Thread: Rental for the double regional at TMS

Default Rental for the double regional at TMS

Help! I'm looking for a cheap rental so I can maintain my license for another year. I don't care if it's a last place car, as long as it is safe and will finish two races. I have tires.
    Merv
    92 Sunny 214k, 95 Dimples, 93 James Bondo, 92 SM (Speedie Jr )
    Shelley, Apex, Tigger, Max, Baby(cats), Fluffy, Spot, and Peanut (mini horses), Cinnamon & Bitsy(dawgs)
    MSR #1001, SCCA #208822 Let's go racin'

Is channelmaniac's car done yet? He got the roll cage in over the winter, so it may be track ready by now. It wouldn't hurt to give him a call and see if you can work something out.

Quote Originally Posted by Titus View Post
    Is channelmaniac's car done yet? He got the roll cage in over the winter, so it may be track ready by now. It wouldn't hurt to give him a call and see if you can work something out.
    Good idea! Will PM.
    Shelley, Apex, Tigger, Max, Baby(cats), Fluffy, Spot, and Peanut (mini horses), Cinnamon & Bitsy(dawgs)

Merv, you seriously need to have a race car with all the miatas you have. I would help, but I do not have a cheap car - they both have pro motors - if Garland ever finishes the backup/rental car!

Quote Originally Posted by kverges View Post
    Merv, you seriously need to have a race car with all the miatas you have. I would help, but I do not have a cheap car - they both have pro motors - if Garland ever finishes the backup/rental car!
    I just don't have time, but I will.......

It's not done yet.

With my crazy work schedule (24 flight segments, 29,000 airline miles) since the first of the year I haven't had time to touch it.

I need to:
    • Buy & install the suspension kit
    • Install & wire the kill switch
    • Paint the roll cage
    • Install passenger seat mount/seat (for an instructor ride along)
    • Roll the cut edges on the inside of the drivers door
    • Clean & paint the inside
    • Body work (install new finish panel, fill in all the hail dents, and paint)
    • Work on the brakes (lube slider pins, flush system)
    • Weld up the holes on the rear deck panel, paint it, and install it
    • Clean the trunk of rust & paint it
    • Get my logbook for the car!
    I know some of that doesn't have to be done to get the car on the track, but some of it does... and some of it has to be finished so I can go back & get my logbook for the car. Plus I'm sure I'm missing a few things that need to be done.

One day I need to get the VLSD too.

Hey, while both of you smart guys are reading the thread - are there any upgrades that I can do to the 90 model? Like driveline or brakes from a 1.8? I'm not sure what is & isn't legal.

RJ
    Daily Driver: 2013 Club edition in Pearl White Mica

Lightness? What's that? I drive a PRHT!

Quote Originally Posted by channelmaniac View Post
    It's not done yet.

Hey, while both of you smart guys are reading the thread - are there any upgrades that I can do to the 90 model? Like driveline or brakes from a 1.8? I'm not sure what is & isn't legal.

RJ
    I already replied to your PM, before reading this, so to answer your questions:
    You can't add 1.8 brakes. You can add the sub-frame braces, front and rear. You can now use a late model diff, but you must maintain the 4.30:1 gears.

If you are still looking for a spec miata rental I saw on the scca texas region forum that TMG has some email [email protected]

Robert