View Poll Results: Will you be attending the TDR@MSR 2007?

Voters
38. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, for sure.

25 65.79%
  • Maybe.

13 34.21%
Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Track Dog Racing Track Day at MSR - June 23rd

Quote Originally Posted by redmenace View Post
    Plus this one's on a Saturday, so most people won't have to take off work.
    That must be why I don't recall ever considering that last one.

Quote Originally Posted by redmenace View Post
    I really have looked into both, and as I recall owners/club members get priority -- which, on events that fill fast, locks out nonowners/nonmembers. But technically, yes, one can attend without owning.
    Club members not owners do have priority, but you definitely don't have to have a BMW to be a BMWCCA member.
    Thomas
    V-to-the-Dub

Quote Originally Posted by scmx5driver View Post
    Than what's the problem? You'll get as much seat time in this one event than you would in 3 years of autocross.
    I'm not planning on going, but I was trying to point out some facts that I know that might be deterring others.

I don't want to pollute this discussion with an arguement about track events vs. autocross. They're two totally different animals and you can't compare seat time between the two.
    Thomas
    V-to-the-Dub

I can think of a few locals from the defunct outlaw list that may be interested. Not everyone jumped over to this forum. Still not sure why it hasn't officially been posted there.

I'm trying to get my car a clean bill of health before I commit.

$160 is a great price.

Maybe part of it is the Father's day weekend aspect.
    Smile
    93' LE #1136 - FM II
    250k miles

Quote Originally Posted by Miatamoto View Post
    I don't want to pollute this discussion with an arguement about track events vs. autocross. They're two totally different animals and you can't compare seat time between the two.
    I was going to comment on that as well, but miatamoto summed it up with more tact than I would have.
    Iain

"We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing." - George Bernard Shaw

Quote Originally Posted by altiain View Post
    I was going to comment on that as well, but miatamoto summed it up with more tact than I would have.
    Trust me, I had to hold back a lot.
    Thomas
    V-to-the-Dub

Quote Originally Posted by Miatamoto View Post
    I'm not planning on going, but I was trying to point out some facts that I know that might be deterring others.

I'm not trying to argue about what's better AX or a track day. (That conjures up images of the 38th parallel)

Look, people where making the comments and complaining about price per how many sessions or how many days, ie money per amount of time.
    That was followed by how expensive Autocross was.

I was just trying to point out the value of the event.

The skills you pick-up at the event are going to help you wether you're just driving on the track, going wheel to wheel, or autocrossing.

Hell, I'm a member of MSR and I still wouldn't miss this event for the world.
    I can't wait.
    Skirt

Silver '99, MP62, TDR Intercooler, Tein Flex, Borla Duals, HDHCDD, Oh and chicks dig the kilt!

Quote Originally Posted by Sharpie View Post
    I can think of a few locals from the defunct outlaw list that may be interested. Not everyone jumped over to this forum. Still not sure why it hasn't officially been posted there.
    Outlaw Group is not defuct, most of us still check it.
    That was proven when Mike wanted to shut it down.....Hmmm, about the same time this track event popped up.

I was surprised that the Outlaws were not included, since they supported TDR since day one.
    Word of mouth is the best advertising there is, but you can't buy it.

Quote Originally Posted by 2K Miata View Post
    Maybe a focus day on the 1.3 for around 100 bucks (no t-shirt/dinner) would be a better alternative for all the CB's around here? We don't need but about 25-30 people to do one of those.
    A lot of posts since I asked but I don't think my question was answered. Based on this comment I assume the event is planned on the original course?
    90 MX5 281k miles! - euro spec, Porsche Riviera Blue w/black hardtop, 97 motor swap, vintage Borbet rims, GC, FM shock hats/frame rails/rear sub-brace, AGX, sway bar, stb, Fidanza/ACT combo, EBC Yellows

92 COMMA SM - new paint coming soon...

Quote Originally Posted by icepenguin66 View Post
    A lot of posts since I asked but I don't think my question was answered. Based on this comment I assume the event is planned on the original course?
    If you click on the link for the information packet in the first post of the thread, you will see that they provide a map of the 1.7, and give a Hot Lap write-up of a counter-clockwise trip around the 1.7. I saw no mention of the 1.3 track. I am going to go out on a limb and say it will be the standard counter-clockwise 1.7 configuration.

Quote Originally Posted by Titus View Post
    If you click on the link for the information packet in the first post of the thread, you will see that they provide a map of the 1.7, and give a Hot Lap write-up of a counter-clockwise trip around the 1.7. I saw no mention of the 1.3 track. I am going to go out on a limb and say it will be the standard counter-clockwise 1.7 configuration.
    Ah, I figured that was just the waivers etc.

Personally, MSR is not as fun as Hallett and the costs and Jack wanting to make it such an exlusive country club, I'm just turned off from MSR. Hopefully with Eagle's Canyon and Racer's Ranch at least one local track will try to come within reason of a great deal like Hallett's $35 a year membership and $100 for the day!

If I have the extra money I would love to go, but I doubt it. I'm buying a new top, gotta pay taxes, need new hockey skates, etc.
    90 MX5 281k miles! - euro spec, Porsche Riviera Blue w/black hardtop, 97 motor swap, vintage Borbet rims, GC, FM shock hats/frame rails/rear sub-brace, AGX, sway bar, stb, Fidanza/ACT combo, EBC Yellows

92 COMMA SM - new paint coming soon...

Quote Originally Posted by icepenguin66 View Post
    Hopefully with Eagle's Canyon and Racer's Ranch at least one local track will try to come within reason of a great deal like Hallett's $35 a year membership and $100 for the day!
    I'm just waitin' on them (ECR) to cash my check! You're more than welcome to come out with me for the guest fee: $150

You'll LOVE that track. It's amazing - almost constant elevation changes.
    Daily Driver: 2013 Club edition in Pearl White Mica

Lightness? What's that? I drive a PRHT!

Last edited by 2K Miata; 04-10-2007 at 07:18 PM.

[***
    Last edited by 2K Miata; 04-10-2007 at 07:18 PM.

Get your facts straight Sharpie before you me!

I posted it on March 7th at 12:35pm (go back and check me if you don't believe it)
    > Message#: 46415
    >From the Outlaws egroup:
    >"Re: MSR on 6/23?!?
    >Yes the date of June 23rd has been secured for a TDR client tack event..."
    Mike, I do remember seeing that. I think it was forgotten because nobody replied after that message.
    '02 Berlina S2k
    J's 60RS, K&N FIPK, AUT CF cooling panel,
    JDM sidemarkers, S badges, BYS emblems,
    Mugen TP, 11.7:1 CR, Comptech Header,
    Hello Kitty Mugen badge

Get your facts straight Sharpie before you me!

I posted it on March 7th at 12:35pm (go back and check me if you don't believe it)
    > Message#: 46415
    >From the Outlaws egroup:
    >"Re: MSR on 6/23?!?
    >Yes the date of June 23rd has been secured for a TDR client tack event..."
    you????

I really want to attend this event and was just thinking of another resource? PM to you.
    Smile
    93' LE #1136 - FM II
    250k miles

Wink

I sure hope the event comes to fruition. I will be picking up my car from TEAM MER on Sunday. The cage is complete, dash in and I will need to replace suspension, hard top brackets, studs, seats and exhaust. Oh, and that pesky restrictor plate. My reason for telling you this, is I am excited that I will be on the track with other miatas. I get tired of getting run down by GT3s and Z06's. Not that I will not get run down by my fellow miata brethren/sisters, I just really, really, really, really, did I mention really, want to be on the track with like cars. Let's get this event trending for success!!!! I would also like to meet a few of the DFW and any area miata drivers. Living in Tyler, it can be difficult. Especially since I now have spec'ed the car. Plus, I have already paid! I remember back in college as a fraternity punk (ZBT - no I am not Jewish), that I paid a hell of a lot more for cotton and a meal. Tell everyone you can. Hope the event is a success.
    Alan

interesting. I have some friends here in town that might be interested. I am as well.

My money is in the mail!

I have some friends here in town that might be interested. I am as well.
    Please sign up now before Gary has to scrub the event!
    Gabriel

I'll stop by this weekend and bring Gary a check.
    ...and across the line.

1996 Mazda Miata - R-Package (Eve-L)
    2012 Mazda CX-9 - Grand Touring (Dory)

Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast