Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Texas Region SCCA Event #3 TMS Bus Lot 5/06/07

Orange cones fear me. cone-cerned's Avatar

And lost216 won ES.
    On the track, I am fearless.
    If you were as slow as me, you wouldn't be afraid either.

1994 M Edition
    CSP 67

Orange cones fear me. cone-cerned's Avatar

I liked the course, so I guess I'm also one of those few. The entire event seemed to go well.

I walked the course twice in the morning, then drove 4 runs in the second heat. While watching runs in the third heat I finally realized that "The Safety God" had changed the final slalom between the times I walked and drove. I hadn't notice during my runs. Duh!
    On the track, I am fearless.
    If you were as slow as me, you wouldn't be afraid either.

1994 M Edition
    CSP 67

I got to meet several DFWMiateers in the lot after their session and before they had to work the 3rd (I was in the white NC). Nice to meet y'all!

Quote Originally Posted by rpmchris View Post
    I got to meet several DFWMiateers in the lot after their session and before they had to work the 3rd (I was in the white NC). Nice to meet y'all!
    That was a nice looking car. Keep an eye out for a future AX. We would all be excited to see a prepped NC run.

Team Cheap Bastard
    President & Founder

Quote Originally Posted by jrj512 View Post
    That was a nice looking car. Keep an eye out for a future AX. We would all be excited to see a prepped NC run.
    +1

Quote Originally Posted by rpmchris View Post
    Hey Chris,

I think I followed you home on 114 for a little while (dark green RX-8 with a single exhaust). You've got a nice looking NC! Bring it out to play next time!
    Iain

"We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing." - George Bernard Shaw

Banned

I thought the course to be lacking in how it flowed, but again I'm not a designer, just a user. Kudos to all who helped us get out before the rain. I am still working on the proper set up for TMS. Ran 53's all day and could not get anything else out of it. I did pull of a 52 with two cones, so sloppy.

1 clean run out of 4. Yay! (Dee de Dee)

Nice day, had fun, see you mugs next month!

SA

Banned

Congrats to Jerrett, Sam, Hal, and Darron for being in the trophy spots for Tire class points standings. You guys are having a great battle this season. Still too early to see if there's gonna be a blow-out. My guess is, it will be close to the final runnings. Keep it up guys.

Nope, it wasn't me. I sucked yesterday. Think I heard the Old Bull say I was 9th and there were only 12 cars in Tire class not 25

Quote Originally Posted by Darron65 View Post
    Nope, it wasn't me. I sucked yesterday. Think I heard the Old Bull say I was 9th and there were only 12 cars in Tire class not 25
    Do you usually do well in the bus lot or is this par? I ask because I had a real hard time with the bus lot my first few races, but then I kind of figured it out by going slower. Same with La Grave Field -- I just watched car after car plow around turns while I was working on the course, so I just drove slower than I would have normally and went home with my first trophy.

The bus lot actually has a suprising amount of grip. I only managed to capture two runs yesterday on the datalogger before my SD card took a dump, but I saw transitional peaks of 1.35 Gs and steady-state peaks of 1.20+ Gs on the runs I did capture.
    Iain

"We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing." - George Bernard Shaw

Quote Originally Posted by altiain View Post
    The bus lot actually has a suprising amount of grip. I only managed to capture two runs yesterday on the datalogger before my SD card took a dump, but I saw transitional peaks of 1.35 Gs and steady-state peaks of 1.20+ Gs on the runs I did capture.
    The Vorshlag guys found the same data last year. They were pulling just as many or more Gs at the bus lot than out at Mineral Wells.
    Thomas
    V-to-the-Dub

Quote Originally Posted by Miatamoto View Post
    The Vorshlag guys found the same data last year. They were pulling just as many or more Gs at the bus lot than out at Mineral Wells.
    I am not an expert on data logging at all but after using a G-analyst I have some thoughts on peak G's. I think a peak G number that is not a duration of 1 second is not telling you much except that you were sliding the car and then it regained traction. So to say that the bus lot and MW have the same grip is misleading. 1.3G's is a high number to maintain on a stock car even with r-tires for a duration longer than a second on an autocross course.

If you set up a skid pad and had the same conditions I think MW would edge out the bus lot on a skid pad. But I don't have the data to back that up. Just an opinion.

New Hoosier racing slicks on BMod car at MW it was hard to maintain 1.2G on skid pad. You would get peaks when you let off the gas to close the arc.

Reading data from an autocross course is not an easy thing to do because things are changing directions so much.

It makes more since to compare two drivers data. The big numbers don't mean much most of the time. North American Pylon had a great series of reports about G-cube and GEEZ software on how to look at the data.
    North American Pylon

After recording video between two drivers I learned there is not much difference between two drivers. The difference is *** ***.
    That little bit of info cost me some money so I am not giving that "go faster tip out". Us old guys have to have a few tricks to keep up with you young guys. Lets just say it does not take much to loose a 10th of a second.

Don't wanna share, eh? Okay, no more data for you to look at.

I realize peak numbers mean little, but they're fun to brag about. Comparing steady-state values through sweepers and 180 degree turns gives us a good indication of relative surface grip, though.

As for how just how little a mistake can be and still have a big impact on time, I agree. If I've learned one thing from playing with datalogging, it is how crucial every little part of the run is.
    Iain

Quote Originally Posted by general default View Post
    After recording video between two drivers I learned there is not much difference between two drivers. The difference is *** ***.
    That little bit of info cost me some money so I am not giving that "go faster tip out". Us old guys have to have a few tricks to keep up with you young guys. Lets just say it does not take much to loose a 10th of a second.
    Lets see...
    The Difference is More Cowbell. (We always need more cowbell.)
    or
    The Difference is Bigger Nuts. (He who brakes first isn't going fast enough.)
    or
    The Difference is No Fear. (What do you mean I wasn't suppose to be able to take the slalom flat out.)

Losing a 10th of a second is easy.

Getting a 10th of a second faster is hard. But that is why we do it.
    SpinOutF500

'07 FM F500

So being new to this area how long does it take to post the results online?
    I looked here http://autocross.com/texasregion/ Is that the wrong place?

GF got paged from work and we had to split as soon as runs in 3 were done.

Great fun though

Steve E

It all depends. If the auditor gets after it and the results are in pretty good shape they can be sent to General Default for posting that night. And usually posted the next day.

If the auditor can't get to it because of other demands for their time or if there are issues with the results that need to be figured out and corrected, then it could take longer.

The past year or so they have generally been posted within a few days, with a few occasions taking closer to a week. BTW, a proper audit of the results using the scribe and penalty sheets generated in the trailer will usually take 2 to 3 hours to do.

And yes that is where to go for the results.
    SpinOutF500

'07 FM F500

No offense to Greg, but what a crappy course. This course ranks right up there with the 2006 Walnut Ridge Pro-Solo. Except in that event you were actually able to use the gas more than once.
    C5 Base Daily Driven Beater
    Borrowed 1M
    (2017 B-Street Pro Solo Champion)

Jeremy Foley

Quote Originally Posted by ratt_finkel View Post
    No offense to Greg, but what a crappy course. This course ranks right up there with the 2006 Walnut Ridge Pro-Solo. Except in that event you were actually able to use the gas more than once.
    Didn't do so well, eh?
    Maybe 4 wheels aren't so bad after all... wickett.org
    It only goes to show when people can no longer discriminate on the grounds of race, religion, or sexual orientation, they can improvise and still find someone to hate. - Dave Moulton

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast