Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Fuel Flow

Default Fuel Flow

anyone running larger injectors?
    I'm looking for a good price on rx-7 injectors, what are
    the average prices on the purple top 550cc?
    10/30/06 - 93' black primered MX5 1.6L
    Wiseco Pistons 9:1, Carrillo Rods, ARP head and main bolts, FM valves +1mm and stiffer springs, new lifters, main bearings, cometic head gasket, port and polish head, ready for boost....

hmmm wrong forum i guess...

.......echo...........echo...............echo..... ..
    ..................echo..............echo.......... ....
    Wiseco Pistons 9:1, Carrillo Rods, ARP head and main bolts, FM valves +1mm and stiffer springs, new lifters, main bearings, cometic head gasket, port and polish head, ready for boost....

I run RC 440s. Got them from FM. Track Dog Racing is now selling RCs too.

yeah i did have you in mind, since you have the FPR i figured you're either running too much pressure at the fuel rail or larger injectors. Any idea of what pressure you have at the rail?
    are the RC 440cc plug and play or do i need some pigtails?
    I don't think i saw those on TDR website but i may have overlooked
    the site...
    you're also running the JR fuel pump, correct? is it the 190 HP?

I ran the AFPR and larger pump before swapping to the 440 injectors. The purpose of the AFPR and pump is to force more fuel through the injectors then they are designed for. Using the AFPR, pump, and larger injectors all at the same time would be redundant.

The Track Dog page for injectors is here.

that means that i can run the stock fuel pump as long as i don't exceed 75psi of pressure to the rail, but i probably won't even see 50psi since the injectors will do plenty of spraying, my EMS is capable of controlling the pulse width of the injectors, i still haven't messed around with it but i know for sure i want to get bigger injectors... I'll be hunting through junk yards this coming week...

no that i think about it, i don't need the MSD Sebring, Vortech FPR, nor the airflow sensor, lol...

Titus, are you running a dual feed at the rail or single? stock or aftermarket fuel rail? I know some ppl have been modding the stock rail by making it a dual feed just to get and even out pressure on the injectors...

Stock rail. I would get the FM rail instead of modding the stock rail, but that is because I am a follow the directions type of guy instead of a fabricate it myself type of guy.

Prefers his T-Bones Deboned... jeff_man's Avatar

i got some turbo 2 injectors not sure if there high or low imp. I'll look later for you

I know last time I was talking to Gary about injectors he said he is working with a company to make some injectors that are plug and play. This would be the way to go if you don't already have a setup. I would give him a call and see where he is on getting those.

As for me I have the 550's with the Link setup. The RC injectors are high impedance, so I don't think they will work with the factory ECU. I am also running the Vishnu dual feed rail and it is a very nice unit. Prior to that I had modified my factory rail to be a dual feed setup. It is pretty simple and cheep, but not nearly as effective as the pourpose built unit. I believe both the Vishnu and FM units have larger inside diameters. There are some that will argue that a dual feed unit is not necissary, but to me it is just a little bit of added insurance. That said I think this mod is needed more on NA's as the fuel regulator is placed between 3 and 4 so there is a greatter chance of #4 going lean.
    "Pain is inevitable, suffering is optional." Haruki Murakami

Quote Originally Posted by jeff_man View Post
    i got some turbo 2 injectors
    sorry you lost me here, did you mean you have two injectors from
    a mazdaspeed miata? those are 265cc if they have the light purple tops...
    or did you mean the rx7? if you can try to check the part number for me...

Quote Originally Posted by Mouglie View Post
    sorry you lost me here, did you mean you have two injectors from
    a mazdaspeed miata? those are 265cc if they have the light purple tops...
    or did you mean the rx7? if you can try to check the part number for me...
    I believe Turbo 2 refers to a second generation (FC) turbo RX7.

in that case PM me a price for them...

turbo II FC3s RX7 2nd gen low imp. injectors ya i got some 4, what you going to do with them?

are this from an 89 rx7? i think that when they changed from high to low imp...

well i'm gonna install them in my miater, but low impedence would require some resistor or something like that to increase the resistance and some modding of the connector, filing some of it... I'm not sure what cc's those came in... are they 460cc or 550cc....?
    PM me a price, might be interested if i don't find any at the salvage yards...
    Last edited by Mouglie; 02-12-2007 at 03:22 AM.

Unless you are going with power over around 175 HP in your 1.6 I would not look at larger injectors yet. Your ECU and air flow unit does not compute like the '94 and up Miatas that have a MAF unit. Take it in steps and take your time to do it right.

On the fuel rail, all I can speak for is our own experience and that says the stock rail will more than be sufficient for producing enough fuel. We have run up to 280 HP on the stock rail and of course run at our track power level of 260+ with never an issue. I would suggest saving that money for something like the Greddy Ultimate or other ECU.

Gary
    Danger!!! This Dog Bites.
    www.trackdogracing.com

I'm not sure if there purple or tan. after about 5 years they all look the same. you will have the use a multimeter to test the oms. level

Year Engine Plug Size Colour Part #
    84-85 13B NA, low square center, 680cc, orange, 195500-0900
    86-87 13B NA, low square center, 460cc, red, 195500-1350
    86-87 13B Turbo, low square center, 550cc, tan, 195500-1370
    88 13B NA, high square offset, 460cc, purple, 195500-1350
    88 13B Turbo, high square offset, 550cc, purple, 195500-1370
    89-91 13B NA, high oval center, 460cc, red, 195500-2010
    89-91 13B Turbo, high oval center, 550cc, purple, 195500-2020

Quote Originally Posted by trackdog View Post
    Unless you are going with power over around 175 HP in your 1.6 I would not look at larger injectors yet. Your ECU and air flow unit does not compute like the '94 and up Miatas that have a MAF unit. Take it in steps and take your time to do it right.
    Gary
    Thanks Gary for the insight, i'm aiming for 200hp as a start, i'm still not too sure i'll land my mark but i'll definately need bigger injectors for a fact. I already have an engine management system to control the fuel of the injectors. My airflow meter will not be used after the turbo goes in, the EMS provides for that as well with its map sensor. I still have 200 more miles to burn on the clutch before doing any upgrades....
    I'm still playing around with the software for my EMS, i figured i will install it before i install my turbo so i can have an idea of what parameters will need more attention...

Jeff, can you PM me a price...
    not sure if i'll buy them but just
    to have an idea if i do decide to get them...thanks..

never got a PM from Jeff... on the other hand,
    $75 for a set of 460cc injectors, what a deal...
    I should have this Injectors by next week... One step closer
    to boosted glory!!!

So when are you going to install your turbo?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast