Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Autocross 102 - AX102 - Mineral Wells - Saturday, March 6

Team Cheap Bastard
    President & Founder

It was a blue bird day and I had a blast! Great event, nice people and much fun was had by all! (even with the top up)

Did I mention that POS sucks! Thanks to altiain for giving me some very helpful instruction! Nice to meet gabkwong (when you're ready to sell that 'base' 99 you found, I'll give you $100 over what you paid for it!)

No more schools for Joe Miata
    Thanks Tail, if you would step down to an '00 you could get some of those sport springs and 15" wheels....

But yesterday belonged to JRW . He must have learned alot in the morning because his times in the afternoon were competing for FTD Great driving.

The school was super fun and the instruction was very good too. I would attend another one- if Tailchaser would let me...

Yes, it was funnnnnnn! Thanks Iain and Charlie for all the help! Iain was great and understanding, and Charlie was super.

I learn a lot on both days, although still not enough. The Prosche people really makes you feel welcome.

Iain, please send me the name, phone no. of the place to get the alignment. Also the spec. too! Thnaks!!! Charlie Davis drove the car also said that the rear end was too happy to setp out and the steering was toooo fast.

This is best $80 I ever spend on autocross. I am looking forward doing this again with the Porsche gusy/girls!

Gab

Gabriel, You've got mail.

Ironically, I liked the steering on your car - your car was very eager to turn in, and did quite well in the transitional manuvers. Unfortunately, the back end was a little too eager to come around and join in the conversation.

I had fun Saturday, although I'm sorry I had to cut out of there before every thing was over. As it was, I was still about 10 minutes late for dinner...

I hear Jon had a pretty quick fun run in his car without even bothering to adjust his street pressures. Looks like I'm going to have my work cut out for me this season!

Iain
    Iain

"We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing." - George Bernard Shaw

My '02 was extremely willing to swap ends with the stock shocks. When I installed the KYB's, I was able to correct most of that tendency by running the back end softer than the front. However, that still left a strong tendency to rotate when entering a corner under braking as the back end was unsettled. A "proper" alignment (although NOT the one from Iain's recommended shop that came unglued within 100 miles every time they did it) helped again.

Adding the FM 1" front bar has made the car almost perfectly neutral in steady state cornering (with shocks set the same front and rear). Plus, transitional handling is much more stable, and the tendency to rotate while trail-braking seems to have been eliminated.

Quote Originally Posted by tailchaser
    A "proper" alignment (although NOT the one from Iain's recommended shop that came unglued within 100 miles every time they did it) helped again.
    Which shop was that? I've been using Peterson's Automotive and/or DFW Frame & Alignment for years without any problems.

Iain
    Iain

"We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing." - George Bernard Shaw

DFW Frame & Alignment

A "proper" alignment (although NOT the one from Iain's recommended shop that came unglued within 100 miles every time they did it) helped again.
    Could you be a little more vague pleaze! How did it come unglued? Magical Fairies? Loose Bolts? How??

DFW Frame did the last alignment on the POS.... It's seems to work, but I have no real way of checking it out, other than the look it goes down the road straight! :P

The first two times, the steering wheel came off center within 50 miles. The third, it came horribly off center during a BMW club autocross at Mineral Wells. Loose bolts, maybe? I dunno.

Quote Originally Posted by sammm
    Did I mention that POS sucks!

OK Fine! No parts for you!

POS Rules!!!! Sammm Drools!!!

Team Cheap Bastard
    President & Founder

Quote Originally Posted by POS Racing
    Quote Originally Posted by sammm
    Did I mention that POS sucks!

OK Fine! No parts for you!
    "No parts for you! Come back, 1 year!"

So this is what happens when you come within 1/2 second of POS?

Just be careful once you go faster than POS... Then you'll have to start re-checking the dials on your KYB's before every run...

Just be careful once you go faster than POS... Then you'll have to start re-checking the dials on your KYB's before every run...
    Quiet You!
    BTW. what size wrench do you need to loosen the bleeder screws on a '92??

Team Cheap Bastard
    President & Founder

So that's why my front right shock was set at 8!!!

Quote Originally Posted by POS Racing
    Quiet You!
    BTW. what size wrench do you need to loosen the bleeder screws on a '92??
    8mm
    2013 Mazda2 slushbox daily
    1993 Miata (future exocet donor)

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234