Thread: Dyno shop with wideband

Default Dyno shop with wideband

I need to dyno my 10AE. Need dyno in DFW area that has wideband capability. Anyone know of such a place?

Hey thanks,

Buck Reynolds
    Maypearl
    10AE FFS CS

Not sure if ATS Racing up in Lewisville has WBO2 or not. FIS in McKinney does. That's where my WRX was tuned with WBO2. Not sure if they'd be open to doing a Miata as the Scoobies are their bread and butter.

http://www.atsracing.net
    http://www.fi-systems.com/contact/

Edit: According to their website, ATS does have a WBO2. I also know they have a bit of experience with Miatas.
    Last edited by mk2tmr2; 07-11-2007 at 04:55 PM. Reason: Checked it after I wrecked it.

T1 race development in Rowlett does tuning with a wideband on their dynojet. I believe that BoostedNB took his car there to be tuned.

Quote Originally Posted by mk2tmr2 View Post
    Not sure if ATS Racing up in Lewisville has WBO2 or not. FIS in McKinney does. That's where my WRX was tuned with WBO2. Not sure if they'd be open to doing a Miata as the Scoobies are their bread and butter.

http://www.atsracing.net
    http://www.fi-systems.com/contact/

Edit: According to their website, ATS does have a WBO2. I also know they have a bit of experience with Miatas.
    10ae experience. His wife has/had an FMII 10ae. It's in Denton though, not Lewisville. (ATS)
    Smile
    93' LE #1136 - FM II
    250k miles

ahh hell I can tune it, the PC pro is a breeze.. its tuned,

I just want to get some pulls here in the am hours when it is not to hot on 93 octane. Last time I dynoed was up in Phoenix and it was 100 degrees in the shade, with a dollar store box fan. I only could muster 194 whp.

I am aware of ATS just was hoping something closer. Denton... is like B.F.E. from Maypearl

thanks

Buck

There's a couple of shops in Arlington that do wideband too. I go to Alamo for my dyno pulls ($50 for 3 w/o wideband, $75 for 3 w/ wideband), the guy that does the dyno prep and runs is pretty cool and knows what he's doing.

Also Rotary Performance and Jotech on the east side of Dallas (and not so far north). Jotech is probably too pricey, but RP is probably decent.
    '02 Berlina S2k
    J's 60RS, K&N FIPK, AUT CF cooling panel,
    JDM sidemarkers, S badges, BYS emblems,
    Mugen TP, 11.7:1 CR, Comptech Header,
    Hello Kitty Mugen badge

another vote for alamo. They're ganxta.

Quote Originally Posted by mr brg View Post
    another vote for alamo. They're ganxta.
    Sounds good. I work at Alamo now. $75 3 pulls w/ WB. Actually, STILL AT WORK, dyno-tuning a car. I don't work on cars (good thing, let me tell you), just here hoping we are gonna make it to Kennedale.
    Wealth, power, and experience are apparently not enough to save us from social influences. Groupthink, as described by I.L.Janis, is the tendency for group members to reach a consensus opinion, even if that decision is downright stupid (Janis 1982).

Quote Originally Posted by ray_sir_6 View Post
    Sounds good. I work at Alamo now. $75 3 pulls w/ WB. Actually, STILL AT WORK, dyno-tuning a car. I don't work on cars (good thing, let me tell you), just here hoping we are gonna make it to Kennedale.
    I'm probably going to commandeer their dyno in october when I put my car together.

For straight-up dyno pulls, I'd recommend Alamo as well. P.S.: stand outside to avoid choking on fumes & going deaf.

Even though you don't need tuning on the car, I'll still point you toward JoTech should you want some fine tuning done on a dyno. Kenny seriously knows his ! And no, it ain't an inexpensive place.
    '90 "LE" available for purchase soon
    2008.5 CWP MS3: JBR 70d trilogy engine mounts, short throw shifter & shift plate bushings; AST 4100 w/ 400lb springs f/r; JRZ camber plates