Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New type Spark Plug??

Default New type Spark Plug??

Saw this on my Toyota Forum, kinda looks interesting.

http://www.pulstarplug.com/

Yes that does sound pretty interesting, very nice website. Just a little tid-bit I found.

CAUTION: Pulstar model recommendations are for stock, unmodified engines. If you have added an aftermarket turbocharger, supercharger, nitrous or any other product that increases displacement or compression to your engine you will require a colder heat range pulse plug in order to avoid possible damage to your engine. For these applications please see our other great product at www.directhits.com or call us at 888-800-6700
    Blah blah blah!

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by Darron65 View Post
    I've got some magic beans for you too.
    Sweet!

Later that day!

$24.95 each?!!?! yikes...
    --
    Dave
    "Opinions are like ..."

Quote Originally Posted by POS Racing View Post
    Saw this on my Toyota Forum, kinda looks interesting.

http://www.pulstarplug.com/
    The ebay electric supercharger and intake vortex generator that I sold you for $250 are in the mail. You should get them tomorrow.
    Thomas
    V-to-the-Dub

Quote Originally Posted by Miatamoto View Post
    The ebay electric supercharger and intake vortex generator that I sold you for $250 are in the mail. You should get them tomorrow.
    Electric? I thought it was cardboard!
    "Racing makes heroin addiction look like a vague longing for something salty" - Peter Egan

Quote Originally Posted by Dave04 View Post
    $24.95 each?!!?! yikes...
    Yea, that's only double the cost of my Iridium plugs and they last half as long. I'd really like to see how they stack up to hi-perf plugs (ie Bosch Plat4, Splitfire, Denso or NGK Iridium) vs how they perform against old cheapo plugs.
    '06 RSX Type-S NBP

Quote Originally Posted by Nexus Flux View Post
    Yea, that's only double the cost of my Iridium plugs and they last half as long. I'd really like to see how they stack up to hi-perf plugs (ie Bosch Plat4, Splitfire, Denso or NGK Iridium) vs how they perform against old cheapo plugs.
    In Miatas (stock and FI), I have yet to see one dyno chart that shows that hi-perf plugs offer any improvement over the standard $12/set NGKs.

Quote Originally Posted by Titus View Post
    In Miatas (stock and FI), I have yet to see one dyno chart that shows that hi-perf plugs offer any improvement over the standard $12/set NGKs.
    Mind you, the RSX came with the Iridium plugs from the factory. I can't really justify $12.50 per plug either. At least I hope I won't have to change them for a while.
    Last edited by Nexus Flux; 06-26-2007 at 01:34 PM.
    '06 RSX Type-S NBP

Well......the website definitely does a good job of marketing their product. If I remember correctly, so did the "tornado fuel saver" website. I would seriously consider buying a set to do some dyno research and fuel economy research with, but I don't have $100 to blow on spark plugs and a $100 to blow on dyno time, unfortunately.
    Sounds like good technology, though.

Quote Originally Posted by Titus View Post
    Ditto here.....for the SM, my best results were with a standard, non-resistor, copper core plug, one heat range colder.

...HOWEVER, this makes sense. Capacitors store energy, so the more you can store before the plug firing, the stronger a spark you will have (in theory), IF it is quick enough. Their clams of discharging in two micro-seconds has me wondering...... Wha-da-ya think RJ?
    92 Sunny 214k, 95 Dimples, 93 James Bondo, 92 SM (Speedie Jr )
    Shelley, Apex, Tigger, Max, Baby(cats), Fluffy, Spot, and Peanut (mini horses), Cinnamon & Bitsy(dawgs)
    MSR #1001, SCCA #208822 Let's go racin'

Quote Originally Posted by Nexus Flux View Post
    Mind you, the RSX came with the Iridium plugs from the factory. I can't really justify $12.50 per plug either. At least I hope I won't have to change them for a while.
    100k before we're supposed to change them, lol. I don't know if I trust that, but I am still going to buy the Iridiums when I need them. It seems like our ignition system is pretty good, so why mess with a good thing?

I think it's ~$300 to have the dealership change our plugs
    '02 Berlina S2k
    J's 60RS, K&N FIPK, AUT CF cooling panel,
    JDM sidemarkers, S badges, BYS emblems,
    Mugen TP, 11.7:1 CR, Comptech Header,
    Hello Kitty Mugen badge

Yeah and for $140 more they will sell you a can of snake oil.

I dislike Honda stealerships. Every other oil change they had to do $475 more "scheduled maintenance" on my Honda. I told them I would do it.
    05 MX-5 Mazdaspeed #1024 Titanium Gray Mica

lol, mine has never once asked me if I wanted anything done other than what I went in for. I guess it's all in the relationship you build with the service adviser. I don't talk to anybody else but my regular guy; if he's not there, I come back when he is.
    '02 Berlina S2k
    J's 60RS, K&N FIPK, AUT CF cooling panel,
    JDM sidemarkers, S badges, BYS emblems,
    Mugen TP, 11.7:1 CR, Comptech Header,
    Hello Kitty Mugen badge

The fancy plugs exist ONLY because California requires a 100k no maintenance required period (other than oil/filter changes), so the EXpensive plugs came to be... not better... just longer lasting.
    Maybe 4 wheels aren't so bad after all... wickett.org
    It only goes to show when people can no longer discriminate on the grounds of race, religion, or sexual orientation, they can improvise and still find someone to hate. - Dave Moulton

Interesting. If I had an extra $100 laying about, I’d be willing to buy a set and give it a try. This at least makes more sense to me on a physics level than the tornado or the electric supercharger or the magnets around your fuel line thingy.
    Iain

"We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing." - George Bernard Shaw

But what would you put them in?

RX-8's use ignitors.
    05 MX-5 Mazdaspeed #1024 Titanium Gray Mica

TC should try some in his Dodge.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast