Thread: '94 1.8 CAS needed

Default '94 1.8 CAS needed

I was having intermittent driveability problems for a while, but now my car simply won't start at all. I was wondering if anybody might have an extra CAS and/or coil laying around. I am looking for working (spare) test parts for loan, but if I find a solution, I will happily buy parts from anyone trying to sell them. If anyone has these parts, but isn't trying to sell them, I would greatly appreciate loaner parts that will be returned within 24 hours.
    1994 R-package - gone, but not forgotten.
    1966 Toyota Land Cruiser FJ40. Restification in progress. or should I say De-RUSTification in progress?
    1984 Honda VF1100S. V4 Fury!

bump.....It is raining, and this is my only car (worth driving). The bike hates water. If anybody has a cas that I can just try, I'd appreciate it. Town North wants over $500 for one. Helluva price for a crapshoot. Pretty please?
    1966 Toyota Land Cruiser FJ40. Restification in progress. or should I say De-RUSTification in progress?

Did you check with that Town North mechanic that parts out Miatas? Maybe Merv or Rogue? Heck, email Keith at Flyin' Miata and see what they have.

I kind of need mine so I can't help you out.
    ...and across the line.

1996 Mazda Miata - R-Package (Eve-L)
    2012 Mazda CX-9 - Grand Touring (Dory)

Looking at the listings for cam angle sensors on FM's salvage site, the 1.6 and 1.8 CAS are the same. They have 3 of them in stock... $100 each.

Quote Originally Posted by Titus View Post
    Looking at the listings for cam angle sensors on FM's salvage site, the 1.6 and 1.8 CAS are the same. They have 3 of them in stock... $100 each.
    I saw that. It is still a lot of money to throw $100 at a test. I still don't know what is wrong with the car, I just have guesses.

Quote Originally Posted by boisking View Post
    I saw that. It is still a lot of money to throw $100 at a test. I still don't know what is wrong with the car, I just have guesses.
    Agreed, but my bigger point is that it sounds like 1.6 CAS should work. Between BAM and CM, there is got to be a spare 1.6 CAS laying around.

I sold my spare CAS.

I have one on my spare motor, but won't have any free time to dink with it until either Friday night or 3 weeks from today.

RJ
    Daily Driver: 2013 Club edition in Pearl White Mica

Lightness? What's that? I drive a PRHT!

Titus, thanks for the tip on 1.8/1.6 compatability, you sexy biotch.

CM, I would love to assist you in dinking with your spare motor whenever I am not at work, should I be able to throw your CAS at my car and try to start it. I figure there will be a maximum 24 hour borrowing period on it...mutual schedules permitting.

BAM, extra sensor laying around?

Quote Originally Posted by channelmaniac View Post
    I sold my spare CAS.

I have one on my spare motor, but won't have any free time to dink with it until either Friday night or 3 weeks from today.

RJ
    is this the one i have? i thought it was for a 1.6
    10/30/06 - 93' black primered MX5 1.6L
    Wiseco Pistons 9:1, Carrillo Rods, ARP head and main bolts, FM valves +1mm and stiffer springs, new lifters, main bearings, cometic head gasket, port and polish head, ready for boost....

sorry, i dont get online much, but uh, now that your car is running, LOCK IT UP! (the thread)