Thread: "Generous" state inspection location?

Default "Generous" state inspection location?

Anyone know of a state inspection place that could be considered not too "by the book", if you know what I mean?
    The rear tires on my Acura are close to not passing, and might not pass. But I don't want to shell out cash for new rubber since the car might be traded in soon.

TIA,
    Speed

––––––––––––––––?? ?––––––––––––––––? ??––––
    Don't look...there's nothing down here for you!

Quote Originally Posted by miataspeedracer View Post
    Anyone know of a state inspection place that could be considered not too "by the book", if you know what I mean?
    The rear tires on my Acura are close to not passing, and might not pass. But I don't want to shell out cash for new rubber since the car might be traded in soon.

TIA,
    The Inspections Only that failed my Miata for "too loud" horn was staffed by more generous folks last time that were pretty generous with my tread depth measurement...
    Maybe 4 wheels aren't so bad after all... wickett.org
    It only goes to show when people can no longer discriminate on the grounds of race, religion, or sexual orientation, they can improvise and still find someone to hate. - Dave Moulton

Quote Originally Posted by tailchaser View Post
    The Inspections Only that failed my Miata for "too loud" horn was staffed by more generous folks last time that were pretty generous with my tread depth measurement...
    Too Loud of horn??? isn't that an oxymoron?
    05 MX-5 Mazdaspeed #1024 Titanium Gray Mica

Which location?
    Speed

Quote Originally Posted by miataspeedracer View Post
    Which location?
    Independence & parker. I asked the guy before I handed him the keys and his opinion was basically "if there's any height difference between the tread & the wear bar, it's good"
    It only goes to show when people can no longer discriminate on the grounds of race, religion, or sexual orientation, they can improvise and still find someone to hate. - Dave Moulton

Talking

Independence & parker. I asked the guy before I handed him the keys and his opinion was basically "if there's any height difference between the tread & the wear bar, it's good"
    In other words, get out your dremel and grind down those wear bars.

Thanks. That's where I took the Miata two weeks ago.
    Speed

'Bout time for my inspection too... looks like I found a place. Thanks!
    09 Lexus RX350
    .... no Miata

I take all my cars to a place in Hurst called "Quick Sticker" or something like that at Hurstview & Bedford Euless Rd. In all the years I've gone there they have never failed a vehicle, although one time he couldn't get an older truck I had to pass the emissions test at first. So he repeated the test several times until it finally came in under the limit.

The one time I went somewhere else was a Valvoline service center on Grapevine Highway in Colleyville. It was closer to home and they had this "coupon" in the mail for $5 or $10 off the state inspection fee. Sweet! Right?

Total scam, first thing the guy did was tell me my windshield wipers needed replacing (they didn't) and that my serpentine belt had cracks and needed replacing and by the way they just happened to have one in stock and a special going on ...blah blah blah, which is total BS. I told him as much and went on over to Quick Sticker, where it passed without replacing anything.

Makes me wonder how many people they scam into replacing their muffler bearings.

Quote Originally Posted by cam76034 View Post
    Makes me wonder how many people they scam into replacing their muffler bearings.

Or Headlight Fluid
    2005 Lava Orange MSM #601/1428
    211 rwhp, 195 ft. lbs on 1/6/07

Quote Originally Posted by MadMonkey View Post
    'Bout time for my inspection too... looks like I found a place. Thanks!
    Just be sure and warn us if that place gets taken over by the safety-nazis again as I may not be able to control my anger next time my car fails because the horn is too "harsh."

Quote Originally Posted by Magma View Post
    Or Headlight Fluid
    Man... you know how expensive that stuff is? It set me back an extra 40 bucks last inspection!

Quote Originally Posted by Titus View Post
    Man... you know how expensive that stuff is? It set me back an extra 40 bucks last inspection!
    Haha...that's why I buy Acuras. No headlight fluid required! Our lamps are filled with a special oil and hermetically sealed!
    Speed