Thread: My son's learning expensive lessons

Wink My son's learning expensive lessons

LOL, over the long weekend, I noticed Austin's car ('97) had bald rear tires. WTF, I gave him the car 6 weeks ago, with fresh Kumo AST's! So I came inside to ask him about said tires. Of course he denied any wrong doing. Then I explained to him that the rear tires only had about 12k miles on them and were in great shape when I replaced the front tires due to a road hazard only three months ago. After a little he finally came clean. When he did so, I got on-line and had Discount do some price matching and told him to go to Discount and replace the tires. He happened to have $235.00 in his wallet. Discounts price was $195 out the door. Boy was he mad at himself, lol, and depressed. Then if that wasnt' enough, as additional insurance, so that he would no longer abuse the car, I turned his rev limiter down to 4500 rpm.

Between the lower rpm, and the lighter wallet, I suspect he won't be doing any more donuts in the school parking lot, or drifting.
    '08 Copper Red GT PRHT, '06 Accord EXL, '05 Dodge Magnum R/T, '01 V8 Dakota for pulling 2135 Chaparral.

LMAO that's priceless!
    99 Miata Black

You should have gone easy on him. We were young once ... a looooong time ago! I gladly spend the $195 to have it back any day!
    Gabriel

4500, that is almost as high as an MSM redline
    2005 Lava Orange MSM #601/1428
    211 rwhp, 195 ft. lbs on 1/6/07

Good thing my dad never noticed the rear tires on his truck.

I used to do that in the diesel dooley and it had a 4500 redline.

I finally learned my lesson, when I had to buy the tires. (or walk)

I burned through a lot of tires in my '66 Stang once I discovered power-braking. Probably the only good thing about an automatic transmission. I was a spoiled little shit, so I got new tires without too much flack. My comeuppance was probably the best thing that ever happened to me.

Tell him he's lucky... it took me 3 cars to finally get one that could do a proper burnout
    09 Lexus RX350
    .... no Miata

Geez 4500? That's harsh, is that even enough power to get out of a dangerous situation? I wish any of my tires lasted 12,000 miles or even 6,000
    VW Bug in running shoes
    M Porcupine sedan
    M Porcupine coupe
    Crusty old e46 beater
    Battery Powered appliance car