Thread: Car & Driver names 2008 Miata 1-of-10 Best

Team Cheap Bastard
    President & Founder

Post Car & Driver names 2008 Miata 1-of-10 Best

WTF is the Chevy Malibu doing in that list?
    VW Bug in running shoes
    M Porcupine sedan
    M Porcupine coupe
    Crusty old e46 beater
    Battery Powered appliance car

Quote Originally Posted by CosmosMpower View Post
    WTF is the Chevy Malibu doing in that list?
    That new 'Bu is actually pretty nice. Not my type of car, but if I was in the market for an automatic Camry or Accord, then I would look at it.

Also notice that C&D included the National Miata Owners Club (or something like that) in the list of the '10 Most (Homo) Autoerotic Terms'.

Shouldn't it be renamed the "Car & Driver 8 Best-Plus-the-BMW-3-Series-and-Honda-Accord" Award?
    Iain

"We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing." - George Bernard Shaw

Quote Originally Posted by jrj512 View Post
    That new 'Bu is actually pretty nice. Not my type of car, but if I was in the market for an automatic Camry or Accord, then I would look at it.
    Just a guess, but I bet that the last new Malibu also made the list, and featured some line about it finally returning to glory and ready to take on the Toyonda Camord.

Quote Originally Posted by jrj512 View Post
    Also notice that C&D included the National Miata Owners Club (or something like that) in the list of the '10 Most (Homo) Autoerotic Terms'.
    Yeah.. I saw that too.

Quote Originally Posted by Treibenschnell View Post
    Just saw the Mali' in person... not a bad looking car.
    Haven't seen one in the flesh yet, but it looks really nice... GM has really got their shit together here lately. My mom has a Buick Lucerne and it's damn nice - about a million steps forward from her old LeSabre, and I dare say it's on par with the Lexus ES or a Toyota Avalon.
    '94 Black & Black & Tan
    '99 head swap, JR header, TDR intake & header blanket, MegaSquirt, RB hollow bar, Tein Flex, 15x8 6ULs, HD M2 Sport, FM cat, Borla cat-back, black '95M interior, MOMO Zebrano, IL Motorsport console...

Dyno Days
    8/16/08 (bone stock): 103.1 hp/99.0 lb-ft - Dynojet
    8/23/08 (Borla cat-back): 108.2 hp/104.1 lb-ft - Dynojet
    8/13/11 (more stuff...): 126 hp/116 lb-ft - Mustang dyno

Roger Moore: the Danny White of James Bonds

Quote Originally Posted by trickyrix View Post
    Haven't seen one in the flesh yet, but it looks really nice... GM has really got their shit together here lately. My mom has a Buick Lucerne and it's damn nice - about a million steps forward from her old LeSabre, and I dare say it's on par with the Lexus ES or a Toyota Avalon.
    Rick, has GM got you on the payroll............. Drive that Buick when its got 150K on it and then drive that Toyota or Lexus and tell me what you think..........Kind of like a SKY or Miata comparision, I think most people on this board would agreee the GM twins will not age well, yet we know how Miatas age, don't we? ALL the domestics have made great strides, they HAD to, they were going down in flames (some still are...). All the domestic mfgs. build some good stuff now, much better than they used too. I've been driving Ford PU's for 17 years now, never been stranded yet (where did I put that piece of wood).

The Mazdaspeed3 made the list? I just started noticing those... they'd make a good daily driver and the hatch version would be perfect to haul planes
    09 Lexus RX350
    .... no Miata

I thought the new Malibu was kinda nice too, but then I saw mileage. 22/30 for the 4-cyl, no thank you.

I have been at a training session and my supervisor has a rented Cobalt. That isn't bad, the mileage is 25/34 which I consider sub-par but moderately acceptable. I like the low seat height and fairly (for these days anyways) low stance.