Thread: fwmiata: my stereo install pics you asked for

Default fwmiata: my stereo install pics you asked for

Here are some pics of my stereo install. If you need more holler, and I'll break out the digital camera. I took these quite a while back. I'm running a JVC head unit now that has a 3 mm input jack on the front so I can plug in my iPod. I may go Kenwood next and get Sirius satellite stereo. I could do Pioneer too and go XM. I don't like the stations out this way very much.

I have 4 6.5" speakers in the car too. Two are in the factory door locations, and two are in the parcel deck under the carpet. I will never waste time with headrest speakers again. I blew them up with just the head unit (old Alpine).

http://f1.pg.briefcase.yahoo.com/bc/...uments&.view=l

Click on that link and then each of the pictures.
    AnthonyS
    former owner of 4 NA Miatas
    94 Laguna Blue awaiting Ford 5.0 transplant
    Also have a 91 ZR-1 and 00 996 (911).

oh ok, i see, teh sub just chills back there, hows it sound?
    03 LS FM2ish TDR I/C
    99 Disco, the go anywhere ride

Quote Originally Posted by fwMiata
    oh ok, i see, teh sub just chills back there, hows it sound?
    I really dig the sound. Before with just the 4 6.5s there was little to no bass. The Miata is a very windy car with the top down, and my old Azenis tires howled like stuck pigs. I could hear and feel the bass with ease. It's a single 10" Fosgate. The parcel area is really free flowing. Once you run wiring through it you realize there is plenty of space for the sound to come through.

If you are ever near Granbury, holler and I'll give it a sound test for you. Bring your fave CD.

I do want to put about 40 lbs of dynomat on the doors the parcel shelf and floor. I have enough sound to get some rattles on the right notes, which I really hate.

Of course, more weight means I really need to add a turbo or supercharger for more power too.......
    AnthonyS
    former owner of 4 NA Miatas
    94 Laguna Blue awaiting Ford 5.0 transplant
    Also have a 91 ZR-1 and 00 996 (911).