS infield.

Not to mention the fact that you can't see the effects of the 70 ft. of elevation changes by just looking at the map. Lets hold out some hope that it drives better than it looks.

While I know this is good for the car clubs in the area, I know that some friends of mine that live up there sure aren't happy about it. The local sheriff supposedly has told the locals they would crack down on anything around the track. So keep an eye out... and try to be nice to the locals...
    --
    Dave
    "Opinions are like ..."

With MSR, this one and the track near Bridgeport our track options are blossoming!

Now if only we could get some AutoX venues east of I35 we'd be in bidness!
    ...and across the line.

1996 Mazda Miata - R-Package (Eve-L)
    2012 Mazda CX-9 - Grand Touring (Dory)

Quote Originally Posted by Dave04 View Post
    While I know this is good for the car clubs in the area, I know that some friends of mine that live up there sure aren't happy about it. The local sheriff supposedly has told the locals they would crack down on anything around the track. So keep an eye out... and try to be nice to the locals...
    I saw a message board a while back where locals were freaked out about it, but they seemed to be focusing on the expectation of it being used for races drawing 100k + attendees and the traffic mess that would cause. They really didn't understand how low the probability of that type of track use actually happening really is.

Quote Originally Posted by Titus View Post
    I saw a message board a while back where locals were freaked out about it, but they seemed to be focusing on the expectation of it being used for races drawing 100k + attendees and the traffic mess that would cause. They really didn't understand how low the probability of that type of track use actually happening really is.
    True... it's human nature to fear what you don't know/understand.

But... I do understand that many of the people up there moved up there to get away from "city life" and enjoy the country. When you say you're going to put an F1 certified race track near my house in the country, I'd be pretty pissed too.

The right answer is.. for everyone associated with the track to go a little out of their way for a while to make the locals happy.
    --
    Dave
    "Opinions are like ..."

Quote Originally Posted by Dave04 View Post
    The right answer is.. for everyone associated with the track to go a little out of their way for a while to make the locals happy.
    Absolutely! I would also suggest to anyone that knows anyone in that area that is concerned, convince them to go down to Cresson for the day to check out what a club track looks like, how the noise is from various distances, and hit a few of the stores in town to talk to the locals about what it is like to live with a club track. They may still hate the idea after their day down there but at least they won't be so wrapped up in a fear of the unknown.

It may have helped if the owners of the track had failed to say the following in a Star Telegram Story about the track :
    The couple also hope to be far enough along in the track's development to host international races by 2008, as well as other major, sanctioned races for professionals and amateurs.

Quote Originally Posted by black roadster View Post
    With MSR, this one and the track near Bridgeport our track options are blossoming!

Now if only we could get some AutoX venues east of I35 we'd be in bidness!
    This IS the one near Bridgeport.

Well in the PCA local mag it said this track only used 200 of the 400 acres that they have. They are planning on using the other 200 for a rally track or some sort of off road dirt trails. That may make them happier
    "Pain is inevitable, suffering is optional." Haruki Murakami

Quote Originally Posted by POS Racing View Post
    It may have helped if the owners of the track had failed to say the following in a Star Telegram Story about the track :
    Yep... their "vision" posted on the website paints a much more realistic picture than the what the media hyped up. Some things of note:
    • Phase 1 includes only 8 acres of parking and no stands.
    • Phase 2 adds RV hook-up points and "Some spectator stands".
    • Phase 3 (where a second track is added) is when they plan on adding the Helicopter pad and permanent spectator stands
    This tells me that they will have added a second track by the time the facility is capable of supporting a decent sized event. No way that is happening next year.

Quote Originally Posted by MadMerv View Post
    This IS the one near Bridgeport.
    Doh!
    ...and across the line.

1996 Mazda Miata - R-Package (Eve-L)
    2012 Mazda CX-9 - Grand Touring (Dory)

Quote Originally Posted by black roadster View Post
    Doh!
    Perhaps you were thinking of Racers Ranch in Kaufman County?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast