Thread: Front Hub anyone?

Default Front Hub anyone?

Does anyone have a low mileage front driver side hub. Stupid Mazda making it a complete assembly instead of replacing just the damn bearing.
    90 MX5 281k miles! - euro spec, Porsche Riviera Blue w/black hardtop, 97 motor swap, vintage Borbet rims, GC, FM shock hats/frame rails/rear sub-brace, AGX, sway bar, stb, Fidanza/ACT combo, EBC Yellows

92 COMMA SM - new paint coming soon...

Quote Originally Posted by icepenguin66 View Post
    Does anyone have a low mileage front driver side hub. Stupid Mazda making it a complete assembly instead of replacing just the damn bearing.
    Did ya ice-skate into a curb already???
    '94 Black & Black & Tan
    '99 head swap, JR header, TDR intake & header blanket, MegaSquirt, RB hollow bar, Tein Flex, 15x8 6ULs, HD M2 Sport, FM cat, Borla cat-back, black '95M interior, MOMO Zebrano, IL Motorsport console...

Dyno Days
    8/16/08 (bone stock): 103.1 hp/99.0 lb-ft - Dynojet
    8/23/08 (Borla cat-back): 108.2 hp/104.1 lb-ft - Dynojet
    8/13/11 (more stuff...): 126 hp/116 lb-ft - Mustang dyno

Roger Moore: the Danny White of James Bonds

Quote Originally Posted by trickyrix View Post
    Did ya ice-skate into a curb already???
    Not yet, wheel bearing started making noise the past few days. Called vatozone to see if they had one and when they said the price I remembered you have to replace the entire spindle/hub. Man I've spent a lot of $$$ on my car lately. Replaced the crank and bearings, new tranny/clutch and about to get an alignment...I'm going broke at this rate! At least now a new top is about all that's left for my 240k mile major maintainence overhaul. Now only if the upper front ball joints didn't require replacing the entire control arm I'd be set.
    90 MX5 281k miles! - euro spec, Porsche Riviera Blue w/black hardtop, 97 motor swap, vintage Borbet rims, GC, FM shock hats/frame rails/rear sub-brace, AGX, sway bar, stb, Fidanza/ACT combo, EBC Yellows

Were they the original bearings???

Check with whoever got the transmission & other parts from me... don't remember who off hand... but they got the front spindles as they were hooked to the front subframe.

RJ
    Daily Driver: 2013 Club edition in Pearl White Mica

Lightness? What's that? I drive a PRHT!

Quote Originally Posted by POS Racing View Post
    Were they the original bearings???
    I would have to assume so. Due to some minor damage, I replaced the front passenger hub last year with one from Skirts old car (along with his clutch/flywheel/motor mounts for my 1.8 swap...thanks!) and both rear bearings. The rear bearings were so seized in there I actually had to get a replacement rear spindle/halfshaft for one side from Mazda Haven cause it broke trying to press it out. At least the shop called first before trying to that point. The bad thing about buying a car with 100k miles on it, if the previous owner didn't do regular maintainence, the bolts etc are gonna be a bitch to get off! Replaced the alignment bolts the other day and holy hell was that a rusted PITA! I should've replaced everything as soon as I bought the car, oh well.

PM me and I might be able to get you one for cheap. Like $10 cheap for whole knuckle.
    Wealth, power, and experience are apparently not enough to save us from social influences. Groupthink, as described by I.L.Janis, is the tendency for group members to reach a consensus opinion, even if that decision is downright stupid (Janis 1982).

Quote Originally Posted by channelmaniac View Post
    Check with whoever got the transmission & other parts from me... don't remember who off hand... but they got the front spindles as they were hooked to the front subframe.

RJ
    Well, then who might that be and what mileage was on the hubs you got rid of? I love being a member of TCB and all, but also hate to install another used soon to be worn out wheel bearing cause I think $120 for the front hub at Vatozone is too much.

You should buy a Miata, I hear they're super reliable. You won't ever have to buy a thing for them!
    09 Lexus RX350
    .... no Miata

EBAY is your friend!

Linkie
    05 MX-5 Mazdaspeed #1024 Titanium Gray Mica

Check out Oreilly's. I got a passenger side hub for my wife's this summer from them. Did not have to buy the spindle.

Mazda has NEVER sold the front bearings seperately........
    92 Sunny 214k, 95 Dimples, 93 James Bondo, 92 SM (Speedie Jr )
    Shelley, Apex, Tigger, Max, Baby(cats), Fluffy, Spot, and Peanut (mini horses), Cinnamon & Bitsy(dawgs)
    MSR #1001, SCCA #208822 Let's go racin'

Quote Originally Posted by MadMerv View Post
    Mazda has NEVER sold the front bearings seperately........
    Yep, my complaint exactly! I remembered replacing the rear ones not too long ago and couldn't remember about the front till I called and heard the price!

Talking

Yep, my complaint exactly!!
    Gee the Miata has only been using hub setup since 1989....

You should grow back your mullet and get another Bitchin' Camaro that you could load up with all you whinny stuff and move to Michigan!

Have a safe trip!

check out rosenthol mazda they sell the complete hub pretty cheap.

Quote Originally Posted by POS Racing View Post
    Gee the Miata has only been using hub setup since 1989....

You should grow back your mullet and get another Bitchin' Camaro that you could load up with all you whinny stuff and move to Michigan!

Have a safe trip!
    Wow, somebody got their car ego bubble busted. Truth hurts, luckily it's not too common like on the American cars everyone is so quick to criticize. I've done a lot of work on my car and have very few complaints about design but as every car does it has a few. This is one design flaw that could be easily avoided making long term mainainence much easier.

I love Dallas, despite the fact people are not used to ice! Mullet my ass, never ever ever man, even most die-hard Texas say no to the mullet!