Thread: Need help doding a few small mods

Banned
    Fort Worthless, Tx And deep in the land of STRESSSSSS!!!

Default Need help doding a few small mods

I was wondering if anybody would have a few moments saturday to help me do a 14 degree timingg bump( they would have to have the timing gun,( I don't have one) and to do some other stuff as well nothing drastic, just need to make sure they have done it before. ( rebuilt my motor my self, put it in myself, but scared to do a timing bump, go figure! .) They can even show up at the swap meet and do it there.

Thanks in advance

rory

Hmmm... let's see... if you rebuilt your motor yourself and installed it yourself, you had to set the timing after you put it in...

How is setting it to 14 degrees any different?

You'll get a complimentary trip to the Hurst Police Station if you think they will let you work on the car it the Target parking lot, I highly doubt they will even let you hang around for long before they call the Police. Since you will be trespassing. That is if you can find the Target! :P

What else do you need to do to the car?

Banned
    Fort Worthless, Tx And deep in the land of STRESSSSSS!!!

I called target and aske permision ot use it for the miata gragae sale as long as we are In the far part of the parking lot they don't care and Yes working on the car would probably get hurst police a littel ticked off I thought of that as soon as I hit the send button and I'm trying to type a report and keep up with this stuff as well so I have'nt gotten back to edit that. So beside the 14 degree bump I also need to get the idle a little more under control, And just basic stuff like that, and get some ideas from a couple of people.

Tailcahser|: I did'nt set the timing I just lined up the marks and installed the stuff on and I have'nt gotten around to the timing formany reason one time two tools and three lack of knowledge and experience ( never done one )

rory I have the miata thing going while working on a thesis ( the stress is so wonderful!!!)