Thread: Feeler: Hawk HPS pads for 1.8

Default Feeler: Hawk HPS pads for 1.8

I'm thinking about going back to HP plus pads and I was wondering if anybody would be interested in an almost new set of HPS pads.

They have been run for 2 events and about 150 street miles. Neither event was over 60 mph and the pads were properly bedded in per the Hawk instructions on the box.

The new price was $56 for the front pair and 48 for the rear pair from Track Dog Racing. These would make great aggressive street pads and some people really like them for autocross, but I miss the bite of the HP+ pads (which some people think they are too grabby).

I'm open to offers.
    Thomas
    V-to-the-Dub

Quote Originally Posted by Miatamoto View Post
    but I miss the bite of the HP+ pads (which some people think they are too grabby).
    Not for me! I actually left some Hawk Black race pads on after a track day and ended up keeping them on the rest of the year!

How is the noise on the HPS? The HP+ I had were extra noisy and I cooked them at Hallett. I know my set was worse than normal but I can't have a noisy pad for daily driving, Miata brakes are good enough for city cruising to go with out the noise of race pads!

I may be interested, atm I'm just using the good ol'vatzone lifetime pads for the street. I do miss the bite of high performance pads. Not sure what you think a good price is...
    90 MX5 281k miles! - euro spec, Porsche Riviera Blue w/black hardtop, 97 motor swap, vintage Borbet rims, GC, FM shock hats/frame rails/rear sub-brace, AGX, sway bar, stb, Fidanza/ACT combo, EBC Yellows

92 COMMA SM - new paint coming soon...

Approximately how many seconds of brake pressure do you think have been applied to these pads while in your care? I need to really understand how used they are.

Quote Originally Posted by icepenguin66 View Post
    Not for me! I actually left some Hawk Black race pads on after a track day and ended up keeping them on the rest of the year!

How is the noise on the HPS? The HP+ I had were extra noisy and I cooked them at Hallett. I know my set was worse than normal but I can't have a noisy pad for daily driving, Miata brakes are good enough for city cruising to go with out the noise of race pads!

I may be interested, atm I'm just using the good ol'vatzone lifetime pads for the street. I do miss the bite of high performance pads. Not sure what you think a good price is...
    The HPS have been virturally dust free compared to the HP+ and they don't squeal a bit. I think they would make a great street pad if you've got dedicated track pads.

I was thinking the lowest I could go, would be $85. That's around 25% off and they've been used for about 1% of their lifetime.
    Thomas
    V-to-the-Dub

Quote Originally Posted by jrj512 View Post
    Approximately how many seconds of brake pressure do you think have been applied to these pads while in your care? I need to really understand how used they are.

1.45 secs/application x 8 applications/run x 2 autocross events + 150 street miles = jrj512 is a

Thomas
    V-to-the-Dub

Will they fit a 2000? If they will, I might take them
    "Racing makes heroin addiction look like a vague longing for something salty" - Peter Egan

Quote Originally Posted by blackzx3_13 View Post
    Will they fit a 2000? If they will, I might take them
    They should fit all 1.8s except 2001+ big brake cars.
    Thomas
    V-to-the-Dub

Either of you still interested?
    Thomas
    V-to-the-Dub

Yeah, I'll take them
    "Racing makes heroin addiction look like a vague longing for something salty" - Peter Egan

Quote Originally Posted by blackzx3_13 View Post
    Yeah, I'll take them
    Cool, let me know if you want to ship them or meet up sometime. I should order some new pads one way or the other by the end of the day. The Miata just has to get to the inspection station and back, so no more wear on the pads than that.
    Thomas
    V-to-the-Dub