Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Local Dallas place to get Falken Azenis?

Oil Changer

Default Local Dallas place to get Falken Azenis?

Is there any place where I can buy and get some Azenis mounted in Dallas? I know I can get them shipped from Edge Racing (though currently out of stock), but I was wondering if someone locally carried them.

Thanks,
    rickdm

Discount does. Go in and get them to price match edge racing. Someone will chime in with the best location to go to.

MME Goodwill Ambassador onething's Avatar

My local Firestone guy beat everyone's prices.

215/45/16 $540 out the door
    Bidden or not bidden, God is present
    "Up until the moment of impact, I was still having fun." Bob J. Hall San Francisco Region

Quote Originally Posted by Majik View Post
    Discount does. Go in and get them to price match edge racing. Someone will chime in with the best location to go to.

+1... Discount is good about price-matching, but they can get kinda squirrelly if you try to get them to match Tire Rack or some other online tire shop.
    '94 Black & Black & Tan
    '99 head swap, JR header, TDR intake & header blanket, MegaSquirt, RB hollow bar, Tein Flex, 15x8 6ULs, HD M2 Sport, FM cat, Borla cat-back, black '95M interior, MOMO Zebrano, IL Motorsport console...

Dyno Days
    8/16/08 (bone stock): 103.1 hp/99.0 lb-ft - Dynojet
    8/23/08 (Borla cat-back): 108.2 hp/104.1 lb-ft - Dynojet
    8/13/11 (more stuff...): 126 hp/116 lb-ft - Mustang dyno

Roger Moore: the Danny White of James Bonds

Quote Originally Posted by trickyrix View Post
    +1... Discount is good about price-matching, but they can get kinda squirrelly if you try to get them to match Tire Rack or some other online tire shop.
    I've never had a problem getting them to match Edge Racing or Tire Rack. Just bring a print out of the cost including shipping. FYI, I go to the discount on Pioneer Pkwy in Grand Prairie b/c it's right near work.
    Thomas
    V-to-the-Dub

Quote Originally Posted by Miatamoto View Post
    I've never had a problem getting them to match Edge Racing or Tire Rack. Just bring a print out of the cost including shipping. FYI, I go to the discount on Pioneer Pkwy in Grand Prairie b/c it's right near work.
    I tried it once at my local discount and the guy said something to the effect of "Wow...thats a good price... you should order from them. Feel free to bring them to us when you are ready to have them mounted."

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by Titus View Post
    I tried it once at my local discount and the guy said something to the effect of "Wow...thats a good price... you should order from them. Feel free to bring them to us when you are ready to have them mounted."
    Must be you, next time bring a stepladder so you can look the discount guy in the eye.

I've had success with the printouts of the folks who have better prices, but it greatly depends on the working the counter.

Quote Originally Posted by POS Racing View Post
    Must be you, next time bring a stepladder so you can look the discount guy in the eye.

I've had success with the printouts of the folks who have better prices, but it greatly depends on the working the counter.
    You might try calling first and asking for the manager to see what he says before you drive there.

Oil Changer

Thanks, I never would have guessed Discount Tires. Are the Azenis typically in stock or are they special order?

rickdm

Team Cheap Bastard
    President & Founder

Quote Originally Posted by rickdm View Post
    Thanks, I never would have guessed Discount Tires. Are the Azenis typically in stock or are they special order?

rickdm
    Usually special order, but typically available in a few days.

Which inevitably leads to the question... why deal with some behind the counter at Discount who may or may not give you the price you want? Just order them online and save yourself the hassle.
    Iain

"We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing." - George Bernard Shaw

Quote Originally Posted by altiain View Post
    Which inevitably leads to the question... why deal with some behind the counter at Discount who may or may not give you the price you want? Just order them online and save yourself the hassle.
    I agree.. It would be different if they actually stocked them, but in this case you are not going to get them any quicker then ordering them online.

Quote Originally Posted by altiain View Post
    Because it's their company policy to beat the price and it's not always a fun/safe ride in a Miata with 4 tires to the tire shop.
    Thomas
    V-to-the-Dub

Team Cheap Bastard
    President & Founder

Got my Azenis mounted on my AX wheels yesterday and put them on the car last night. While taking my Hankook RS-2 street tires off the car, I noticed this (see pic). Guess that explains why they were so noisy on the highway.

Guess I need to order another set of tires!
    Attached Images Attached Images

I swear, I've read this thread before.
    But just now I read the title of it as "Local Dallas Police to get Falken Azenis".

But that sucks about the Hankooks, they look pretty worn already at least!
    Black 2002 Honda S2000
    Black 1992 Euro spec BMW 735iL
    Black 2003 Honda CBR 600 RR

Quote Originally Posted by TheChadVIII View Post
    I swear, I've read this thread before.
    But just now I read the title of it as "Local Dallas Police to get Falken Azenis".

But that sucks about the Hankooks, they look pretty worn already at least!
    Me too, I thought that is going to cost a ton since the police drive so much.

DIscount price matched edgeracing.com for me...and my set came from a warehouse in Dallas....so....you might have to wait a day at worst...only took em 1 day to get them to Lbk, from DFW...I was impressed.

Ordered a set yesterday at my local DT, sounded like an reverse auction.

How Mr. POS how about 600 no? 550 ok 545, 535, 525, 500, do I here 495, 490, oh you want those mounted on rims, 565, now 457, oh how about disposal, now 501, did you want new valves that takes us to 517.50. And it went on and on and on, finally once I announced I was losing interest we hit on a number I could kinda live with......

Team Cheap Bastard
    President & Founder

finally once I announced I was losing interest we hit on a number I could kinda live with......
    Majik reported similiar issues to me dealing with Discount. We may want to start looking around for a new supplier. Buying tires shouldn't have to be that freakin' painful!

Quote Originally Posted by sammm View Post
    Majik reported similiar issues to me dealing with Discount. We may want to start looking around for a new supplier. Buying tires shouldn't have to be that freakin' painful!
    Ya don't say!

Hey BAM you guys sell Azenis???

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast