Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Flex them if you got them

Prefers his T-Bones Deboned... jeff_man's Avatar

Default Flex them if you got them

Old and busted

New hotness

Are you going to run the stock Flex spring rates? Stock sways?
    Thomas
    V-to-the-Dub

Nice... I hope you plan to get an alignment before Saturday.

Quote Originally Posted by Miatamoto View Post
    Are you going to run the stock Flex spring rates? Stock sways?
    There mildly tuned, after they sit for a bit and compress some they will be retuned

Quote Originally Posted by Titus View Post
    Nice... I hope you plan to get an alignment before Saturday.
    -1.6F -2.0R i beleave

Quote Originally Posted by jeff_man View Post
    There mildly tuned, after they sit for a bit and compress some they will be retuned
    Do you have any idea what I'm talking about???
    Thomas
    V-to-the-Dub

Do you have any idea what I'm talking about???
    some what
    We added some spring preload and lowered the ride hight if thats what you mean

stock sways tell i get some RB

some what

jeff, the correct answer to Thomas' question is: I am keeping the stock spring rates. I will be upgrading to racing beat sway bars in the future.

some what

I was asking if you about the spring rates, not the damping, preload or ride height.

The stock flexes come with a 7kg/mm spring rate up front and 6kg/mm rate in the back. This setup is pretty prone to a lot of oversteer. I got 9kg/mm springs for the front and kept the 6 in the back.

If you're still on stock spring rates, I'd consider removing the rear sway bar for this weekend. At least be ready to disconnect it at the track is the car is too squirrely.

Are you planning on getting both front and rear RB sway bars?
    Thomas
    V-to-the-Dub

If you're still on stock spring rates, I'd consider removing the rear sway bar for this weekend. At least be ready to disconnect it at the track is the car is too squirrely.

hey i just learned something =)

planing to??? yes, will i ever??? wont know tell i order them as an impulse by like i do all my parts

I was asking if you about the spring rates, not the damping, preload or ride height.

The stock flexes come with a 7kg/mm spring rate up front and 6kg/mm rate in the back. This setup is pretty prone to a lot of oversteer. I got 9kg/mm springs for the front and kept the 6 in the back.

Great suggestion. I'm planning this for the future; once I have a daily driver. Gary@trackdog has 10kg front and 8kg rear Swift Springs on the "track dog".
    I suggested to Jeff that he might consider disconnecting the rear bar for the weekend, last night.

Yep, Jon is right, just go ahead and pull the rear sway.

I'll also suggest that you only buy a RB front bar and decide if you want to run the stock rear bar or no bar at all.

I'm running a RB hollow front bar and no rear bar. I'm very happy with the balance on the car. There's a slight hint of understeer on highspeed sweepers that can very easily be dialed out with the right foot. Very confidence inspiring IMO compared to a twitchy car.
    Thomas
    V-to-the-Dub

Quote Originally Posted by johnwag View Post
    Great suggestion. I'm planning this for the future; once I have a daily driver. Gary@trackdog has 10kg front and 8kg rear Swift Springs on the "track dog".
    BTW Jon, the 9kg springs are very tolerable on the street with the damping about 10-12 clicks from full stiff. It was really comfortable with the stock seat, but not bad with the race seat.
    Thomas
    V-to-the-Dub

Yep, Jon is right, just go ahead and pull the rear sway.

I'll also suggest that you only buy a RB front bar and decide if you want to run the stock rear bar or no bar at all.

I'm running a RB hollow front bar and no rear bar. I'm very happy with the balance on the car. There's a slight hint of understeer on highspeed sweepers that can very easily be dialed out with the right foot. Very confidence inspiring IMO compared to a twitchy car.
    I rode in the car with him right after Bo installed the FLEX. His 340 treadwear tires don't perform with the best grip, obviously. I did notice that it cornered flatter on the back roads, but he really needs better rubber to feel the optimal effect.
    After Bo installed my FLEX last february, the car felt better, but it wasn't until I went with the azenis and the RB bars that I noticed the biggest difference.

Quote Originally Posted by johnwag View Post
    I rode in the car with him right after Bo installed the FLEX. His 340 treadwear tires don't perform with the best grip, obviously. I did notice that it cornered flatter on the back roads, but he really needs better rubber to feel the optimal effect.
    After Bo installed my FLEX last february, the car felt better, but it wasn't until I went with the azenis and the RB bars that I noticed the biggest difference.
    o dude i did the bush to 75 sweeper at 85 with 0 tire chatter and no killing of the , bet i could have given it more. i hit it at 70 on the stock set up with the feeling i was sliding at the wall

BTW can't wait to see what they will do with good rubber

Jeff will definitely be winning the HPDE championship now! Nothing like sticky R-comps to mask driving mistakes.
    Thomas
    V-to-the-Dub

Jeff will definitely be winning the HPDE championship now! Nothing like sticky R-comps to mask driving mistakes.
    HAHAH "it's like I'm driving on tacky tape"

This is scarey..............

Quote Originally Posted by MadMerv View Post
    This is scarey..............
    +1

These rookies are gearing up for the weekend like it's qualifying for Le Mans. Way too much R compound and testosterone in these novice groups...
    Speed

––––––––––––––––?? ?––––––––––––––––? ??––––
    Don't look...there's nothing down here for you!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast