Thread: anyone want to run to Hallett on 11/10?

Default anyone want to run to Hallett on 11/10?

I need a track day bad...really bad. I'm thinking about picking up a trailer (for the r-comps and luggage) and running up there for a track day. There's another 1.3 day with Apex on 12/1, but hopefully my car will be disassembled by then.

I need to crack the 1:40's with the r-comps before I go FI.

Any takers?
    TXMC: Drinkin, shootin, racin!

It will be too cold then. Let's do the 1.7 CW on 11/17.

1.7 CW is way better than 1.7 CCW.

Quote Originally Posted by johnwag View Post
    It will be too cold then. Let's do the 1.7 CW on 11/17.

1.7 CW is way better than 1.7 CCW.
    I would, but that's not listed on the Apex calendar. The 11/17 day on the apex site says 1.7ccw, and 3.1 on the msr calendar. Besides, you'll be in the advanced rungroup and I'll probably stay in the intermediate.

Driver
    The Enclave at The Villages of Deer Run at Quail Arroyo Estates de Chandelier Crossing
    Blog Entries

Chasing wags will make you better.

Quote Originally Posted by redmenace View Post
    Chasing wags will make you better.
    We've run together several times. I think it would be a pretty even match at Hallett in the same car...my lack of power makes me sad. I think we both have 16 hours of track time this year.

Quote Originally Posted by mr brg View Post
    We've run together several times. I think it would be a pretty even match at Hallett in the same car...my lack of power makes me sad. I think we both have 16 hours of track time this year.
    You are probably faster at Hallett, since you have much more seat time there, whereas I have more seat time at MSR.

We do have the same amount of seat time all together.

We need to switch cars at Hallett next time.

so I might delete this thread and sign up for the CW1.7.

I think I'm going to drive on the azenis though. I don't really want to buy blues when I have a bunch of hp+ pad to burn up.

I think I'm going to drive on the azenis though. I don't really want to buy blues when I have a bunch of hp+ pad to burn up.
    good point. FYI.....It wasn't until I ran the 3.1 CCW on a member's day that I cooked my HP+. I also had a passenger for 2 sessions.

I have done the 1.7CW with the HP+ on r-comps and didn't cook the pads or boil the fluid.

Now, the 1.3 is VERY hard on brakes. I could smell my HP+ after every session when I ran the 1.3.

so I might delete this thread and sign up for the CW1.7.

You shouldn't need Blues to run R compounds on the 1.7 at MSR. I've run there several times in the past on various R comps (Victoracers, Ecsta V700s, and V710s) with HP+ pads. The 1.7 really isn't that hard on brakes.
    Iain

"We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing." - George Bernard Shaw

Quote Originally Posted by altiain View Post
    You shouldn't need Blues to run R compounds on the 1.7 at MSR. I've run there several times in the past on various R comps (Victoracers, Ecsta V700s, and V710s) with HP+ pads. The 1.7 really isn't that hard on brakes.
    agreed. HP+ are plenty...
    Speed

––––––––––––––––?? ?––––––––––––––––? ??––––
    Don't look...there's nothing down here for you!

Quote Originally Posted by miataspeedracer View Post
    agreed. HP+ are plenty...
    i was on the limits of the hp+ at hallett and the 1.3. There's only 1 threshold braking point for me on the 1.7 CCW, so I bet the cw direction will be similar.

I just realized that I have 11/12 off. I could do the track day on saturday, sunday, then come back monday morning.

It might be really cool to take a little time off, run up to the Osage hills, and get some Autumn in my life.

I would love to do this, but currently I am up to my neck in schoolwork. By 11/12 I will be up to my eyeballs.

I don't suppose there will be anything 3/8 to 3/16 of next year during UTD's spring break?