Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Movie Recommendation

Thumbs up Movie Recommendation

I went to Blockbuster tonight and apparently I can't read. I had 3 DVDs in my hand and the barely legal hottie at the register says to me "You get a freebie". After I regained my composure, she explained that they were buy 2, get 2 free, so I could pick out another DVD for free. She then tells me that based on the 3 movies I was buying (Wedding Crashers, Clerks II, and Benchwarmers), She would highly recommend Beerfest. She then went on to tell me that "it is like my most favoritest movie ever". Like most married 30 something men, there was not much chance that I was going to say no to a barely legal hottie offering me a freebie... err I mean a movie called Beerfest. Somewhat surprisingly, she was spot on. This was one of the funniest movies I have seen in a long time.

lol, Beerfest is awesome
    '02 Berlina S2k
    J's 60RS, K&N FIPK, AUT CF cooling panel,
    JDM sidemarkers, S badges, BYS emblems,
    Mugen TP, 11.7:1 CR, Comptech Header,
    Hello Kitty Mugen badge

On a side note, I came acrost The Aristocrats in my DVD collection tonight. While I found it funny, my wife didn't seem to agree. She made it pretty clear that this wasn't something I should watch with her in the house again. If someone with a strong stomach wants it, they are welcome to it.

Beerfest wasnt funny sorry.

I didn't find the Aristocrats funny and my wife refused to watch it after five minutes. I lasted about 20 minutes before I turned it off.

We just watched a hilarious dark comedy called Big Nothing with David Schwimmer and the guy from Shaun of the Dead. It was hilarious!
    ...and across the line.

1996 Mazda Miata - R-Package (Eve-L)
    2012 Mazda CX-9 - Grand Touring (Dory)

Quote Originally Posted by Treibenschnell View Post
    I'd like to watch the Aristocrats...
    It's yours!

Quote Originally Posted by Titus View Post
    On a side note, I came acrost The Aristocrats in my DVD collection tonight. While I found it funny, my wife didn't seem to agree. She made it pretty clear that this wasn't something I should watch with her in the house again. If someone with a strong stomach wants it, they are welcome to it.
    The Aristocrats is one of the funniest documentaries I've ever seen. Me and my date (yes, I used to date) laughed our butts off through the whole thing.

Brings back bad memories though... saw it the night this happened

Quote Originally Posted by Majik View Post
    Beerfest wasnt funny sorry.
    And here I thought you were cool.

Quote Originally Posted by black roadster View Post
    I didn't find the Aristocrats funny and my wife refused to watch it after five minutes. I lasted about 20 minutes before I turned it off.
    Well gee it doesn't gain steam until about 10 minutes in. By halfway I was crying I was laughing so hard.

And yes, I HIGHLY recommend Beerfest. If you like Super Troopers, you'll love it. Same style and same actors.

"I wish this beer was frozen so we could ice skate on it! And then I'd wish it melted so we could drink it!!!"
    09 Lexus RX350
    .... no Miata

"Die you zombie Bastards", I liked it but it's a real sick and twisted comedy B movie.
    Oh and "Monster Man" a B+ movie that I would love to have again.

Be Warned though...lol
    99 Miata Black

Please feel free to browse my movie ratings at http://www.imdb.com/mymovies/list?l=2753566 .

Quote Originally Posted by Treibenschnell View Post
    I'd like to watch the Aristocrats...
    next!Amanda didn't get to see it last time... and i think i've recovered sufficiently.
    Maybe 4 wheels aren't so bad after all... wickett.org
    It only goes to show when people can no longer discriminate on the grounds of race, religion, or sexual orientation, they can improvise and still find someone to hate. - Dave Moulton

Quote Originally Posted by jrj512 View Post
    Please feel free to browse my movie ratings at http://www.imdb.com/mymovies/list?l=2753566 .
    You gave Chicago a 10?!

I did too, but don't tell anybody.
    09 Lexus RX350
    .... no Miata

Beerfest was pretty good, but I liked Super Troopers better (great movie).

Another movie I saw recently was Hot Fuzz. I saw Sean of the Dead a couple of years ago and really liked it and Hot Fuzz was just as good.
    Thomas
    V-to-the-Dub

Quote Originally Posted by Miatamoto View Post
    Beerfest was pretty good, but I liked Super Troopers better (great movie).

Another movie I saw recently was Hot Fuzz. I saw Sean of the Dead a couple of years ago and really liked it and Hot Fuzz was just as good.
    That's Shaun of the dead

And yes, Hot Fuzz was awesome... I never get tired of that guys acting
    09 Lexus RX350
    .... no Miata

Talking

Hey jrj512 where was this movie on your list??

Quote Originally Posted by POS Racing View Post
    Hey jrj512 where was this movie on your list??
    I think that was called The Car, wasn't it? I saw part of it when I was little, but I have never bothered to watch the whole thing.

You gave Blair Witch a 9 and Ricky Bobby only got a 4?
    ...and across the line.

1996 Mazda Miata - R-Package (Eve-L)
    2012 Mazda CX-9 - Grand Touring (Dory)

Quote Originally Posted by black roadster View Post
    You gave Blair Witch a 9 and Ricky Bobby only got a 4?
    Blair Witch was a very original movie and the marketing made it even better. They actually had people believing that it was real. Plus, it really gave me the heebee jeebees!

I just didn't get into Ricky Bobby.

Blair Witch, was a gold mine.
    The filmakers knew that people wouldn't know enough about the "law" to know that if that story really happened there is no way in hell the footage would be shown in theatres.
    I got to give them props for what they did however the gig was up after the first wave of poeple saw it..

If you like Horror movies, try this one out "Dark Remains" that movie was damn good and I have been unafraid of almost every horror movie since the 80's
    99 Miata Black

A would agree with a lot of your ratings, but I admit that a few of them made me scratch my head. 1 for Old School? 2 for Punch-Drunk Love? I enjoyed those two.

On a side note, I find it a shame that you have sat through Kevin Smith's worse offering (Jay and Silent Bob Strike back) but have missed some of his best stuff. Remind me to bring Clerks and Clerks II to the S2K autocross for you to borrow.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast