Thread: Sebring finish

Default Sebring finish

I am guessing some of you saw this, but for those that didnt some awesome racing. http://youtube.com/watch?v=OL2HF-sFLnc

Ofcourse this is a spoiler, but if you havent seen the race by now, I doubt you care.

wow

I'm speechless. That was great.
    1994 R-package - gone, but not forgotten.
    1966 Toyota Land Cruiser FJ40. Restification in progress. or should I say De-RUSTification in progress?
    1984 Honda VF1100S. V4 Fury!

That's what motorsports are all about. Awesome
    '06 RSX Type-S NBP

Excellent!
    ...and across the line.

1996 Mazda Miata - R-Package (Eve-L)
    2012 Mazda CX-9 - Grand Touring (Dory)

Awesome!

Did they protest it?
    Thomas
    V-to-the-Dub

Protest was filed, IMSA officials denied it saying that it was simply good close racing.

DAMN. I left with like 5 min left cause my wife wanted to go somewhere!!!
    Last edited by ray_sir_6; 03-24-2007 at 10:22 AM.
    Wealth, power, and experience are apparently not enough to save us from social influences. Groupthink, as described by I.L.Janis, is the tendency for group members to reach a consensus opinion, even if that decision is downright stupid (Janis 1982).

Quote Originally Posted by Majik View Post
    I am guessing some of you saw this, but for those that didnt some awesome racing. http://youtube.com/watch?v=OL2HF-sFLnc

Ofcourse this is a spoiler, but if you havent seen the race by now, I doubt you care.
    And THAT is why THAT ferrari is on my desktop.
    Maybe 4 wheels aren't so bad after all... wickett.org
    It only goes to show when people can no longer discriminate on the grounds of race, religion, or sexual orientation, they can improvise and still find someone to hate. - Dave Moulton

MME Goodwill Ambassador onething's Avatar

Yeah - good finish, but Smoke would have crashed him on pit lane after the last lap
    Bidden or not bidden, God is present
    "Up until the moment of impact, I was still having fun." Bob J. Hall San Francisco Region

Quote Originally Posted by wrxmr2eater View Post
    Protest was filed, IMSA officials denied it saying that it was simply good close racing.
    like the announcer said, we would of done the same thing if we were in their shoes.

I don't really see the controversy, thats just racing.
    Blah blah blah!

Banned

I know it's off subject, but did anyone see the LED numbers of some of the GT cars (mainly the Vettes)? They glowed blue in the night. Gotta get me some those.

Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    I know it's off subject, but did anyone see the LED numbers of some of the GT cars (mainly the Vettes)? They glowed blue in the night. Gotta get me some those.
    I am pretty sure the different classes glow different colors. That way if you wake up in the middle of the night at lemans you can tell what class of car is flying by. Also the three lights behind the number indicate the position of the car in the class. Top light is 1st place, 2 lights second, 3 third, and none 4th or worse.

Banned

Yes, knew about the marker lights. But never have noticed the LED numbers. And why didn't all the cars have them? Only a few, Porsches and Vettes were the only ones I saw. None of the DP cars had them to my knowledge. If it is a transition to ruling, they are still way cool. I think it's great for us who watch and can't see anything but headlights.

Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    Yes, knew about the marker lights. But never have noticed the LED numbers. And why didn't all the cars have them? Only a few, Porsches and Vettes were the only ones I saw. None of the DP cars had them to my knowledge. If it is a transition to ruling, they are still way cool. I think it's great for us who watch and can't see anything but headlights.
    Yeah they do look cool. I remember seeing the cars sitting still in the tech area last year at the Houston race. Those are hooked up straight to the headlights so the whole car goes dark when they turned it off. Sort of a cool effect.