Thread: Can't get her nice things..... (Cell phone)

Question Can't get her nice things..... (Cell phone)

The wifes Cell has decided it no longer needs to display any information on it screen. It's a Sony Ericsson Z620a that she has had for about a 1-1/2 years.

Went to my local AT&T Cingular store to get her a new one. All I did was offended the slack jawed punk ashed goober who was diligently working on adding two years to my contract and trying to charge me full price for a new phone.

What can I do to get her a working phone without having to step foot in an AT&T Cingular store?? I'm not interested in adding more years to my contract or spending a ton of money on a replacement phone. I'd just like to get the nice lady a phone that works.

In advance thanks for your help!

GF is selling her unlocked Nokia 6680 (European GSM phone) for $150. She upgraded to an Iphone this weekend. It works on either AT&T or Tmobile perfectly. Just throw in her SIM card and go.

Looks like this
    VW Bug in running shoes
    M Porcupine sedan
    M Porcupine coupe
    Crusty old e46 beater
    Battery Powered appliance car

If hers is a gsm phone, then any AT&T gsm phone should work by just swapping out the sim card. If you get a european model. there may be issues with tech support since it is not one the id-10t's know on the help desk call.

I swapped phones a few different times on T-mobel without ever telling the carrier.
    05 MX-5 Mazdaspeed #1024 Titanium Gray Mica

but does it display stuff in english?

Quote Originally Posted by Radio-Active View Post
    If hers is a gsm phone, then any AT&T gsm phone should work by just swapping out the sim card. If you get a european model. there may be issues with tech support since it is not one the id-10t's know on the help desk call.

I swapped phones a few different times on T-mobel without ever telling the carrier.
    i had to get them to send me an "over the air" settings so my picture txts would work. they were like "are you SURE thats the model phone you have?" um yes. im staring at it. funny, some of those people just dont understand that thier books and records cant possibly hold every single phone out there. (mine was only out that quarter and not sold in the us )

Go here: http://www.wireless.att.com/cell-pho...on&allManus=on

Buy phone, activate it, throw away sim card that came with phone, put in wife's sim card & you're good to go.

If you don't want to wait, go to any local chain store and pick one up, it has to be an ATT go phone.

If you want something fancy, check out eBay for unlocked

Plan C:

Go here, sign up, order phone activate it (go phone only) get $20 off. http://www.dealking.com/deals/search...chfor=cingular

Shipping is usually lightning fast on cell phones.
    Last edited by pliablemoose; 09-23-2007 at 06:56 PM.
    To do list: carpet X1, seatcovers X1

97' Green M Edition

▄︻┻┳═一

I bought a refurb on eBay when mine broke.

I'm waiting on my new Nokia phone to come through work... Once it gets here I'll have a Motorola Razr that I won't need anymore.

The only problem is I'm not sure how soon my new phone will arrive. It's been on order for about 10 days now.

I'd trade it to you for some help with doing the brakes on the Spec. (install speed bleeders, lube slider pins, and flush new fluid through the system)

RJ
    Daily Driver: 2013 Club edition in Pearl White Mica

Lightness? What's that? I drive a PRHT!

Quote Originally Posted by channelmaniac View Post
    I'd trade it to you for some help with doing the brakes on the Spec. (install speed bleeders, lube slider pins, and flush new fluid through the system)

RJ
    That could work, let me know when you new phone shows up.

Do you have a air compressor so we can use the cool pressure bleeder cap??

Quote Originally Posted by POS Racing View Post

Yes, he does... I borrowed it before I got mine.

I just bought a cool nokia off of ebay.

Quote Originally Posted by POS Racing View Post

Yup, sure do. It's out back in the shop but I can wheel it around to the garage.

WOO HOO!

Quote Originally Posted by Corporate messaging team
    Your CPO2007 Smartphone order for your new Mobile Mail device has been shipped and you can expect to receipt within 2-5 days.

So hopefully it arrives so I can have the old one decommissioned by First Saturday

You still need a phone?