View Poll Results: Will you be attending the TDR@MSR 2007?

Voters
38. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, for sure.

25 65.79%
  • Maybe.

13 34.21%
Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Track Dog Racing Track Day at MSR - June 23rd

I am trying to fill out the registration, but I have a question. The $160 (before May 15) includes a T-shart & a dinner?
    All participants receive an event t-shirt, and dinner with door prizes after the event is complete.
    I think this may a typo?! It is too good to be true!
    Gabriel

Last edited by 2K Miata; 04-10-2007 at 07:23 PM.

Thanks Mike for getting this started. I have been out of town for a week and now back. This event like any event takes a lot of time to set up and make happen. We hired Apex Driving School to handle the driving portion of the event to give us more time to interact with our customers.

Our venders such as Moss Motors, Spec clutches, Racing Beat and Ultra Shield to name a few will have products to show. We hope to have a representative from some of these venders present.

Friday will be tech day and demo rides. We will have several TDR customer cars there as well as our cars for track rides.

This event is open to only Miatas.

Gary
    Danger!!! This Dog Bites.
    www.trackdogracing.com

Quote Originally Posted by smartmx5 View Post
    Thanks for the information. I am having a cage installed by Team MER (Shannon, Jason, Julianne at MSR). Rumor has it, they do great work and I have seen a couple of cages and they looked awesome. I received an email stating I would be able to pick up car in a couple of weeks. I then have to install the suspension, complete removal of AC ducting, install kill switch and then have the car balanced and aligned. I will have Team MER balance and align it. That is it so far.
    Anxiously awaiting for my car!

Alan
    Yah, Shannon is a great guy and does great work. He's been so kind as to practically give away take off parts from soon to be spec cars over the past few years! Speaking of, race cars don't need power mirrors so I'll trade ya if you have some!
    90 MX5 281k miles! - euro spec, Porsche Riviera Blue w/black hardtop, 97 motor swap, vintage Borbet rims, GC, FM shock hats/frame rails/rear sub-brace, AGX, sway bar, stb, Fidanza/ACT combo, EBC Yellows

92 COMMA SM - new paint coming soon...

Quote Originally Posted by icepenguin66 View Post
    Yah, Shannon is a great guy and does great work. He's been so kind as to practically give away take off parts from soon to be spec cars over the past few years! Speaking of, race cars don't need power mirrors so I'll trade ya if you have some!
    Penguin,
    Man, I wish I could help you. When I bought the car in '04, I specifically looked for a car with NO extra perks. No power windows, ABS, etc. I do have a Hard Dog Hard Core Double Diagonal Hard Top roll bar for sale, plus a plethora of other miata items I have removed from the car! I plan on bringing the bar to the TDR event @ MSR, unless it gets sold before!
    Alan
    Last edited by smartmx5; 03-14-2007 at 07:46 AM. Reason: left a phrase out

TrackDogRacing,
    I have signed my check and it is going into the mail Friday, 16. I do have a question. Your policy states that there are no refunds. What if the event does not come to fruition?
    Thanks,
    Alan

This definitely sounds awesome. Im gonna send payment in very soon!

Thanks for the heads-up on this, Alan.
    2002 Mazda Miata

East Texas Track Junkies

Can you have a Two driver car?
    Hmm what is decent? Are we talking about your decent or my decent? I'm just curious because I don't want to offend anyone else's decent...

[***
    Last edited by 2K Miata; 04-10-2007 at 07:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ataim View Post
    Can you have a Two driver car?
    Drop Gary an email with more information about the level of experience of the two drivers and type of car (stock, boosted, etc).

If two drivers share one car they both pay the full entry fee and both do 4 full sessions. You can not share 4 sessions on one entry fee. So the drivers have to be in different run groups. Please realize that running back to back sessions in one car will be hard on the car (ie eight sessions in one day that over two and a half hours of running your car at WOT) and IIRC your car has a turbo so that is kind of pushing the car to handle a lot of stress in one day.

We are not promoting people sharing cars but we'll consider it on a individual bases.

Classroom sessions and in-car instruction will be
    mandatory for novice drivers

Is this included with the $160 registration or is that an extra fee?
    Blah blah blah!

Quote Originally Posted by MiataMike View Post
    Classroom sessions and in-car instruction will be

mandatory for novice drivers

Is this included with the $160 registration or is that an extra fee?
    Included... It's the deal of the century!

Last edited by 2K Miata; 04-10-2007 at 07:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by 2K Miata View Post
    The only reason the event will be cancelled is if there are not enough people registered. So if that is the case then everyone will get their entry fees refunded in full.

Mike
    Mike,
    Thanks for clearing that up. I will be more than happy to run in the rain if it comes to that. Before I go wheel to wheel with other SCCA/NASA participants, I would love the practice and potential increase in skill.
    Alan

Quote Originally Posted by Flyin MX5 View Post
    This definitely sounds awesome. Im gonna send payment in very soon!

Thanks for the heads-up on this, Alan.

Jared,
    I expect to see you there. If Ritesh or Dennis do not go, I will take my two car hauler and you can put your Miata on board. Otherwise, I will take Dennis' trailer that weekend.

Alan

Am I qualified as a novice driver?
    09 Lexus RX350
    .... no Miata

Quote Originally Posted by MadMonkey View Post
    Am I qualified as a novice driver?
    If you have to ask then probably not.
    Blah blah blah!

What is the track configuration for the event? Granted it was pretty cold, I was not very impressed my first time around the new track. I think its hilarious that Keith and Jack both say it was the other's idea for the layout! As if neither one wants to take the blame! I cannot imagine going all out on the new track in something like a formula Mazda or Corvette challenge car!
    90 MX5 281k miles! - euro spec, Porsche Riviera Blue w/black hardtop, 97 motor swap, vintage Borbet rims, GC, FM shock hats/frame rails/rear sub-brace, AGX, sway bar, stb, Fidanza/ACT combo, EBC Yellows

92 COMMA SM - new paint coming soon...

Quote Originally Posted by 2K Miata View Post
    Drop Gary an email with more information about the level of experience of the two drivers and type of car (stock, boosted, etc).

IIRC your car has a turbo so that is kind of pushing the car to handle a lot of stress in one day.

I would be driving "white" that WILL be boosted in the next few weeks.

Stress points out your weekness. That way you can make it stronger!
    Hmm what is decent? Are we talking about your decent or my decent? I'm just curious because I don't want to offend anyone else's decent...

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast