Thread: Newest addition to the family

Talking Newest addition to the family

Christmas came early this year...Bersa Thunder .380 ACP

My wife and I were looking for a compact pistol to learn with and eventually get our CHLs and carry. I was looking into either a PPK/s, or a Sig p232, as they fit my hand best, but with prices ranging north of $600-$800, it would be awhile saving up that kind of cash. I tried out the Bersa and it fit both of our hands as well as the PPK/Sig, and at half the price, operation was easier than the others(for a beginner of course).

After we get our CHLs maybe this summer, I want to pick up a Sig, and pass this one to my wife.

I read tons of reviews, and this little .380 stacks up surprisingly well, especially for retailing around $300.
    http://www.gunblast.com/Bersa_Thunder380.htm

I own a shotgun, and go shooting with friends often, but this is my first handgun, so im damn proud of it. Sadly I won't be able to try it out for probably a few more weeks, until school is out...
    '94 C-Package Black & Tan | MS3x | exhintake | USDM Tein Monoflex 10/8k | My 8 year roadster evolution

nice i just bought a taurus pt140 pro aabout 3 weeks ago, nice lil .40 cal easy to conceal and carry

take your own ammo and lots of it to the range or they will screw you on theirs
    07 civic si sedan -- the new toy
    92 miata-dead 85 VF500F, 01 750 Ace Deluxe
    furry friends -- sibes - lakota, anana, baby - schnauzers - roxie, tater --- MUTT -- Aero()
    - gus gus and gidget -- birds - stewie & Libby

Congratuations! Bersa makes a nice little gun there. I've been tempted to get one with the Crimson Trace laser grips. But I've already got enough handguns (for now).

Maybe we need to have an splinter forum for the shooters!
    Randy (who'd rather be )
    - - - - -
    Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside a dog, it's too dark to read. -Groucho Marx
    2005 Saab 9³ Arc 2.0L Turbo

I'm still up in the air over my carry weapon... I'm looking into either an HK USP-C or a Springfield XD, both in .40S&W.

I may pick up an FN Five-Seven just for gits and shiggles, too
    09 Lexus RX350
    .... no Miata

Quote Originally Posted by randy7601 View Post
    Congratuations! Bersa makes a nice little gun there. I've been tempted to get one with the Crimson Trace laser grips. But I've already got enough handguns (for now).

Maybe we need to have an splinter forum for the shooters!

Maybe we could do a get together at a range sometime?

I'd be down, as long as I could get some time away from school.

I dont have a clue about handgun ranges though, as I mostly go trap shooting with my shotgun, or shoot trees way out in the country. Maybe we could find a centrally located range somewhere in the metroplex for a GTG.

Quote Originally Posted by randy7601 View Post
    But I've already got enough handguns (for now).
    Ive heard theyre like tattoos, just gotta have one more...
    '94 C-Package Black & Tan | MS3x | exhintake | USDM Tein Monoflex 10/8k | My 8 year roadster evolution

Quote Originally Posted by Jiggerachi View Post
    Maybe we could find a centrally located range somewhere in the metroplex for a GTG.

It's not real central but there is a range close to the DFW Airport. It's the Elm Fork range - part of the Dallas Parks & Recreation and is easy to find.

Go south on Luna from 635 after you go past Royal it turns into a 2 lane country road. Pass the L.B. Houston golf course and it'll be on your right.

RJ
    Daily Driver: 2013 Club edition in Pearl White Mica

Lightness? What's that? I drive a PRHT!

RJ,

You forgot to mention about dodging the potholes and ruts.
    05 MX-5 Mazdaspeed #1024 Titanium Gray Mica

Quote Originally Posted by Radio-Active View Post
    RJ,

You forgot to mention about dodging the potholes and ruts.
    If I'm going to drive that far, I'd rather go to DFW Gun Range. Not close to me, but worth the trip. It's a nice facility...

and you can rent assault rifles and submachine guns
    09 Lexus RX350
    .... no Miata