Thread: Cool AAA Plus Member benefit

Cool Cool AAA Plus Member benefit

I was looking over my benefits as a AAA member, and cam across something that might be useful to some of you led foots out there... Legal Fee Reimbursement up to $300 for defense of Reckless Driving and $160 for other Moving Violations. I would have hired a lawyer for me speeding and license plate tickets last year if I had known it was free!

Thumbs up

Great find, thanks!
    Thomas
    V-to-the-Dub

Man I could've used that info last April. Bet I won't forget it now! Thanks Titus.

Beware though...

Conditions
    • If the matter is resolved at a preliminary hearing or before a trial, AAA Texas will reimburse up to one-half the trial amount.
    • To be eligible for reimbursement, your lawyer must attend the preliminary hearing, trial, or appeal. Reimbursement will be provided only on a plea of NOT GUILTY.
    • When a member is charged with more than one motor vehicle law violation for the same incident, AAA will reimburse legal fees for defense of the most serious charge only.
    • Reimbursement of legal fees is limited to one violation per member per membership year.
    • You must be a AAA Texas Plus or Premier member at the time the offense occurs.
    • You must be driving a vehicle eligible for service under the Classic AAA membership at the time the offense occurs.
    • AAA does not practice law. You need to retain and pay your own lawyer. We will reimburse you, not your lawyer, for an eligible claim. The reimbursement amount will be the lesser of your actual attorney fees or the amount shown in the reimbursement schedule above.
    • To be eligible for reimbursement, a completed Legal Fee Reimbursement Request Form signed by the AAA member requesting reimbursement, a copy of the ticket or police report, and a bill or statement from your lawyer, on your lawyer’s letterhead, must be received by AAA Texas within 90 days after your case or appeal is decided.
    Exclusions - AAA does not reimburse for:
    • Defending members charged with driving with a suspended or revoked driver's license, without insurance, or when charged with a felony.
    • Defending members in personal injury suits.
    • Bringing suits or collecting claims for members.
    • Defending members in any situation involving intoxicating liquors, drugs or narcotics.
    • When charged for driving with an improperly registered or inspected vehicle.
    • Payment of fines or court costs.
    • Lawyer's assistance in completing accident reports.
    • Failure to appear for any court hearing.
    • Civil claims/suits.