Thread: Team Cheap Bastard sway bar clamps

Default Team Cheap Bastard sway bar clamps

OK, these aren't quite as cheap as the "use your old rubber bushing and a hose clamp" solution, but pretty close, and much more refined. In addition, you '01+ guys without OEM rubber bushings to scavenge can take advantage of this solution as well.

Page 1033 of the McMaster-Carr catalog has a number of different two-piece clamp on collars. I ordered a pair of aluminum 1" bore collars for $4.71 each (part #6436K73 for you Team Lazy Bastard members ) for my FM front bar this afternoon.

They also have cheap aluminum collars that will work for either of the RB bars - part #6436K143 ($7.10 each) for the 1.125" RB bar, or part #6436K74 ($5.67 each) for the 1.25" RB bar.
    Iain

"We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing." - George Bernard Shaw

Default Re: Team Cheap Bastard sway bar clamps

Quote Originally Posted by altiain
    OK, these aren't quite as cheap as the "use your old rubber bushing and a hose clamp" solution, but pretty close, and much more refined. In addition, you '01+ guys without OEM rubber bushings to scavenge can take advantage of this solution as well.

Page 1033 of the McMaster-Carr catalog has a number of different two-piece clamp on collars. I ordered a pair of aluminum 1" bore collars for $4.71 each (part #6436K73 for you Team Lazy Bastard members ) for my FM front bar this afternoon.

They also have cheap aluminum collars that will work for either of the RB bars - part #6436K143 ($7.10 each) for the 1.125" RB bar, or part #6436K74 ($5.67 each) for the 1.25" RB bar.
    Yup, they work well. JRW and I have had them in place for months now. No issues with them yet. :)

MME Goodwill Ambassador onething's Avatar

No group buy to beat the cost of shipping
    Bidden or not bidden, God is present
    "Up until the moment of impact, I was still having fun." Bob J. Hall San Francisco Region

Now if only FM will get my sway bar off back order.... *sigh*
    --
    Dave
    "Opinions are like ..."