Thread: Hey guys - how to remove the center console NB

Default Hey guys - how to remove the center console NB

How do i get the center consol out it seems to be hung oh and this is THe Kid

What year car??

my 2002 miata ls but i broke some little clip under the power windows i dont think they wanted me to take it off
    but it will be ok i hope

No help here... I haven't tried ripping apart my 03 yet...

Did it plenty of times on my 92... on the 92 there were screws under the ashtray & in the center console... as well as up at the front...

Are you sure you located all of the screws in your 02's console?

Also - look on the pointy board in the garage section. (pointy board = www.miata.net )

Raymond
    Daily Driver: 2013 Club edition in Pearl White Mica

Lightness? What's that? I drive a PRHT!

I think if you surf around miata.net's Garage section you'll find a set of instructions for this.

I've done it on my '99, and I think the '02 is pretty similar. First, there are two screws inside the storage compartment that need to be removed, and a third one under the ashtray. Once you've removed those three screws, there are two screws, one on either side of the consol near the forward end, where it wraps down into the footwell.

Once you've removed those five screws (and the shiftknob, which spins off counterclockwise), grab the center console by either side near the front, about even with where the gearshift comes through. Pull straight up sharply and quickly (like a jerking motion), and that should do it. Don't worry - you won't break anything. If the console has never been off before, you might need ot use more force than you'd think to remove it, but remember to pull straight up.

Hope that helps.
    Iain

"We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing." - George Bernard Shaw

If you get stuck, I have the '04 Service manuals... let me know and I'll try to photo copy the relavent pages for you.
    --
    Dave
    "Opinions are like ..."

http://www.zoom-zoom.info/mazda_fact...d_dash_kit.htm

Take a look at this website, shows how to get the console out and the screw under the power window switch!

lol broke the one under the power window but oh well i'll live... :)
    The Kid