Thread: Boston LED scare

Default Boston LED scare

After hearing about the Boston ATHF bomb scare there was a little group I had to check on.

I suspect that the folks that did the LED lights took a little inspitation from these guys and girls.

The LED lights found in Boston are nothing new and have been in use by groups around the world for the last few years. See the origin of the throwie here.
    '06 RSX Type-S NBP

Quote Originally Posted by Treibenschnell View Post
    I thought the campaign was ingenious... it's a sad fact though about the post September 11 paranoid world we now live in.
    Sadly, a real terrorist needs only to put a Lite-Brite in front of a real bomb. That's why we can't have this going on anymore. It's a different world and I'm not at all happy about it.
    Randy (who'd rather be )
    - - - - -
    Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside a dog, it's too dark to read. -Groucho Marx
    2005 Saab 9³ Arc 2.0L Turbo

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by randy7601 View Post
    Sadly, a real terrorist needs only to put a Lite-Brite in front of a real bomb.
    Too complicated.

They'll just use a backpack or a Corolla like they do everywhere else.

As an aside, we're starting to push the political conversation threshold a bit...

As an aside, we're starting to push the political conversation threshold a bit...
    Understood.
    Randy (who'd rather be )
    - - - - -
    Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside a dog, it's too dark to read. -Groucho Marx
    2005 Saab 9³ Arc 2.0L Turbo

I only posted the links because I think the group has neat new (read: undestructive but creative) ways to stimulate the minds of the public.

One little thing they tried out was the Postal Chair where they made chairs out of readily (free) availible USPS boxes to turn a open area into a more usable public space. Link
    '06 RSX Type-S NBP

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by Nexus Flux View Post
    I only posted the links because I think the group has neat new (read: undestructive but creative) ways to stimulate the minds of the public.

One little thing they tried out was the Postal Chair where they made chairs out of readily (free) availible USPS boxes to turn a open area into a more usable public space. Link

Agreed.

And the Postal Chairs are neat!

As for the political discussion deal, the boss doesn't really care for it on his board... so I'm just looking out for all of us.

...and across the line.

1996 Mazda Miata - R-Package (Eve-L)
    2012 Mazda CX-9 - Grand Touring (Dory)

Upon further inspection, no materials designed to harm people, mushrooms to increase a person's size, or flowers that bestow the ability to project bouncing fireballs were found inside the boxes

LOL...I like that part of the story.

That's some pretty cool stuff, wish they had that back when I was spending my misspent youth
    To do list: carpet X1, seatcovers X1

97' Green M Edition

▄︻┻┳═一

I'm sorry but it is sad that the government can confuse a cartoon lite-brite with a terrorist bomb. This just further illustrates the lack of confidece in our government, IMHO of course.
    90 MX5 281k miles! - euro spec, Porsche Riviera Blue w/black hardtop, 97 motor swap, vintage Borbet rims, GC, FM shock hats/frame rails/rear sub-brace, AGX, sway bar, stb, Fidanza/ACT combo, EBC Yellows

92 COMMA SM - new paint coming soon...

Exclamation

As for the political discussion deal, the boss doesn't really care for it on his board... so I'm just looking out for all of us.
    And there it is...