Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: SCCA Solo II #9 - LaGrave Field 11/18/07 - benefitting Metroport Meals on Wheels

Still, it was a good day. I had more fun than I would've had at home working on the yard or something.

Chassis Designer

I have to agree. It was a great day and a great season. Congrats to Matt and the crew for pulling it all together.
    David Smart
    Mazda MX5 Club - STR 194

Exclamation

Quote Originally Posted by Clovis View Post
    I have to agree. It was a great day and a great season. Congrats to Matt and the crew for pulling it all together.
    Hush Tire Boy!

Sparky won some free tires yesterday, no wonder he thought it was a great day!

Congrats BTW!

Quote Originally Posted by POS Racing View Post
    Yep nothing more fun that cleaning up a bunch of oil and then sitting around waiting on a Mod car to finish their last runs......

Good Times, Good Times.
    I was waiting to see how long that would take!
    I am the Cookie Monster, not the macaroni monster.

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by Prova7 View Post
    I was waiting to see how long that would take!
    Where you and John just trying to keep the season from ending.

Granted I have only attended one event with the mods, but... What the Mod drivers handled course set up and tear down as their work assignments, and then have them split there runs between the heats? Perhaps then they would be able to finish without holding things up?

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by Titus View Post
    Granted I have only attended one event with the mods, but... What the Mod drivers handled course set up and tear down as their work assignments, and then have them split there runs between the heats? Perhaps then they would be able to finish without holding things up?
    Wow your teh best!

The car in question drivers are/were the head of Tech inspections so the work assignment for them is always done first thing in the AM and the issue occurred during 3rd heat, but thanks for playing.

When ya figure out ER doesn't do hot laps let us know!

Talking

When ya figure out ER doesn't do hot laps let us know!
    I blame jrj512. He volunteered to make sure my first ER event went smoothly.

Quote Originally Posted by Titus View Post
    I blame jrj512. He volunteered to make sure my first ER event went smoothly.
    I also told him that all of the cool people make their runs topless. He bought that, too.

ForSale

Quote Originally Posted by nealb View Post

I saw him purposefully mow down the half dozen or so cones set up for this donation purpose in the course exit area.

Enjoy running with you.

LOL, It's amazing how many of the little buggers stayed standing after TRYING to mow them down.

Out on the track, opposite effect

Good times all year! Lots of close races to watch. Already looking forward to next season!

Hey, JR. Great course (best so far at La Grave) even though it kicked my

SA

Video!

Couldn't piece together a fast run, tires were ready to cord, not a great day for me.

I'll probably pick up a set of Kumhos during the winter. I'm interested to see how they compare to the Hankooks. See you guys next year!
    Thomas
    V-to-the-Dub

Talking

Oh lets not forget about meelaud winning novice class on Sunday! Nice Way to finish the season!

I got to work corner with meelaud ya had to talk kinda a slow and not make any quick movements but he seemed less challenged than most Honda owners.

I know there's a lot of crossover on the forums, but I think it's important to get this out to as many places as possible. In case you missed it on the TX Region forum this is from Blake at MMoW:
    ----------------------------------------------------------------

“To everyone that was out there Sunday, thank you very much for being apart of the SCCA Fundraiser benefiting Metroport Meals On Wheels. Your participation will make a tremendous impact that will be felt through the ongoing service we provide to each of our participants. Thank you for your generosity and for thinking about our organization.

Metroport Meals On Wheels, Inc. provided over 62,000 meals last year. Over 74% of our participants needed assistance in paying for their home-delivered meals. Our staff, along with over 500 incredible volunteers works diligently so that no one who needs our help is ever turned away. Your support enables us to do the work we do. It enables us to put people first and keep them first. Neighbors Helping Neighbors has been our culture from the very beginning. We are so appreciative of SCCA being such good neighbors!

On a personal note, I enjoyed being at your event and LOVED riding along Bernie Long and Amy Fair! My drive home afterward was boring to say the least!! What a great way to spend a beautiful Sunday afternoon with such a wonderful group of people!

Again, thanks to all of you who participated in the fundraiser. A special thanks to Matt for making it happen! I hope you and your families have a safe and happy holiday season!

Blake Barkoskie | Metroport Meals on Wheels | Director of Funding & Events
    (o) 817.491.1141 | (m) 817.807.7838 | (f) 817.491.0661
    ----------------------------------------------------------
    A Z06 is just like a Miata, but with the other half of the motor . . .

Oh lets not forget about meelaud winning novice class on Sunday! Nice Way to finish the season!

I got to work corner with meelaud ya had to talk kinda a slow and not make any quick movements but he seemed less challenged than most Honda owners.
    haha hey hey i thought i made it clear that i'm not a honda fanboy!! i bought it cause it was cheap, reliable, holds its value, etc. i do not live my life a quarter mile at a time
    making the most out of a 07 civic si

Quote Originally Posted by meelaud View Post
    haha hey hey i thought i made it clear that i'm not a honda fanboy!! i bought it cause it was cheap, reliable, holds its value, etc. i do not live my life a quarter mile at a time
    Nice job dude. Pick up some 245/40/17 hoosiers for next year and come play with the big dogs!
    C5 Base Daily Driven Beater
    Borrowed 1M
    (2017 B-Street Pro Solo Champion)

Jeremy Foley

Orange cones fear me. cone-cerned's Avatar

Results are up.

linkie
    On the track, I am fearless.
    If you were as slow as me, you wouldn't be afraid either.

1994 M Edition
    CSP 67

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by cone-cerned View Post
    Results are up.

linkie
    Did ya notice what they named this event!

Texas Region SCCA
    Final Results, #9 - gigidy gigidy - 2007-11-18

LOL!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123