Thread: A major milestone

Default A major milestone

A friend sent this message and the attached photos this morning. It's regarding the 1990 Cavalier he's been driving since high school. Said Cavalier has been involved in three accidents (one my friend's fault), been cut in half and put back together, had its governor verified as being 115 mph (indicated), been hailed on, and has earned itself a salvage title. He has driven it since it was new.

You are receiving this message because you have either been a driver or passenger in this car... and/or because when you see this I think you will laugh.

(See attached file: 200,000 004.jpg) (See attached file: 200,000 001.jpg) MJM

S.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Yes... but does his Cav-ahl-ee-ay have the rare "NT" option?
    Maybe 4 wheels aren't so bad after all... wickett.org
    It only goes to show when people can no longer discriminate on the grounds of race, religion, or sexual orientation, they can improvise and still find someone to hate. - Dave Moulton

I think that he was just wanting to bake a cake!
    Hmm what is decent? Are we talking about your decent or my decent? I'm just curious because I don't want to offend anyone else's decent...

He wasn't going 100mph when he hit 200k.....
    Smile
    93' LE #1136 - FM II
    250k miles

Indeed. Here's the follow-up email:

I drove it to work this week (today too) , and it has been my daily driver all winter.

She is struggling though... very weak motor and the clutch is about shot too. (When it becomes terminal... I am not going to buy any more parts to fix it.)

I was looking at my maintenance log for the car Wednedsay (because at 200,000k it got new oil, filter, lube and air filter) and that was the 29th time I had changed the oil in that car.

I'd be surprised if it made it 7500 more miles to the next oil change though.

I admire him for keeping it so long. But it's time to move on.

S.

The question is not how a Cavalier made it 200k miles... the question is why you would want to drive one that long.
    Iain

"We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing." - George Bernard Shaw

Team Cheap Bastard
    President & Founder

Quote Originally Posted by altiain View Post
    The question is not how a Cavalier made it 200k miles... the question is why you would want to drive one that long.
    I had an '86 Z24...biggest flaming ever. Left me stranded more times than any other vehicle I've ever owned. Couldn't wait to get rid of it.

Unhappy

Driving one of those should qualify as cruel and unusual punishment...

My Accent got T-Boned by a Cavalier on an overpass.

And yes I admit I owned a Hyundai Accent.
    '06 RSX Type-S NBP

Because you are so stingy you should have been a founding member of TCB.

Quote Originally Posted by Nexus Flux View Post
    And yes I admit I owned a Hyundai Accent.

S.