Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: NTS2KOC #5 & 6, Nov 3-4, 2007 - Mineral Wells

Default NTS2KOC #5 & 6, Nov 3-4, 2007 - Mineral Wells

Quote Originally Posted by temming
    It's time to wrap up the 2007 autocross season, all in one weekend. These events are for bragging rights and trophies for those into trophies. Events are open to all makes and models so invite your friends, co-workers, and significant others. This is a great opportunity to learn about your car and improve your driving skills. If you are like me, you will hitch a ride with one of those good drives so you can have a really good time and pick up a few tips.

SEASON PASS:
    If you bought your season pass early on, one of these events will be free for you.

What: NTS2KOC 2007 Championship Autocross #5 and #6
    When: Saturday & Sunday, November 3rd & 4th, 2007
    Where: Mineral Wells, TX - Click for Map
    Registration is open: On-line registration is required and will be limited to 55 drivers. REGISTER HERE. Remember, you will need to signed up for each event separately. REGISTER HERE FOR SUNDAY. First-come, first-served. If you sign-up and find that you can't make it for some reason, please cancel on-line asap so others can have the opportunity to sign-up.

For those spending the night in/around Mineral Wells.
    Hotels:
    --Best Western (940.325.22770)
    --Ramada (940.325.6956)
    --Budget Host Inn (940.325.3377)

The details…

A. REGISTRATION:

1. Pre-Registration for NTS2KOC Autocrosses is required and can be accessed on-line at www.dlbracing.com/clubs/s2000. Registration will be capped at 55 drivers. Drivers who register in the competition class S2000 or S2000 R will not be subject to the cap. On-line registration for each event will commence at 12 AM on the Friday two weeks prior to the event and will subsequently close at 11 PM on the Thursday prior to the event. Registration for the event will generally not be available on site.
    2. Membership in the NTS2KOC is required and can be purchased at the timing tent. The cost of an annual Associate Membership is $10 -or- Regular Membership is $35. Membership is required for insurance purposes.
    3. The cost for each event is $30. There is a $5 discount for NTS2KOC club "Regular Membership". Membership applications will be available at the registration desk.
    4. If you paid for our 1st event in February, that payment can be applied to either of these events or the June 23rd event but not an event later in the year. If you purchased a season pass at our 1st event, you are set for the season.
    5. Licensed minors 16 years and older may participate in the event only with written parental consent. If the parent will not be not on site, confirmation of permission must be made prior to participation by contacting the track events coordinator. Minors under 16 may only ride in a vehicle owned and driven by their parent during fun runs (if conducted).
    6. All persons present at the event must sign a release waiver. Minors (under 1 must have waiver signed by parent or guardian.

B. COMPETITION FORMAT & SCHEDULE

1. The schedule is as follows:
    Saturday
    7:30am – Course Setup
    8:00-9:30am – Registration & Car Prep/Tech
    9:30am – Driver’s Meeting
    9:45am – Parade Lap
    10:00am – Session Begins
    Noon-1:00pm – Break for Lunch
    1:00pm – Session Begins
    Following afternoon session – Fun Runs
    4:15 - Dinner & Car Talk (Catered dinner for those driving both days-paid for by club)

Sunday
    7:30-8:30am – Registration & Car Prep/Tech
    8:30am – Driver’s Meeting
    8:45am – Parade Lap
    9:00am – Session Begins
    11:00am-12:00pm – Break for Lunch
    12:00pm – Session Begins
    Following afternoon session – Fun Runs (Limited)
    Course Teardown – All drivers who complete fun runs are requested to help.

2. The day will be divided into four sessions, drive two and work two, with each driver completing 4 timed runs per session totaling 8 runs per event.
    3. Drivers and passengers must wear seat belts and helmets while on the aut cross course.
    4. Instructors are available. Please request an instructor at the registration desk.
    5. If you are not driving a particular session, you will be working. Work categories include timing/scoring, grid, instructing, and corner working.
    6. An entrant may only compete and earn points in one class per event.

C. EVENT SCORING SYSTEM & CAR CLASSIFICATION:

1. Every car whose driver completes all required corner work duties is eligible to receive scoring points according to the time standing in the driver’s class. A driver is allowed to receive points in only one class and one position per event. Points will be scored as follows:

Position Points per Class:
    9 points- First place
    6 points- Second place
    4 points- Third place
    3 points- Fourth place
    2 points- Fifth place
    1 point – Sixth place and all other participants in class

2. The club will award points during each of the six autocross with a final championship trophy being awarded at the end of the season. Awards will be presented at the NTS2KOC December Holiday party. Trophies will be presented to competitors who have attended at least four events in the same class. Only the best four finishes for each driver will count towards the points total. If a driver changes classes during the season, any points accumulated in a given class will remain with that class and cannot be combined with points in any other class. In the event of a position points tie at the end of the year in a particular class, each driver’s best times from all events in which the tying competitors both competed will be added up and the lowest aggregate time will determine the winner of that position.
    3. Cars will be divided into several classes to provide reasonable competition. The default classes are S2000, S2000 R, Open, and Open R (with the differentiation being R-compound tire choice). Miata and Miata R will also be offered. Classification of other models will be based on attendance. A quota of at least four of a particular model is required for points to be awarded at an event. In order for a championship to be awarded, at least five of the events need to meet the quota. All models that do not form a class may compete for the championship in the Open classes.
    Remember, this is a Saturday/Sunday event... you'll need to sign up for each event separately. And don't forget... if you sign up for both events, there is a free dinner scheduled for Saturday night.
    Last edited by Dave04; 10-23-2007 at 08:30 AM.
    --
    Dave
    "Opinions are like ..."

Team Cheap Bastard
    President & Founder

I'm registered for both. Will be there Sat. for sure and hopefully Sun. too.

Quote Originally Posted by Titus View Post
    Sweet! I'm in.
    Well, if it's gonna rain, I'm out.
    Maybe 4 wheels aren't so bad after all... wickett.org
    It only goes to show when people can no longer discriminate on the grounds of race, religion, or sexual orientation, they can improvise and still find someone to hate. - Dave Moulton

Quote Originally Posted by tailchaser View Post
    Well, if it's gonna rain, I'm out.

Like you would have gone anyway. I bet you would come if they allowed bicycles.

Yeah. Ok. I'm busted. I wouldn't be there anyway. Not willing to buy tires to run the last event of the season... Maybe next year will work out better.
    Maybe 4 wheels aren't so bad after all... wickett.org
    It only goes to show when people can no longer discriminate on the grounds of race, religion, or sexual orientation, they can improvise and still find someone to hate. - Dave Moulton

Quote Originally Posted by tailchaser View Post
    Yeah. Ok. I'm busted. I wouldn't be there anyway. Not willing to buy tires to run the last event of the season... Maybe next year will work out better.
    Don't be a , if the tires on the Miata are about to go, bring out the RX-8. I'm sure there is plenty of tread left on them.
    Thomas
    V-to-the-Dub

It appears I've already registered. Shweet!
    (gotta be first at something)

That's Saturday only. Got a prior commitment on Sunday.
    Last edited by Darron65; 10-24-2007 at 11:06 AM. Reason: didn't notice there were 2 days

MME Goodwill Ambassador onething's Avatar

In.
    Bidden or not bidden, God is present
    "Up until the moment of impact, I was still having fun." Bob J. Hall San Francisco Region

I'll be there Saturday in a Corvette
    2009 MX-5 STR and track toy
    2003 Z06 -- Not a Miata, but 3200# and 400 RWHP is fun
    OTM -- 2012 Sierra, 2016 Impala (Appliances)

In for saturday, if I can wrap up 1st I probably won't make sunday.
    VW Bug in running shoes
    M Porcupine sedan
    M Porcupine coupe
    Crusty old e46 beater
    Battery Powered appliance car

MME Goodwill Ambassador onething's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by nealb View Post
    I'll be there Saturday in a Corvette
    Will it have brakes
    Bidden or not bidden, God is present
    "Up until the moment of impact, I was still having fun." Bob J. Hall San Francisco Region

I am in for both days! I guess this will finish off this set of tires. I hope there will be no liquid on the ground. The tires are below the wear bars!! I had a hard making home last time when it rained!
    Gabriel

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by onething View Post
    Will it have brakes
    don't know, haven't seen the car yet

hope so
    2009 MX-5 STR and track toy
    2003 Z06 -- Not a Miata, but 3200# and 400 RWHP is fun
    OTM -- 2012 Sierra, 2016 Impala (Appliances)

I'm in for Saturday. It's going to feel like grip city after struggling on the bus lot!
    What's left of a '96 Miata with stock clutch.
    My car exceeds my driving ability. That's the only possible explanation.

so i need to get a membership for their club + pay for the events????
    making the most out of a 07 civic si

Neal, are you driving Bob's Corvette?

I'm going to try and make it out Saturday, but I'm out for Sunday!
    Iain

"We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing." - George Bernard Shaw

Quote Originally Posted by meelaud View Post
    so i need to get a membership for their club + pay for the events????
    $10 associate membership once per calender year, then $30 per event. So, if you do just 1 day of the double header, it will be $40, or $70 if you do both days.

ahh i see. thanks man.

i think i can make sunday...we'll see what the boss says lol
    making the most out of a 07 civic si

We'll be there both days......camping out Friday and Saturday nights.

Lisa
    '79 Corvette

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast