Thread: WTB R-comps 15" (feeler)

Default WTB R-comps 15" (feeler)

Just wonder if anyone had any.

I'm still debating on if I should get new ones or just finish the season on street tires to learn.

Who are you? What kind of car? What's your experience level?

My gut feeling is if you have to ask, "...if I should get new ones or just finish the season on street tires to learn", then the answer is probably no.
    Last edited by Darron65; 06-11-2007 at 07:46 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Darron65 View Post

My gut feeling is if you have to ask, "...if I should get new ones or just finish the season on street tires to learn", then the answer is probably no.
    He bought Altiain's old '99 sport last year.

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by Darron65 View Post

Quote Originally Posted by Titus View Post
    He bought Altiain's old '99 sport last year.
    Wow so what does that say about him!

Prefers his T-Bones Deboned... jeff_man's Avatar

I'll take some 16" Rs if anyone has some =)

Quote Originally Posted by pitlab77 View Post
    Just wonder if anyone had any.

I'm still debating on if I should get new ones or just finish the season on street tires to learn.
    Any response from Dave Murphy?
    99 Silver - FFS MP62 hotside, Powercard Pro, e-Cool, BTB, Aquamist WI, FFS Fuel Rail, FM springs, KYB AGX, Azenis, HDSDD, 207HP

Banned

Best to learn on street tires what car can and can't do. Less expensive on tire budget. As you feel you have plateaued with cars ability, then move on to R-comps. If you have daily tires and just run R's for events, go ahead and get some more. If you drive daily, you will get a feel for adhesion through some spirited driving without having to push it. Adhesion levels are obviously better for R's, but care as to how you scrub 'em in and how you take care of 'em while driving hard, is the difference.

I have Es100's, stockers with 615's, and pretty much done V710's on stockers. I made up my mind to finish out on the 615's unless I can find a deal on used R-comps

I would go with the RT615's, ES100's suck more than anything and dead V710's will put in R class where you won't be competitive.
    VW Bug in running shoes
    M Porcupine sedan
    M Porcupine coupe
    Crusty old e46 beater
    Battery Powered appliance car

Finish up on the 615s. They were brand new last spring, and the only mileage I put on them was back and forth to Walnut Ridge and Houston for the tours last year. They should be in great shape!

The ES100s are horrible autocross tires, and they wear really fast. Not only will the RT615s be faster and a lot more fun, they'll probably last longer on course as well.
    Iain

"We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing." - George Bernard Shaw

Quote Originally Posted by altiain View Post
    Finish up on the 615s. They were brand new last spring, and the only mileage I put on them was back and forth to Walnut Ridge and Houston for the tours last year. They should be in great shape!

The ES100s are horrible autocross tires, and they wear really fast. Not only will the RT615s be faster and a lot more fun, they'll probably last longer on course as well.
    yeah that is what I was thinking. Although I am already pricing R-compunds because it seems after a year or two of being Dead C-stock will have a number of people next year here in the Houston region.

And the only reason I got new ES100's is because there were cheap for street tires lol.

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by pitlab77 View Post
    yeah that is what I was thinking. Although I am already pricing R-compunds because it seems after a year or two of being Dead C-stock will have a number of people next year here in the Houston region.
    I can tell you the Houston folks I ran against in CS last weekend for the divisional were quite zippy!