Thread: Windshield and Tires mounted/balanced

Default Windshield and Tires mounted/balanced

Is there a consciences out there about the best place to get your windshield replaced?

I was headed down 635 yesterday morning and out of nowhere BAM! It was one of those rare time when the road was clear for a half mile in front of me, so I have no idea where the rock came from, but it sure did a job on my windshield.

I’d like to get it replaced before the track day on the 23rd.

I’ve never had to deal with replacing a windshield so I need to know of any pit-falls I should avoid and any advice would be appreciated.

Also, where’s the best place to get tires mounted and balanced?
    I can’t wait to try out some RA-1’s
    Skirt

Silver '99, MP62, TDR Intercooler, Tein Flex, Borla Duals, HDHCDD, Oh and chicks dig the kilt!

Were you going under a bridge when it happened? If so probably some kid being an idiot.

Sorry but can't recommend a windshiled replacement service. I have not had to use one in 8 years.

Whatever you do, make sure to let Titus come and look at it first
    2005 Lava Orange MSM #601/1428
    211 rwhp, 195 ft. lbs on 1/6/07

I had mine replaced a few years ago. Here is the guy I used and did a decent job. He is mobile and comes out to you. He also repairs window bullseye chips.

Rene' Soroa
    214-952-3310
    ...and across the line.

1996 Mazda Miata - R-Package (Eve-L)
    2012 Mazda CX-9 - Grand Touring (Dory)

Out of curiosity, what do you do about registration and inspection stickers when you get your windshield replaced? Aren't the inspection stickers designed to come off in multiple pieces when you remove them?

Yeah, but last time I did it the guy who swapped the winshield was able to transfer them to the new glass.

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Titus View Post
    Out of curiosity, what do you do about registration and inspection stickers when you get your windshield replaced? Aren't the inspection stickers designed to come off in multiple pieces when you remove them?
    Yes...

Quote Originally Posted by HudsonHawk View Post
    Yeah, but last time I did it the guy who swapped the winshield was able to transfer them to the new glass.
    And yes... the guy that put the windshield in the VW did exactly that. He was pretty careful about it. And he's only charging me $100 for the Miata (but that's because I've done all the prep work.)

Quote Originally Posted by Treibenschnell View Post
    ... he's only charging me $100 for the Miata (but that's because I've done all the prep work.)
    Have you considered just buying a second hand not quite assembled motor, and picking up an used RX8?

Oh yeah... and do you prefer cash or paypal?