Thread: Another new member here!

Default Another new member here!

Hi all just bought a 2002 Midnight blue Miata a few weeks ago for my daily driver. I am really happy with it. It is a lot of fun to drive. I am an old Corvette guy. I have a 1993 Corvette ZR-1 that is my weekend toy. However, I am really having a lot of fun driving this Miata everyday. It has a lot of pep for a 4 banger and handles the corners like its on rails. I am very impressed with it. My wife and daughter love it also, and take every chance they get. Its almost like having a new puppy in the family.

It already has the Chrome Style hoop bar installed, otherwise its all stock.
    I just bought some 17" wheels to replace the 15" stockers, so those will be going on in a couple of weeks. I have no other plans for it, except I would like to put a dual black or silver strip down the middle of it. But I still haven’t made up my mind yet.

Later,
    Mike
    2002 Miata Midnight Blue

Nice to have you here...... Welcome to the madness.

Pretty soon, you and your whole family will be autocrossing with us... So keep your original tires and wheels for a while.

IMO - The silver will look best.
    Hello, my name is OUTRACE and I'm a motorcyclist. It has been zero days since my last ride.

Team Cheap Bastard
    President & Founder

Welcome Mike! Bring that Miata out to an autocross and really have fun with it!

Welcome to the asylum, Mike!

Screw tha Miata, bring the ZR-1 out to an autocross! I'd love to see someone give Bob and Neal a run in A Stock!
    Iain

"We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing." - George Bernard Shaw

Hey Neighbor!

Welcome to the insanity - I see you already caught the mod bug.

I'm next door in Lewisville - you can get stripes in Carrollton at www.protapesigns.com

I'm dropping my car off Thursday to get some Gunmetal Metallic stripes. I'll let ya know how it goes and see if I can figure out how to post a pic on this site since I don't have a web page.

Raymond
    Daily Driver: 2013 Club edition in Pearl White Mica

Lightness? What's that? I drive a PRHT!

Quote Originally Posted by channelmaniac
    ... and see if I can figure out how to post a pic on this site since I don't have a web page.

Raymond
    That's easy... just e-mail them to the webmaster with some brief bio information and we'll feature you in the "Meet our members" section!

Quote Originally Posted by channelmaniac
    Hey Neighbor!

I'm dropping my car off Thursday to get some Gunmetal Metallic stripes. I'll let ya know how it goes and see if I can figure out how to post a pic on this site since I don't have a web page.

Raymond
    I would like to see the strips your putting on. Let me know for sure how they look, if you can't put up picks, maybe I could come by and see them.

thanks,
    Mike
    email: [email protected]
    2002 Miata Midnight Blue

Banned
    Fort Worthless, Tx And deep in the land of STRESSSSSS!!!

Welcome to the club Mike, I'm Rory the mentally defunct one around here as of late so Nice to meet you and I hop eto meet you soon out there.

rory

I didn't do the stripes... Larry over at Pro Tape Signs & Graphics did them.

I got an 8" stripe with a 1" gap and a 1 1/2" stripe on each side going down the middle of the car... Gunmetal Grey Metallic.

It goes from the bottom of the air dam, over the hood, on the windshield header, across the trunk lid, on the spoiler, and down the back of the car to under the bumper.

After I picked up the car, I drove over to Track Dog Racing and picked up an Air Splitter (he also threw in an extra Tack Dog Racing sticker!) which I just got done installing.

DANG! It looks GOOD!

I'll take some pics and get them up on the board soon under the "Meet our Members" section and on my Cardomain web page.

Raymond
    Daily Driver: 2013 Club edition in Pearl White Mica

Lightness? What's that? I drive a PRHT!