Thread: Moving Boxes

Default Moving Boxes

I will be putting my house up on the market soon and will need moving boxes. If anyone has any let me know.
    2005 Lava Orange MSM #601/1428
    211 rwhp, 195 ft. lbs on 1/6/07

Quote Originally Posted by Magma View Post
    I will be putting my house up on the market soon and will need moving boxes. If anyone has any let me know.
    Where you moving to?

Quote Originally Posted by Titus View Post
    Where you moving to?
    onething's old van... down by the river.
    Maybe 4 wheels aren't so bad after all... wickett.org
    It only goes to show when people can no longer discriminate on the grounds of race, religion, or sexual orientation, they can improvise and still find someone to hate. - Dave Moulton

Quote Originally Posted by tailchaser View Post
    onething's old van... down by the river.
    Nice! It has been too long since there has been a good reference to onething's old van.

Team Cheap Bastard
    President & Founder

Quote Originally Posted by Magma View Post
    When we moved about 6 mos. ago, there was a guy (in Lewisville) on craigslist selling boxes. Don't know how much stuff you have, but it was well worth it for me to get a pick-up load of flattened out boxes and be done with it.

Grocery stores trash theirs, but liquor store boxes are the best boxes as they are re-inforced and usually easier to get boxes out of if you want the real cheap way. Sams also usually sells 10 moving boxes for 10 bucks if you are in the paying mood.

I have a but load of computer boxes. 3 pallets or more. Only catch is you have to pick them up.

I will know where I am moving to when I sell my house to find out what I can afford. Probably Carrollton area. I will try the liquor stores and maybe Sams, MM, I can pick them up if the fit in the MSM

Just let me know when you want to come pick them up. I work in downtown Dallas. I've got plenty, Some are LCD Boxes which are smaller than the PC boxes which aren't that big. I'll take a look at them tomorrow and messure them to let you know how big they are.

MME Goodwill Ambassador onething's Avatar

Talk to your local grocer. The boxes 1 gal milk comes in are just right for books and such. They are sturdy and have hand holes in them. Typically, you need to get there on the day milk comes or they are broken down. I still have a few from a move almost 10 yrs ago and they are still good.
    Bidden or not bidden, God is present
    "Up until the moment of impact, I was still having fun." Bob J. Hall San Francisco Region

Damn....did they sell milk back then or did you just get under the cow?
    I live where even the coyotes won't go...

The boxes I have here are about 1-1/2' X 2' X 9" and then the about the same dimensions on the slightly larger boxes. Maybe about 2' X 2' X 9". And I have plenty of them.

I can get you some from work too. They would be PC and LCD boxes about the same size as the ones MiataMike listed.
    '06 RSX Type-S NBP

Quote Originally Posted by Nexus Flux View Post
    I can get you some from work too. They would be PC and LCD boxes about the same size as the ones MiataMike listed.

The PC ones would help and you Deliver right????

I'll bring some home if you want to come get them. (if it's not too far of a drive for ya)

BTW there is a large white box still in my garage if you want to use it for moving. :P
    '06 RSX Type-S NBP