Thread: Anyone got a Boss Frog MAXX Double Hoop roll bar?

Default Anyone got a Boss Frog MAXX Double Hoop roll bar?

I'm thinking about installing one of these in my '03 Shinsen Version, but I'd really like to see one that's already been installed first... Anybody got one I cold look at?

Also, some folks are trying to persuade me to go with Hard Dog instead. What's the prevailing wisdom here...?

Thanks.

I'm bumpin' this. Does anybody on the forum have a boss frog bar?

Quote Originally Posted by johnwag View Post
    I'm bumpin' this. Does anybody on the forum have a boss frog bar?
    I don't believe anyone does... and if they do, they sure as hell don't post all that often.

I'll try a search...

I like the looks of the Hard Dog much better, but that's not much to go on. My opinion is barely worth around here
    09 Lexus RX350
    .... no Miata

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by MadMonkey View Post
    I like the looks of the Hard Dog much better, but that's not much to go on. My opinion is barely worth around here
    Don't you have a date you should be on?

Quote Originally Posted by Treibenschnell View Post
    Don't you have a date you should be on?
    Actually I need to get dressed for work in a few minutes... next date is Monday

Nice car by the way... perty.
    09 Lexus RX350
    .... no Miata

I like the looks of the Duece better. Too me the frog looks too bulky. It does look good in the pic of jiminy's car though.
    Smile
    93' LE #1136 - FM II
    250k miles

never really seen my boss as a frog, she's more like a female dog though...
    10/30/06 - 93' black primered MX5 1.6L
    Wiseco Pistons 9:1, Carrillo Rods, ARP head and main bolts, FM valves +1mm and stiffer springs, new lifters, main bearings, cometic head gasket, port and polish head, ready for boost....

As soon as I save the money to blow, I want to get the Boss Frog! The one I saw on a car at Hallett looked pretty nice in person.

I like the double hoop style but I don't remember the HD deuce having the same protection or passing for SCCA etc like the Boss Frog or the Hardcore bars. That would be why I would go with the Boss Frog double.
    90 MX5 281k miles! - euro spec, Porsche Riviera Blue w/black hardtop, 97 motor swap, vintage Borbet rims, GC, FM shock hats/frame rails/rear sub-brace, AGX, sway bar, stb, Fidanza/ACT combo, EBC Yellows

92 COMMA SM - new paint coming soon...

I HAVE ONE

well not the MAXXXX

I've owned 2 BFDH bars.

I love em, and wouldn't go to anyone else for my rollbar needs.

need pics? goto my homepage, there's pics of it installed in a Black 2001
    MORE PICS NEEDED?? goto the top left where it says my member id, then you can goto my red 99 (the supermiata) and see the install pics of it.

I've been a huge supporter of this bar since its creation. I was actually #3 installed. (The owner "Ric J.", and a guy at team miata beat me.)

I hate the Duece, looks too "style-bar-ish" the BF looks very substantial, and it is a stought piece of work!