Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Who rolls fender lips in DFW?

Default Who rolls fender lips in DFW?

I have a need to have my fender lips rolled pretty substantially. Does anyone know anyone? Or will I be forced to buy an Eastwood Fenderlip Roller and do it myself?

Thanks!

There is a guy in Ft. Worth that rents them out for $50. Sorry, I don't remember the contact info. It's really an easy procedure and you should do it yourself.
    Thomas
    V-to-the-Dub

Sweet - thanks!

Anyone have that info?

Several of us on the East side went in together on one. Not sure who has it though... Probably at Nexus Flux's house in Plano.

The North TX S2000 club owns one, it's floating around somewhere. I'm sure you can rent/borrow it from us, if you're interested let me know and I'll see who has it.
    VW Bug in running shoes
    M Porcupine sedan
    M Porcupine coupe
    Crusty old e46 beater
    Battery Powered appliance car

Orange cones fear me. cone-cerned's Avatar

Although I have not done it myself, I have heard of people using a baseball bat.
    On the track, I am fearless.
    If you were as slow as me, you wouldn't be afraid either.

1994 M Edition
    CSP 67

I have the one Titus is talking about. Let me know
    '06 RSX Type-S NBP

Quote Originally Posted by cone-cerned View Post
    Although I have not done it myself, I have heard of people using a baseball bat.
    The fender rolling tool is much easier to control (prevent paint cracking). I've done both methods.
    Thomas
    V-to-the-Dub

Quote Originally Posted by Nexus Flux View Post
    I have the one Titus is talking about. Let me know
    I'm in Murphy, so probably not too terribly far from you. I'm not in a huge hurry - anytime in the next 2-4 weeks would suffice.

Thanks a lot!!!

Check with BAM, he had one at his place of business when I had an alignment done a few months back.
    1990 White NA - SOLD
    1994 Black NA - SOLD
    2006 Red NC - GT with limited slip, HIDs, all OEM.

Quote Originally Posted by motorollow View Post
    Check with BAM, he had one at his place of business when I had an alignment done a few months back.
    Might be the same one, as he helped organize the group buy of the one that is in Nexus Flux's garage.

The one BAM! had borrowed was before we bought the one I have.
    '06 RSX Type-S NBP

OK - I'll be ready in a week or so to roll my fenders...

Where do I get the Eastwood roller, and who do I have to pay for the privilege?

PMed
    '06 RSX Type-S NBP

I'd like to see the roller in action. Let me know when you're going to do this.
    ...and across the line.

1996 Mazda Miata - R-Package (Eve-L)
    2012 Mazda CX-9 - Grand Touring (Dory)

Quote Originally Posted by rpmchris View Post
    I'm in Murphy, so probably not too terribly far from you. I'm not in a huge hurry - anytime in the next 2-4 weeks would suffice.

Thanks a lot!!!
    So Chris, what did you buy that you need to roll the fender lips so deeply? Gonna try some 285s next season?
    Iain

"We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing." - George Bernard Shaw

Michael The Schmeckel Ted the Red's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by black roadster View Post
    I'd like to see the roller in action. Let me know when you're going to do this.

I would also like to be in on this, let me know when and where.
    Michael
    1990 Classic Red "C" Package with Hardtop.
    1990 White project from Heck!

I am full of good ideas, just most people don't call it good ideas!

Quote Originally Posted by altiain View Post
    So Chris, what did you buy that you need to roll the fender lips so deeply? Gonna try some 285s next season?
    Almost! Actually, the wheels I'm getting are nearly as wide as those used to fit the 285s, but much lighter...

I'm getting 17x9" 45ET Enkei RPF1s (@ 15.9 lbs) wrapped in the new BFGoodrich g-Force R1 in a 245/40-17. The stock 17x7" wheel & 205/45-17 "runflat" tire setup weighs around 39-40 lbs - my setup will weigh around 36-37 lbs and is 2" wider than stock! (My current street/autox setup is 17x7.5" RPF1s with 235/40-17 Goodyear F1 GS-D3s)

I'll be getting the roller this Wednesday at the Plano meet (I believe...), and will post-up when and where I'll be doing the dastardly deed on my fenders (likely the week between Christmas and New Years day since I'm off).

Quote Originally Posted by rpmchris View Post
    Almost! Actually, the wheels I'm getting are nearly as wide as those used to fit the 285s, but much lighter...

I'm getting 17x9" 45ET Enkei RPF1s (@ 15.9 lbs) wrapped in the new BFGoodrich g-Force R1 in a 245/40-17. The stock 17x7" wheel & 205/45-17 "runflat" tire setup weighs around 39-40 lbs - my setup will weigh around 36-37 lbs and is 2" wider than stock! (My current street/autox setup is 17x7.5" RPF1s with 235/40-17 Goodyear F1 GS-D3s)

I'll be getting the roller this Wednesday at the Plano meet (I believe...), and will post-up when and where I'll be doing the dastardly deed on my fenders (likely the week between Christmas and New Years day since I'm off).
    Sweet! Let me know when the fender rolling commences, I'd be interested in helping.

Just out of curiosity, where did you get the wheels, and how much did they cost? I'm looking for a set of 17"x9-10" track wheels for next year. I like the RPF1s and I'd like to get a set, but right now the budget leader is the 17"x9" 5Zigen Fn01r-c for $205 each.

I'd like to order a set of the 17"x10" wheels, but I think that might be a little too much.
    Iain

"We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing." - George Bernard Shaw

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast