Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: WTB: Brilliant Black drivers side door

Another option for you... My donor has power windows. I wanted to sell the door and keep the power window stuff, but if we did a door swap plus cash, I could keep the power window stuff out of your door, remove at my leisure, and throw away the rest. You would just have to deal with paint... all glass and power window stuff would already be there. Only ? is the condition of my door. I have not looked closely for door dings, etc. If you are interested, I can take a look at the condition of the door this weekend.

Quote Originally Posted by Titus View Post
    Another option for you... My donor has power windows. I wanted to sell the door and keep the power window stuff, but if we did a door swap plus cash, I could keep the power window stuff out of your door, remove at my leisure, and throw away the rest. You would just have to deal with paint... all glass and power window stuff would already be there. Only ? is the condition of my door. I have not looked closely for door dings, etc. If you are interested, I can take a look at the condition of the door this weekend.
    That may feasible, I also need to find a source that can repaint a door for a reasonable amount. I'd like to get out of this whole thing for $200 or less total.

EDIT: Called Mazda heaven, they have a black door shell for $100. Anyone want to volunteer to help me swap all the guts into the new shell? I got the door panel off pretty easily, just not sure about the door locks/power window. The good news is that the shell comes with the 1/4 glass in the front.
    Last edited by CosmosMpower; 11-06-2007 at 10:22 AM.
    VW Bug in running shoes
    M Porcupine sedan
    M Porcupine coupe
    Crusty old e46 beater
    Battery Powered appliance car

I may be able to help depending on when you plan on doing it.
    ...and across the line.

1996 Mazda Miata - R-Package (Eve-L)
    2012 Mazda CX-9 - Grand Touring (Dory)

You are welcome to stop by my house and we can see if we can get it fixed up for you. I am in Carrollton as well
    2005 Lava Orange MSM #601/1428
    211 rwhp, 195 ft. lbs on 1/6/07

Quote Originally Posted by Magma View Post
    You are welcome to stop by my house and we can see if we can get it fixed up for you. I am in Carrollton as well
    It isn't Carrollton, but I'm about a mile away from Magma.

Sounds good, I'll supply the beer :) Probably going to take one day this week and run down to Mazda heaven and grab either the full door or the door shell. What would you guys reccomend?

Door alone=$100

Complete door= $230, but direct swap (except speakers and LE door panel etc). I can then sell the power window equipment out of mine for ?? to recoup some cost.
    VW Bug in running shoes
    M Porcupine sedan
    M Porcupine coupe
    Crusty old e46 beater

Quote Originally Posted by CosmosMpower View Post
    What would you guys recommend?

Door alone=$100

Complete door= $230, but direct swap (except speakers and LE door panel etc). I can then sell the power window equipment out of mine for ?? to recoup some cost.
    $230 for everything is high. It is the more simple way, but the convenience is not worth $130, IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by johnwag View Post
    $230 for everything is high. It is the more simple way, but the convenience is not worth $130, IMO.
    Agreed, if you guys think it won't be too hard to swap everything over I will go with the bare door and hopefully do a small get together in my garage when time permits to get it done. I'll provide pizza/beer etc.
    VW Bug in running shoes
    M Porcupine sedan
    M Porcupine coupe
    Crusty old e46 beater

Definitely count me in. I want to see this done to decide if it is worth my trouble to swap the power windows over to my car from the donor.

Definitely count me in. I want to see this done to decide if it is worth my trouble to swap the power windows over to my car from the donor.
    I will call a friend with a truck and try and take off thursday or friday to go grab a door (hopefully they have one in good shape). Anyone want to shoot for saturday in Carrollton at my tiny apt garage or anyone else that wants to volunteer their place?

I'm guessing it should take 1-2 hrs tops?
    VW Bug in running shoes
    M Porcupine sedan
    M Porcupine coupe
    Crusty old e46 beater

You welcome to use my garage if you need, there are tools there and even a little knowledge.

Sat is fine for me
    2005 Lava Orange MSM #601/1428
    211 rwhp, 195 ft. lbs on 1/6/07

That is actually very easy to do. The hardest part is running the wiring.

If you wait another week I'd be happy to help. I already have plans this weekend.

RJ
    Daily Driver: 2013 Club edition in Pearl White Mica

Lightness? What's that? I drive a PRHT!

Quote Originally Posted by channelmaniac View Post
    That is actually very easy to do. The hardest part is running the wiring.

If you wait another week I'd be happy to help. I already have plans this weekend.

RJ
    I really hate driving around with a ghetto door. I already sold the other vehicle so I'm trying to drive it minimally while we're waiting on paperwork etc. Hopefully between 3-4 of us we can get it done on Saturday.

So Magma, Titus and myself are in for sat, anyone else want to come who might have some experience with this?
    VW Bug in running shoes
    M Porcupine sedan
    M Porcupine coupe
    Crusty old e46 beater

Quote Originally Posted by CosmosMpower View Post
    I really hate driving around with a ghetto door. I already sold the other vehicle so I'm trying to drive it minimally while we're waiting on paperwork etc. Hopefully between 3-4 of us we can get it done on Saturday.

So Magma, Titus and myself are in for sat, anyone else want to come who might have some experience with this?
    How much you buying?

I would but we'll be college shopping Saturday.

Ted the Red said he has a black door shell and can help me swap everything over so it looks like I may be heading his way on Saturday to do this.
    VW Bug in running shoes
    M Porcupine sedan
    M Porcupine coupe
    Crusty old e46 beater

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12