Thread: Moving Ipod Library

Question Moving Ipod Library

My daughter got a new computer and we want to get all her Ipod songs off the old computer and moved to the new computer.

When we try to sync it says it will replace all she has in her Ipod with stuff in the library, which is currently empty...

What are we doing wrong??

TIA

Quote Originally Posted by Treibenschnell View Post
    The Ipod can only be sync'd with only one computer... you'll have to back the files up first and then restart the transfer.
    Thanks & Why? Are they concerned about piracy??

There is a way to use the ipod as a flash storage device to transfer the songs, my girlfriend knows how. I can pm you instructions if you want them.
    "Racing makes heroin addiction look like a vague longing for something salty" - Peter Egan

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by blackzx3_13 View Post
    There is a way to use the ipod as a flash storage device to transfer the songs, my girlfriend knows how. I can pm you instructions if you want them.
    Please and thank you!

Hold on a minute you have a girlfriend!

It's amazing what a Target job will buy these days.

Daily Driver: 2013 Club edition in Pearl White Mica

Lightness? What's that? I drive a PRHT!

Quote Originally Posted by POS Racing View Post

I can't explain it, but the guy is a chick magnet... I saw him at the Denton drag strip and he had 2 young women with him. Saw him again at a Wednesday night meet, and he was being chauffeured by a woman in Dodge Caliber.
    Last edited by Titus; 09-05-2007 at 07:14 PM. Reason: Grrr... spell check gremlins strike again!

You have a PM.
    "Racing makes heroin addiction look like a vague longing for something salty" - Peter Egan

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by blackzx3_13 View Post
    You have a PM.
    Thanks Sparky that worked great!

I said screw it and bought a Mac.
    I said screw it and went with Napster... fifteen bucks a month and all the music I can download to up to three devices.
    Iain

"We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing." - George Bernard Shaw

Quote Originally Posted by altiain View Post
    I said screw it and went with Napster... fifteen bucks a month and all the music I can download to up to three devices.
    But once you cancel that service can you continue to use the music?

Quote Originally Posted by channelmaniac View Post
    It's amazing what a Target job will buy these days
    Quote Originally Posted by Titus View Post
    I can't explain it, but the guy is a chick magnet... I saw him at the Denton drag strip and he had 2 young women with him. Saw him again at a Wednesday night meet, and he was being chauffeured by a woman in Dodge Caliber.
    Its called a guitar.

Thanks Sparky that worked great!
    No problem, glad I could help.

Quote Originally Posted by Majik View Post
    If you cancel the service, you lose any of the "free" music you've downloaded. However, you can also buy tracks and albums permanently for about the same price as itunes.

Here's the way I look at it - $15/month is the same as the price of one CD, and I get to try a whole bunch of stuff that might not be worth buying in the long run. In fact, I end up deleting probably 75% of what I download, simply because I can download and sample a whole bunch of stuff without paying anymore than I am already... but most of the 25% that I keep is stuff I never would have found if I had to pay up front on a per-track basis.
    Iain

"We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing." - George Bernard Shaw

Quote Originally Posted by Majik View Post
    Of course not! <cough> <cough>
    Maybe 4 wheels aren't so bad after all... wickett.org
    It only goes to show when people can no longer discriminate on the grounds of race, religion, or sexual orientation, they can improvise and still find someone to hate. - Dave Moulton

Wink

I find it easier to "borrow" a friends music collection rather than paying for it.

*** Attention RIAA Attorneys that may/are perusing this site - My tongue is firmly planted in my cheek. I'm just cracking wise! ***

*** Attention RIAA Attorneys that may/are perusing this site - My tongue is firmly planted in my cheek. I'm just cracking wise! ***
    Them! I use an older download program and then support the artists by going to a concert or dj set or buying vinyl instead of making the recording industry all the money and only giving the artist a tiny percent of the overpriced cd!
    90 MX5 281k miles! - euro spec, Porsche Riviera Blue w/black hardtop, 97 motor swap, vintage Borbet rims, GC, FM shock hats/frame rails/rear sub-brace, AGX, sway bar, stb, Fidanza/ACT combo, EBC Yellows

92 COMMA SM - new paint coming soon...

If I like the artist and the music I buy the CD. If I like the artist and the music but the CD sucks I buy the single.

There's no sense in paying that much money for a product that sucks when you can't even kick the tires before you buy. I like to buy used CDs for that reason. The RIAA doesn't get any money there, it's legal, and you aren't out so much to buy crappy music to get one good song.

The only downside is that the artists don't get a cut of that.

RJ
    Daily Driver: 2013 Club edition in Pearl White Mica

Lightness? What's that? I drive a PRHT!