Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: How deep is your passion?

Quote Originally Posted by channelmaniac View Post
    .....I for one keep thinking of the Paul Oakenfold song: Ready, Steady, Go.

If you're wondering about words, there are few... just a great fast paced song for the track/twisties. Also, if you are wondering what the song is, it's the song from the car chase sequence in the movie "The Bourne Identity"
    Now that you mention it that is a pretty sweet track. Go, go, gadget Winamp

Maybe if I play it loud enough AJ will wake up.
    '06 RSX Type-S NBP

Quote Originally Posted by Nexus Flux View Post
    Maybe if I play it loud enough AJ will wake up.
    Urg... didn't need that visual and don't want to know what you two are doing.
    Daily Driver: 2013 Club edition in Pearl White Mica

Lightness? What's that? I drive a PRHT!

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by black roadster View Post
    I call shennanigans on all of ya! If this was "just a car", why do you talk so much about it?
    Talking about how sexy a car is versus what the rest of us are talking about (along the lines of "Why won't it start?" or "When the hell are you gonna get that car running, Bean?" or "I greased the rails but the window still won't budge) are like comparing apples and oranges.

That's the best song to feel "at one" with your ride.
    Any Rush album will do...

Urg... didn't need that visual and don't want to know what you two are doing.
    . Oh so very .

Quote Originally Posted by Treibenschnell View Post
    Talking about how sexy a car is versus what the rest of us are talking about (along the lines of "Why won't it start?" or "When the hell are you gonna get that car running, Bean?" or "I greased the rails but the window still won't budge) are like comparing apples and oranges.
    Never said it was sexy. I just asked when you started liking Miatas. I just changed the verbage to be more in the holiday spirit.

I still consider my interest in Miatas a passion. Not the same passion as I have for my wife but it is a strong interest none the less.

Heck, Car companies use passion as a selling point.
    ...and across the line.

1996 Mazda Miata - R-Package (Eve-L)
    2012 Mazda CX-9 - Grand Touring (Dory)

Quote Originally Posted by black roadster View Post
    Never said it was sexy. I just asked when you started liking Miatas. I just changed the verbage to be more in the holiday spirit.

I still consider my interest in Miatas a passion. Not the same passion as I have for my wife but it is a strong interest none the less.

Heck, Car companies use passion as a selling point.
    And you use duals for
    Smile
    93' LE #1136 - FM II
    250k miles

Quote Originally Posted by Sharpie View Post
    And you use duals for
    Double the pleasure!!!!

...and across the line.

1996 Mazda Miata - R-Package (Eve-L)
    2012 Mazda CX-9 - Grand Touring (Dory)

Hmm... first time I saw one was when I was LITTLE, sometime in the very early 90's... we were driving through another state (I think it was Mississippi) and there was one in front of us on a windy road. All I can remember is seeing that cute little blue car in front of us...

I lost track of them for a looong time, didn't even think about them for a while. I got into the whole fast/musclecar/ricer thing in my teen years and ended up with a Mercedes 300SD as my first car. Sold it, and bought a Supra. Then I started seeing the Miatas again... I really wanted one, but I liked my Supra too much so I kept it. I then blew the head gasket on the Supra and went looking for a new vehicle. I was seriously considering a Miata, but then a friend talked me into buying his (turbo) Supra. I forgot all about the Miatas for a while after that. So anyway, I finally sold the Supra off, and nearly bought a Miata again.

And then I bought an Integra. Great car, but as I drove it, I learned that it's nigh impossible for me to drive something that doesn't have any personality. The Integra felt like any other car, and I didn't feel any communication with it. Sure, it was reliable, it wasn't bad looking, and it was reasonably quick compared to my Mercedes, but it didn't "do" anything for me. I sold it to my brother, and headed for Houston with a list of Miatas to look at.

I found one in an apartment complex, dusty, hardly driven anymore, and looking pretty lonely. I asked the owner for a test drive, we jumped in, and as I pulled out of the underground parking garage into the sunlight with the top down, I broke out into the biggest grin I've ever had. I told him I would take it.

I bought it within the next couple of days and haven't looked back. I'm in love

I just can't wait for spring to drop the top

Everybody I knew back in La Grange told me that this car was perfect for me, goofy, fun, and obviously cute (heh). I think Miatas will be the only personal vehicles I will have for a looong time now.

I can't believe I actually thought about selling it recently... I'm still kicking myself. Poor girl would have been crushed if I had broken up with her...

So that's my story.
    09 Lexus RX350
    .... no Miata

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12