Thread: The ongoing Saga of 500 whp

Default The ongoing Saga of 500 whp

Went back to the dyno this morning with a freshly built return style fuel system, and a new Fuel pressure regulator. I maxxed my 1000cc injectors out at 490 hp and 426 tq at 24 pounds of boost. I have to get 1600cc injectors now, and have to run 2 intank walboro pumps. GAH it never ends. I just want to be finished with it!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by BoostedNB View Post
    Went back to the dyno this morning with a freshly built return style fuel system, and a new Fuel pressure regulator. I maxxed my 1000cc injectors out at 490 hp and 426 tq at 24 pounds of boost. I have to get 1600cc injectors now, and have to run 2 intank walboro pumps. GAH it never ends. I just want to be finished with it!!!!!!!

Are you running a Turbo II setup for the transmission?
    '99 FMII + everything (sold!)
    '97 FMII (previously)

nope. Im running all stock miata drivetrain parts. I have not broken anything yet. Knock on wood. I have been launching the car at 5000 rpm too. I think that the miata drivetrain is underrated. Im sure it will go eventually, but I have been drag racing the car now for about a year, and havent broken anything.

nope. Im running all stock miata drivetrain parts. I have not broken anything yet. Knock on wood. I have been launching the car at 5000 rpm too. I think that the miata drivetrain is underrated. Im sure it will go eventually, but I have been drag racing the car now for about a year, and havent broken anything.
    It's hard to believe that a drivetrain meant to handle 115hp can take nearly 5x that. If I remember right, Andrew Campbell's miata which was also making near 500whp was still on the stock tranny. I think he ran a KAAZ diff though..
    '99 FMII + everything (sold!)
    '97 FMII (previously)

Quote Originally Posted by Shoefly View Post
    It's hard to believe that a drivetrain meant to handle 115hp can take nearly 5x that. If I remember right, Andrew Campbell's miata which was also making near 500whp was still on the stock tranny. I think he ran a KAAZ diff though..
    It was a stock tranny that had been rebuilt with cryo'd and REM polished gears, and new synchros. It also had a custom brace.

He did run a KAAZ 1.5 way diff.

I do have a tranny and diff brace. Andrews car is really nice. The guy that built my car is very good friends with him, and helped put that car together too.

I do have a tranny and diff brace. Andrews car is really nice. The guy that built my car is very good friends with him, and helped put that car together too.
    That's cool. I would like to see your car in person.

I will have to make it out to the strip sometime to see this car run!

Michael The Schmeckel Ted the Red's Avatar

That sounds like a lot of power. Especially with the low weight of the Miata. That thing must haul @$$.