Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: SCCA National Tour - Walnut Ridge, AR Apr 28/29

Default SCCA National Tour - Walnut Ridge, AR Apr 28/29

Walnut Ridge is just around the corner, so who all is planning to attend??

Link to official SCCA info site for the Walnut Ridge National Tour

I'm about 70% sure I can make it, hope to increase my odds as the week moves on!

Jeremy and I are already signed up, and so is Jon. Come on out and join us!
    Iain

"We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing." - George Bernard Shaw

Banned

I am not national material, nor is my car.

Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    I am not national material, nor is my car.
    It's not even about that. It's about the expierence. The best times I've had at autocrossing have been at national events.
    C5 Base Daily Driven Beater
    Borrowed 1M
    (2017 B-Street Pro Solo Champion)

Jeremy Foley

Quote Originally Posted by ratt_finkel View Post
    It's not even about that. It's about the expierence. The best times I've had at autocrossing have been at national events.
    +1.

The best part of a National event is the experience. The camaraderie, the courses, the competition, the drinking, the debauchery, etc., etc.

Seriously - the best events I've attended have always been National events. The first one I went to, I was driving an automatic Honda Prelude on street tires in DSP. Talk about being uncompetitive. I still had a blast.
    Iain

"We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing." - George Bernard Shaw

MME Goodwill Ambassador onething's Avatar

In my experience, you go to a national event to have your hat handed to you by the top competitors instead of some local schmuck

unless you have a formerly nationally competitive car and win.
    Bidden or not bidden, God is present
    "Up until the moment of impact, I was still having fun." Bob J. Hall San Francisco Region

Banned

I should rephrase, I am not economically viable for national events.

Banned

Sorry onething, didn't know you thought I such a schmuck!

MME Goodwill Ambassador onething's Avatar

Sorry onething, didn't know you thought I such a schmuck!
    What was your name again?
    Bidden or not bidden, God is present
    "Up until the moment of impact, I was still having fun." Bob J. Hall San Francisco Region

Banned

Well Hal, I've been to every SCCA event since last year (except one where I was thrashing to get a blown head together in time) and 5 or so of the ER events. I placed 2nd in Novice class for both clubs. I have a heavy PAX. But raw times are what really matter to me. My name is usually spoken when I am staging and at the trophies.

Well Hal, I've been to every SCCA event since last year (except one where I was thrashing to get a blown head together in time) and 5 or so of the ER events. I placed 2nd in Novice class for both clubs. I have a heavy PAX. But raw times are what really matter to me. My name is usually spoken when I am staging and at the trophies.
    Quote Originally Posted by onething View Post
    What was your name again?
    +1
    Iain

Talking

Your registration for 2007 Walnut Ridge National Tour is confirmed

Quote Originally Posted by POS Racing View Post
    Woohoo! Glad to hear you're going. Are you going to head out on Friday or Thursday?
    Iain

Quote Originally Posted by altiain View Post
    Woohoo! Glad to hear you're going. Are you going to head out on Friday or Thursday?
    I'm thinking Thursday at this point. What about you kids?

I'm thinking Thursday at this point. What about you kids?
    I'm planning on leaving very early Friday morning. Leave about 5am, get there in time for some practice runs. I took Friday off, but after being out of town all this week, it'll be hard for me to get out of the office early enoug on Thursday to make the drive.
    Iain

From the SCCA.org website, below for your reading enjoyment.

Pretty interesting. 2 events in one weekend.

I believe I will be doing the Pro on Sunday, since I will be there anyways. And it looks like at no additional cost.

Gary

TOPEKA, Kan. (April 20, 2007) -- Despite the strong interest and high entry levels at Tire Rack® SCCA National Solo events in virtually every part of the country, the central United States remains a challenge for schedule expansion. Low pre-event entries at the Arkansas and Texas ProSolos have prompted SCCA to reschedule one event and cancel the other altogether.

The Tire Rack SCCA ProSolo scheduled for Walnut Ridge, Ark. on May 5-6, which was to be the inaugural event using the new single course format, is being merged with the April 29-30 Walnut Ridge National Tour. This Tour will have all the heats merged into one day, with drivers taking their traditional six runs over two courses on Saturday. Drivers then will have the opportunity on Sunday to try the new single course format ProSolo event. Although drivers will be able to enter both events for the cost of only the Tour, there will be two separate events with all the respective trophies and contingency awards.

The May 26-27 Tire Rack SCCA ProSolo scheduled for Mineral Wells, Texas has been cancelled. Because of this, the Memorial Day weekend is being considered for a National Tour event in another part of the country. Those already entered in the Texas ProSolo may request a refund or have their entry transferred to another National Solo event.

“The improved event efficiencies that our National Solo Field Staff have been able to implement allows us the ability to do this unique two-for-one weekend that will give exceptional value to the SCCA entrants,” SCCA VP of Rally and Solo Howard Duncan said. “The 2007 Tire Rack SCCA National Solo season, particularly the ProSolo program, was designed to be a year of testing new ideas and this is definitely a new concept in events that the entrants should find highly entertaining and rewarding.”

The entrants of all three events (Walnut Ridge Tour, Walnut Ridge ProSolo, Mineral Wells ProSolo) will be sent an e-mail describing the administrative details of this schedule change.
    SpinOutF500

'07 FM F500

Okay, that's ed up. Two events for the price of one ain't such a bad deal, but I have no interest in trying to compress two events that are traditionally 2.5 days each into just two days. I signed up for a two-day National Tour, not a one-day Tour and some half-assed single course format ProSolo tacked onto the end of it. I wonder which braniac in Topeka came up with this idea?

Maybe it's just time for ProSolo to die an ungraceful death and be done with it? I can honestly say that once you get past the novelty of the drag start and the Christmas tree, there really isn't anything in the ProSolo format that appeals to me. I had intended to do the Dallas Pro, but only because it's local. I will probably stick around for the WR Pro, but only because I'll already be there and I have the hotel room booked.
    Iain

Quote Originally Posted by SpinOutF500 View Post
    This Tour will have all the heats merged into one day, with drivers taking their traditional six runs over two courses on Saturday.
    Has this ever been done before on a tour?? Sure sounds like a lot of work for the Arkansas SCCA Kids... Wonder if they just found out also.

Question

I found a couple of Mazda decals for the rears and Mazdaspeed decal for the hood.

What else do I need to have on the car?? The SCCA Sticker on the nose, and I recall a couple of other required items, I just don't recall what they were. What does Kumho Require??

Talking

I found a couple of Mazda decals for the rears and Mazdaspeed decal for the hood.

What else do I need to have on the car?? The SCCA Sticker on the nose, and I recall a couple of other required items, I just don't recall what they were. What does Kumho Require??
    Hey look what I found!
    4. Tech will check for compliance with 3.7 Vehicle Identification. (All required decals will be made available at Registration).
    Two SCCA Solo decals, one on each side of the car; one SCCA decal on the hood or front bumper, two Tire Rack SCCA National Solo Road to Topeka decals, one on each side of the car; and the title sponsor decal (tirerack.com). This is a window tint decal to be placed at the top of the windshield. Vehicles without windshields or with plastic windshields may place the decal on the front of the car.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast