Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Eagles Canyon tour

Default Eagles Canyon tour

I have been invited to tour Eagles Canyon on Sunday afternoon at 1:30 if anyone wants to follow me up there. The price is $2165.00 to join now with a Junior Membership and questions can be answered first hand by the owner.
    Last edited by Tim the Teacher; 02-14-2007 at 12:30 PM.
    I live where even the coyotes won't go...

I'd like to go up there; but I have to help my friend move this weekend :-\
    Maybe it can wait and we can just pick his stuff up off the sidewalk the next day =D
    Blah blah blah!

Quote Originally Posted by Tim the Teacher View Post
    I have been invited to tour Eagles Canyon on Sunday afternoon at 1:30 if anyone wants to follow me up there. The price is $2165.00 to join now with a Junior Membership and questions can be answered first hand by the owner.
    Have a good time. Looks like a good deal.

Did you notice this:
    http://www.eaglescanyon.com/htm/fees.htm
    "A driver's helmet must be Snell SA 2000 rated or better."

Wonder if that applies to a "guest"? You might want to check to see if your helmet meets the requirement. Not alot of people have the SA grade.

I could possibly go. Don't know for sure yet. I've looked at their pricing. It's the least expensive and most practical.
    Are considering a membership Tim?

Would love to go but don't think I can make it.

I have my check ready for them though...

RJ
    Daily Driver: 2013 Club edition in Pearl White Mica

Lightness? What's that? I drive a PRHT!

That's a good question about the helmet. I will be sure to ask "the man"

This is what we a group here should try for divided 12 ways. thats $416.67 per person that wants in (One time fee) plus $20.83 a month after that per person. And whoever does the most motorcrossing stuff should have it in there name and then have the membership willed to the next in line (Just in case you know) And of course one of the twelve could sell his time on the track for a fee if he didn't want to go a certain week ect ect.

PRIVATE MEMBERSHIP
    Approximately twenty weekends per year (Friday, Saturday and Sundays). As many week days as the schedule permits.
    To include all immediate family members and up to 12 guest passes per annum (a maximum of two passes to be used per month). Free access for family members to all event days, sanctioned races and activities held at ECR. Lock-up garages will be made available according to individual needs on a first come basis.
    A one time fee of $5,000 plus 8.25% tax, less 20% discount for membership before the track opens.
    Monthly dues of $250 plus 8.25% tax.
    Blah blah blah!

Never mind, I'm a retard that doesn't know how to read All of the words

To include all immediate family members and up to 12 guest passes per annum (a maximum of two passes to be used per month).
    Blah blah blah!

The Junior membership is good for me because as a school teacher I am off in the summer (13 weeks) and can use the weekday price to my advantage and the track is about 45 minutes away with no traffic on the way.

The Junior membership is good for me because as a school teacher I am off in the summer (13 weeks) and can use the weekday price to my advantage and the track is about 45 minutes away with no traffic on the way.
    Works for me since I can make my own schedule and have 188 hours of PTO time banked... and new time accrues at the rate of 6 2/3 hours ever 2 weeks.

RJ

Tim- When you are there, see if he can provide you with a calendar for the first year that shows what weekends and weekdays will be available for the Junior Memberships. It looks like a lot of weekends will be available to the private memberships, but not to the junior members. It isn't clear if the weekdays will be handled this way too. I would also ask for conformation that the junior approved weekends are equally spaced throughout the year. I would hate to find out after paying that they have clumped them in winter and/or the hottest part of summer.

Quote Originally Posted by Titus View Post
    Tim- When you are there, see if he can provide you with a calendar for the first year that shows what weekends and weekdays will be available for the Junior Memberships. It looks like a lot of weekends will be available to the private memberships, but not to the junior members. It isn't clear if the weekdays will be handled this way too. I would also ask for conformation that the junior approved weekends are equally spaced throughout the year. I would hate to find out after paying that they have clumped them in winter and/or the hottest part of summer.

Good questions but where did you get the info on the calendar scheduling???

