Thread: newby here!

Default newby here!

greetings ....found this site thru miata.net.Someone posted under me (sorry forgot who) and their location said dfw........home of the cheap....... hilarious!I had a Spitfire,GT6,and 914 back in the day,and then the family car period so for my 50th B-Day I bought a sweet 3xblack 94 base model in SF on eBay and my wife and her sis flew out and drove it back (I hadta work) Why do I want to be involved here? Well you look like groovy folks and I am in your neck o'the woods from time-to-time.My wife works in Richardson once a week (telecommutes the rest of the time) and when I am off on the days she works I drive her down in the Miata and usually just cruise around till she gets finished and spit polish my ride in the time to kill.I live in a choice point of SE Okla for twisties and would be willing to host a staging area for a cruise or whatever..........anyway,howdy and see ya later!
    Barry

Team Cheap Bastard
    President & Founder

Welcome barrysmith! We have a few others members in Southern Oklahoma, aka Frisco and/or Plano! Glad you found us!!!

PS
    I have that tag-line on my miata.net account too!

DFWMiata.com - Home of Team Cheap Bastard

I was gonna say the same thing as sammm, we have some okies, oh wait their from plano!!

Let me suggest this page to start with! Welcome!

Welcome barrysmith!

I had to look on the map... Wilburton sounded familiar... I've been there it's near Robber's Cave State park!

That's a LONG drive to Richardson! What does your wife do?

RJ
    Daily Driver: 2013 Club edition in Pearl White Mica

Lightness? What's that? I drive a PRHT!

correct.....Robbers Cave.She does IT at Cingular.....bout a 3 hr drive but she has a choice job and like I said only has to go in once a week ........... and she drives an FX 35 so it's not that big of a chore I work for XTO Energy here in natural gas production.
    I lived around the Prescott&Douglas area in the 70's but needless to say its pretty different now from then..........still love to drive around there though (hate it that Stonebridge isnt a thru street anymore)

Welcome to the madness, barrysmith!

I'm guessing it was my pointy board tagline that led you here, which means it's working :
    Posts: 4702 | From: DFWMiata.com - Home of Team Cheap Bastard! | Registered: Aug 2001 |
    Iain

"We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing." - George Bernard Shaw

Welcome! We'll have to come drive some of your favorite twisties!!!!!
    Smile
    93' LE #1136 - FM II
    250k miles

Welcome, indeed.

I found this group myself only a few weeks ago. Lots of friendly people who are always up for some good Miata- or motorsports-related mischief!

Chuck

Welcom aboard. Have fun and poke fun at POS, 3bean (tribenshnell or what ever his name is), and of course me, Ataim., Because we all will dish it out and take all in good fun.

Paul
    Hmm what is decent? Are we talking about your decent or my decent? I'm just curious because I don't want to offend anyone else's decent...

Quote Originally Posted by Ataim
    Welcom aboard. Have fun and poke fun at POS, 3bean (tribenshnell or what ever his name is), and of course me, Ataim., Because we all will dish it out and take all in good fun.

Paul
    Hey, you hurt my fellers!! :P

Oh, wait, that's POS's line!!

Welcom aboard...I have underwear older than most of these guys, but they are a pretty neat bunch once you get to know them...
    OzCop
    MSM
    "It's never too late to have a happy childhood!"

Being old ain't so bad...as long as you can still fool yourself into not beleiving it...are you down dawg??? :)
    Davo

Sebring Silver '02 S2000