Good questions but where did you get the info on the calendar scheduling???
    The fees page states "PRIVATE MEMBERSHIP- Approximately twenty weekends per year", and then states "JUNIOR MEMBERSHIP- Approximately ten weekends per year". I read that as 2 possible meanings-

1) 20 weekends a year are for full members only, 10 weekends are for Juniors only, and the remaining 22 are for DEs and clubs that have rented the whole track.

Or more likely-

2) 10 weekends are for all members, 10 weekends are for full members, and the remaining 32 are for DEs/clubs rentals.

I read it as there will be 20 weekends available for Private memberships and 10 for Junior memberships. These weekends will be available for both categories when the track is not being used by clubs and events and there will not be specific usage weekends for any one category. If your a member and the track is open that weekend you can run.

Did that cornfuse you??

Did that cornfuse you??
    Yes. Which is why I want to see a calendar that tells me when I would and would not be allowed to run.

Quote Originally Posted by Titus View Post
    Tim- When you are there, see if he can provide you with a calendar for the first year that shows what weekends and weekdays will be available for the Junior Memberships. .... I would hate to find out after paying that they have clumped them in winter and/or the hottest part of summer.
    Yeah I wouldn't expect that junior members get the same prime time weekends as the $5,000, $15,000 and $20,000 memberships do. Also expect that if the grid fills out with excutive, corporate and private members you'll most likely get bumped from running. Insurance will restrict the amount of cars on the track (for example MSR has a 25 car limit). Not that this will be a problem in the beginning but maybe later. Also they seem real vague about what they are offering with statements like "Approximately ten weekends per year". They could do anything they want with that.

I'd get the junior weekends confirmed before I plunked down my $$$. I'd hate to find out my ten weekends are in Jan-Feb and Jul-Aug like Todd mentioned.

I'd also asked how many guaranteed sessions you get for your junior $100/day. Still if they give you a good selection of weekends it sounds like a really good deal.

But anything above ECR's junior membership, MSR is a much better deal in the long run. And all the cool people are at the ranch. hehe
    Last edited by 2K Miata; 02-14-2007 at 02:41 PM.

If your a member and the track is open that weekend you can run.

Did that cornfuse you??
    You might want to get that clarified.

I read it as there will be 10 scheduled weekends that you, as a junior" member will be allowed to run on. Meaning they decide what weekends the Junior members run. Their most likely not going to screw over the "paying membership" by allowing the "cheap" members the same weekends.

It might be the way your reading it is correct but this and many other statements in their membership rules seems vague.

Thanks for the insight....if you think of anything else post or let me know on Saturday.

I read it as there will be 20 weekends available for Private memberships and 10 for Junior memberships. These weekends will be available for both categories when the track is not being used by clubs and events and there will not be specific usage weekends for any one category. If your a member and the track is open that weekend you can run.

Did that cornfuse you??
    Thanks for the insight....if you think of anything else post or let me know on Saturday.
    Just ask plenty of questions when you go out there. Get the contract and study it carefully (I'd like to check it out) and don't sign anything until you nail down and confirm the details. Several things on their webpage would worry me about what they're actually offering to a "junior" membership.

Things like:
    1. How many guaranteed sessions per $100/day? (looks like 15 total sessions)
    2. Maximum number of cars/session?
    3. What is the pecking order* when it gets above the limit of cars/sessions?
    4. Confirm the junior schedule (fixed or is it open like you're thinking)
    5. Can a junior member bring a guest?
    6. Ask how many members have joined in each level. If its weighted towards the junior members might be interesting how this will effect scheduling.

* Like at the ranch if they get more than 25 cars on the grid they'll bump the lower rung members from the session. This has never happen in the 5 years I've been there but nearly happen once on the 1.3 (less cars allowed).

Can't think of anything else right now.

Quote Originally Posted by 2K Miata View Post
    But anything above ECR's junior membership, MSR is a much better deal in the long run. And all the cool people are at the ranch. hehe
    Dunno... One time payment... no monthly fees... daily track fees... I like the payment schedule much better for ECR...

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast